4.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

Shimma Shimma is a beautifully smooth pearly champagne color that's perfect for highlighting on my NW15 skin. It reminds me of a lighter version of MACs long-gone limited edition, Shore Leave. In the pan, Shimma Shimma appears to have yellowish/peachy tones, which is bad for me. Once applied, though, it morphs into an ethereal neutral that makes a wonderfully subtle, flattering highlight for brow bones and inner corners. It *is* quite shiny, and I can imagine it being easily overdone. It works even on my 53-year-old skin, though, if applied sparingly. I think the secret to success with Shimma Shimma is to apply it sparingly with a good brush, like the Sigma E25, and blend it well. Once applied, Shimma Shimma lasts for hours on my very oily skin, especially over a good primer. At $6 for a refill pan, this is reasonably priced. I like to put it in a Coastal Scents "Go-pod," the purchase of which brings the total price up a bit, but it's still cheaper than MAC, at least as good of quality, and cruelty-free. Makeup Geek has replaced MAC as my "go-to" for eyeshadows. I expect to wear this shade a lot, and I never want to be without it!

About reviewer (847 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

I recently picked up three shadows by Makeup Geek, this being one of them. I like this champagne color as an all over lid shade. It has some shimmer and sparkle but I don't find it to be over done. As much as I like my BH Cosmetics eyeshadows, some of them might be a little too sparkly for my age. I see myself picking more a few more Makeup Geek shadows to try, but this is nice and I would likely repurchase. I also really like the travel sized palette that they sell too, that is what I am keeping my small assortment of shadows in right now. 5 stars.

About reviewer (168 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

3 years ago

Gorgeous inner conner colour, super creamy and pigmented. Can also use on the brow bone if that's your thing.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

Fabulous - great all over lid or on inner corner! Love all Marlena's shadows!!

About reviewer (97 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

4 years ago

Shimma Shimma is a nice neutral champagne shade. I agree that it looks very similar to Stila's kitten. I love the color, it can be used as a highlight or all over shade when I don't want to do a full eye look. I just put on the shimma shimma and mascara. If you're pale, this is a great cheekbone highlight too. I am really impressed with the texture of the makeup geek shadows, they are creamy and smooth and blend wonderfully. I would definitely recommend this just because it is so universally flattering.

About reviewer (927 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

4 years ago

Shimma Shimma was my first makeup geek shadow. It is a great dupe for Stila's cult classic Kitten. I actually like it better however, as it is slightly less frosty, and a bit more neutral. It is much better for those of us that want to avoid too much frost getting into those fine lines. It is just enough shimmer to spice up any look, day or night.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

5 years ago

Probably my favourite out of all the MUG shadows I've tried so far. I have never been a fan of highlighting the inner corners of my eyes as I felt it barely did anything but leave a scatter of sparkle that would sometimes get into my tear duct and cause irritation. This shade has fantastic pigmentation and does not leave me with a small veil of glitter. It also applies beautifully and I experience no issues with longevity. I don't know how to describe the shade apart from being champaign-y and doesn't lean too much towards warm or cool.

About reviewer (169 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

5 years ago

The moment I unpacked them, I removed the label from each of the shadow and applied the magnet on the bottom. On top of the magnet, I reapplied the label. There were no problems with removing the label. I used a flexible magnet. I believe it is 0.6 mm thick - but you can go up to 1 mm of thickness. Those types of magnets are used for sticking pictures on fridges. I saw them on eBay for approx. $10 (internationally) per sheet. It is quite expensive, but you'll get more then 30 shadow stickers from it. It came 2 weeks after I ordered. Shimma Shimma is described as metallic champagne. In pan, it is similar to MAC Bare Minimum. This is pink compared to MAC Nylon. It'll look beautiful as everyday shade, if you dare to wear strong metallic eyeshadows to work. For picture swatches please refer to https://bronzedandelion.wordpress.com/2015/02/12/moondust-cosmopolitan-and-shimma-shimma-eyeshadows-by-makeup-geek/

About reviewer (127 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

5 years ago

LOVVVE. This is definitely my favourite colour out of the 9 shadows I bought. I use it as a highlight for my face and the inner corners of my eyes. I think it's such a subtle pretty shimmer. I like it a lot better than highlighters I've owned in the past--> the mac lustre drops and the benefit watt's up. The formulation on these things are incredible. I need to save up and make another purchase to get her blushes and her new foiled shadows!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

5 years ago

LOOOOVE! I use this for under the brow highlight - it's amazing. It's lovely as an eyeshadow too. It can also be used as a highlight on the cheekbones! It's very buttery and pigmented. Anyone can use this color. Its a little vanilla pinky beige, absolutely gorgeous.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium