Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub

Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub

3.6

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment); Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Polyethylene, Glycerin, Acrylates/Aminoacrylates/C10 30 Alkyl PEG 20 Itaconate Copolymer, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Matricaria Flower Extract (Chamomilla Recutita), Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Yellow 6, Red 40, Blue 1 (CI42090), Red 33, Yellow 5, Fragrance (Parfum)

on 10/16/2015 6:33:00 PM

My body can be prone to breakouts on my back, chest, and upper arms. Especially if I use products that are too emollient. Everything had been cleared up quite nicely with Dial's original gold bar soap, but it left my skin parched. And over time I quit using faithfully. Well, wouldn't you know my breakouts came back this year while using other products. Instead of going back to the drying Dial, I decided to give this scrub a chance. My facial skin responds well to salicylic acid, so I figured my body would too. After about one week of use (sometimes twice daily, if I take a bath at night), my skin has cleared up beautifully. It hasn't irritated my skin or caused any excessive drying. Make sure you use a moisturizer after, though. The scent is fresh and doesn't linger on the skin. I only wish they'd make it in a larger bottle, but a little goes a long way.

on 5/5/2015 1:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I discovered I had some acne on my back about a week before I went on vacation. I ran to CVS to get a bottle of the stuff after reading some reviews in my back cleared up within a couple days! Best stuff ever :-)

I have been using this product for 2 years and it does work!!! I would definitely recommend it.

on 1/8/2015 5:07:00 PM

I have been using this body scrub for years. If you have any skin problems or acne on your body this will clear that up in just a few uses. It smells fine and makes your skin feel soft. It exfoliates well and with daily use makes you look like you have nice glowing skin. It's a really great product.

on 7/31/2014 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I see improvement very fast ! I once stop using it when my chest and back cleared up and then about a year later , I remember using this product and it does me wonders .

on 6/19/2014 10:27:00 PM

As a teenager I used this stuff for my stubborn body acne on my back and chest and helped considerably, particularly with my chest. Fast forward many years and I've been using it as a basic exfoliator for my chest and arms. Ahhh, the smells of my teenage angst ridden, hot long showers.

As for my upper chest when I'm not exfoliating I can literally pill up the dead skin in gobs. It didn't really bother me much and I would just use a loofah in the shower to reduce it. But then I had a neck and shoulder massage and masseuse pilled off so much skin that I was utterly embarrassed. It was so gross. So I looked into what cheap products I could use and this at the top of the list. The salicylic acid does my skin wonders on my upper chest. My skin looks so shiny and healthy, it looks particularly nice when I wear scoop necks with a nice bra, no makeup contouring needed. Sometimes I surprise myself with odd parts of my body that I am utterly pleased with. This is one of them.

I have some keratosis pilaris (little pink bumps on back of arms that a lot of people have) and after using it for awhile I've noticed a moderate improvement. But not 100%. I also specifically researched what would help the most with that and this was the main, cheapest most, accessible product recommended due to the exfoliating effects of the salicylic acid.

Also some people are complaining about the packaging and not able to get the product out....but I do believe the bottle is designed to be stored upside down so that the gel is easily dispensed, almost too easily dispensed because the hole is a bit large.

I dealing with adult acne for which before 6 months ago I had maybe 2 pimples a year. I've tried many things!! Sadly nothing has worked. I bought this for my husband and he hated it. So I gave it a shot. I use it on my face, chest, shoulders and back only. Loofa when applying it to my body and hands on my face. I can honestly say it made me cry the improvements I have had. I paid 5.99 at Target for it and lasts me for months. I wouldn't recommend everyday (2 x daily) use on the face. It can cause dryness if over used. I use it once daily sometimes twice.

I used this for the last time last night on my back and neck area. This morning I couldn't figure out why my the skin on my back felt so raw until I remembered that I used this the night before! My back literally feels as if several layers of skin have been peeled off! It's so painful just wearing my bra and shirt hurts!
I do NOT recommend this product!

on 11/5/2013 12:27:00 AM

I had mild-moderate acne on my back and after using this on my back everyday for a month I had barely any acne and after 2 months it was completely gone now I only use it every other day or even just once a week and my acne is still gone. I didn't find it dried out my skin at all, I only used it on the areas I had acne. I also used a separate Loofa for the Scrub. I'm so glad my back is clear, I don't have to be self conscious at all now!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've had mild acne on my back and chest since I was a teenager,just using a body wash does not cut it for me. I first tried the Neutrogena body clear wash and that did nothing for me. So I decided to give this a go.
Fast forward 3 years and I'm still using it. I think it works because it exfoliates so you get all that dead skin off and your pores can breathe. It's nice and sudsy too,my skin always feels super soft now that I use this.
That said,in conjunction with this body scrub I also use a toner once I get out of the shower on all my break out areas. I was using Neutrogena acne stress control toner which works well,but I've recently switched to using Braggs apple cider vinegar mixed with green tea and this works WAY better! When I do get the occasional pimple(mainly on my back) once I put the ACV toner on it's pretty much gone by the next day. I highly recommend you use some type of toner afterwards,it really seems to seal the deal!