Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light

Filtered by age: 36-43
Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light
Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light

4.4

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Olymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Olyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain : Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

on 6/21/2018 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

So 4 or 5 years ago I purchased Dim Light. I made my skin look fabulous, finish wise,but something was just off. It lasted 5 years for me because I didn't use it everyday, especially when my skin was dry in winter.

I just finished it and also finally figured what was slightly off. It was making me look slightly bronzed. Not obvious at all, but to me I noticed it once I figured it out. I am light skinned with cooler undertones....nothing bronze will work on me.

So when I went to get a replacement for Dim, the SA at Sephora suggested Diffused. At first I was thinking no way, once she leaves I'm picking up a different one! It looked so yellow in the store. But, she said it would be suited to my pink undertones. So, I figured I would try it out. Looked great on in the store, but the true test would be in other lighting. I bought it anyway because I knew I could just return it if I hated it.

So I got in the car. Looking good! The end of the day....still looking good! The best of all is that it is not yellow in real life...more of an ivory with just a tiny hint of butter yellow, but mostly what I would call a deeper ivory?

Anyway, I love it. Skin looks great. I don't wear foundation on most of my face (just two small areas really), and I just use primer and this, spray on the old setting spray, and my skin looks great all day.

Cool toned gals....don't let the yellow scare you off. It really looks great with cooler toned skin.

It's probably all in my head but when I look in the mirror, I look like one of those Instagram girls, but without all the fancy stuff they use to look flawless. I also look older than those Instagram girls, well, because I am older.....but my skin looks great.

on 1/8/2017 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely LOVE this product!!! I use the Diffused Light and have been using it for a few years now. It's a product that I thought I could go without but sadly I can't. It's not caky or chalky it just glides on smoothly like silk on your face and the exact consistency goes on. It's definitely my go to for everyday use! It's even better then Laura Mercier's Translucent powder which I'm a little disappointed in considering all the hype about it. But then again every product works differently for your face. I love this product, I can use it on top of my concealer and it doesn't crease or cake up. I also love this product for highlighting and baking. Hourglass is one of my favorite make-up lines not just cause of their amazing products but also cause of the packaging. It's not cheap, its pristine quality not cheap plastic crap. They are pricey but you get what you pay forā¤

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I do love this powder, it gives such a flawless but still not powdery look. This is unlike all powders I have tried so far. But the price is steep and I usually only buy this when I have some extra money to use on makeup. I recently bought Wet'n Wild's Reserve Your Cabana, which I think is a good dupe, but a little more drying. My best combo for the ALP is when I go Hourglass all the way - the No28 primer under the Illusion Skin Tint and finishing off with alp. Like magic!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a truly lovely powder. It imparts a subtle glow and I found it buildable without being cakey. No glitter chunks here, just a slight pearly shimmer that looks natural and pretty. The powder is very fine and velvety, and a little goes a long way. Under strong direct light or sun, I can see the shimmer particles, though they are very small and not at all apt to make me look like I've escaped the set of an 80's music video.

The light yellow shade is perfect for my very pale, warm-toned skin, and it looks warm without being too golden or ghostly. I can't see even a hint of pink or orange in this powder, and the dewy look it gives isn't chalky or even particularly powdery looking.

My sensitive skin doesn't have any complaints about this product after several weeks of almost-daily use. It's too sheer to provide any real color correction, but I do find that it provides an extra little boost toward neutralizing my rosacea redness, which is always a good thing.

For me, the only drawback to this powder (other than the price, which makes it a beauty splurge) is that it can end up making even the oilier areas of my combo skin look dry if I'm layering it for extra glow. The line between giving myself a youthful dewiness or looking fragile and aged beyond my years is a very fine one ideed with this product, so I'm limited to using a light hand when applying. Since it has such a hefty price tag, that's probably a good thing.

I love how glowy Diffused Light makes my skin. It really does give a diffused soft-focus finish, like you're sitting under fairy lights that have been swathed in tulle, exactly as it promises. Who doesn't like kept promises? I bought mine over a month ago and I've hardly made a dent in it despite using it most days for finishing and touchups, so that's a plus.

I'm happy to say that this product has earned a permanent spot in my makeup kit, I'll definitely purchase this again.

on 5/23/2015 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Diffused Light is a beautiful off-white powder, when swatched on my hand the shimmer is apparent but applied with a fluffy powder brush on my skin it appears to soften without noticeable shimmer. This is a good choice for my light NW15 skin, it is transparent and light, but doesn't appear ashy. I use it on the weekends after applying sunscreen, and at other times as a finishing powder. It's a very subtle effect and I really like it. Beautiful compact with mirror in the lid. Will repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I held out on the Ambient Lighting Powders for so long because of the price. I own this one as well as Ethereal Light. They are both pretty similar once they are on the skin. These powders provide such a beautiful glow to the skin without being glittery or too shimmery. They don't accentuate my pores at all. I feel like it helps to blur a little bit of the redness in my skin. Overall I feel like this is a must have in my collection going forward!

on 6/10/2014 5:56:00 AM

There must be a record amount of these ambient powders sold from the YouTube hype alone - which by the way I was not going to buy into. Then I succumbed in a late night online shopping frenzy and bought one....ok I lie I bought three... and I don't regret it.

These powders are great. Diffused is my most used ambient powder as on my NC15 skin I can use this as a setting/finishing powder all over. This lightly yellow toned powder leaves me looking fresh and smooth skinned. It's not shimmery and sparkly but leaves a more healthy glow. It goes beautifully over so many liquid foundations I have tried it with.

I love that its not "powdery" and very easy to buff into the skin. My favourite ways to apply this powder are with a small fluffy brush, a larger fan brush or buffed in with a bigger flat top brush. It does need touching up on my normal/combo skin later in the day as I get a bit shiny in the T-zone, I like that this can be blotted and reapplied easily without that chalky more powder look going on.

If you are new to these and on the fence which one to go for I have the following comparisons:
Diffused Light - Can be used as setting/finishing powder - not sparkly more of a glow.

Ethereal Light - Lighter than Diffused, looks white but is more a light cream, great as a setting powder for NC15 - doesn't have as much of a glow as Diffused.

Luminous Light - Has a definite sparkle, better used as a highlight product, is a shade or more darker than Diffused, have tried this all over and was too dark on my NC15 skin and very shimmery/sparkly/un-natural looking.

I'm in NZ and found the cheapest place to buy this was Mecca Australia (especially if you are buying more than one item) - even with the shipping. .This place may be the best bet for Aussie girls too.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

These powders really did barrel onto the scene in a speeding hype-train, prompting many reviewers to reflexively snub them out of sheer irritation. And I totally get that contrarian urge to hate on stuff that marketers tell you to like, but real talk here? This stuff is great.

Diffused Light is a scentless, pale, eggnog shade with a stirring of pearl in it for the barest hint of a gleam when applied to the face. The soft yellow is meant to balance out redness, but the application is too sheer to do all of the work if that's the effect you're wanting. Better to use another product for that. However, if you just want to nudge a pink toned complexion a step toward neutral, this will do so nicely. It doesn't mattify your complexion at all. Instead, it buffs it to a subtle sheen, nearly tracelessly, imparting the polished look of clean, luminous skin. I've been wearing it in place of foundation over my daily sunscreen, and find that it gives me all the polish I want, though it does fade a bit after five hours on my skin.

Although this is nominally a highlighting powder, this particular shade is better suited as an allover finishing powder, at least on lighter skintones, and as such, I wouldn't recommend buying the special brush they've made for it, which is better suited for targeted applications.

As fantastic as this finishing powder is, I can't really give it 5 lipsticks. The packaging isn't luxurious enough for the price point, and for fifty bucks, I expect something more refined than a lightweight plastic compact. Still, I would buy it again, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for a subtle, flattering finishing powder.

on 1/29/2014 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I have these ambient powders in 3 shades, Diffused, Radiant, and Luminous and Diffused is my least favorite of the bunch. I am a C6 for reference and even tho the yellow undertones complimented my complexion and balanced out the redness of a few acne issues I was having, it is very easy for it to leave a pale cast if you don't use an extremely light hand. It really does blur out imperfections and gives you a nice soft muted diffused kind of subtle glow to the skin but on me it worked better as a highlight rather than an all over illuminating powder. If you fall into the medium to dark range, Luminous is more versatile and would probably work better on a much wider range of skin tones and Radiant gives an even warmer darker glow.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

For me, this product suffers from over hype. It's a lovely powder, very finely milled and great for using all over my face to set my foundation, even under the eyes to set concealer. But it's a very basic product. No bells and whistles. It imparts no glow or unique finish. It doesn't do anything that a straight up setting powder wouldn't do.

The packaging is very functional, but nothing superb. The product is baked, so it can be prone to breaking off and then it just sort of bounces around inside of the packaging.

This is a nice product, but there is nothing unique enough about it to justify the price tag, imo.