Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Shimma Shimma

Eyeshadow - Shimma ShimmaEyeshadow - Shimma ShimmaEyeshadow - Shimma Shimma

4.8

on 10/3/2017 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Shimma Shimma is a beautifully smooth pearly champagne color that's perfect for highlighting on my NW15 skin. It reminds me of a lighter version of MACs long-gone limited edition, Shore Leave.
In the pan, Shimma Shimma appears to have yellowish/peachy tones, which is bad for me. Once applied, though, it morphs into an ethereal neutral that makes a wonderfully subtle, flattering highlight for brow bones and inner corners. It *is* quite shiny, and I can imagine it being easily overdone.
It works even on my 53-year-old skin, though, if applied sparingly.
I think the secret to success with Shimma Shimma is to apply it sparingly with a good brush, like the Sigma E25, and blend it well.
Once applied, Shimma Shimma lasts for hours on my very oily skin, especially over a good primer.
At $6 for a refill pan, this is reasonably priced. I like to put it in a Coastal Scents "Go-pod," the purchase of which brings the total price up a bit, but it's still cheaper than MAC, at least as good of quality, and cruelty-free. Makeup Geek has replaced MAC as my "go-to" for eyeshadows.
I expect to wear this shade a lot, and I never want to be without it!

on 8/6/2017 8:28:00 AM

I recently picked up three shadows by Makeup Geek, this being one of them. I like this champagne color as an all over lid shade. It has some shimmer and sparkle but I don't find it to be over done. As much as I like my BH Cosmetics eyeshadows, some of them might be a little too sparkly for my age.

I see myself picking more a few more Makeup Geek shadows to try, but this is nice and I would likely repurchase. I also really like the travel sized palette that they sell too, that is what I am keeping my small assortment of shadows in right now.

5 stars.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Gorgeous inner conner colour, super creamy and pigmented. Can also use on the brow bone if that's your thing.

on 4/21/2016 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

A nice champagne colour - I find many champagne toned shadows lean too golden, white or pink but this doesn't. It's very pigmented and has a nice sheen to it. Works very well as an inner corner highlight.

Fabulous - great all over lid or on inner corner! Love all Marlena's shadows!!

on 1/22/2016 8:35:00 AM

Shimma Shimma is a nice neutral champagne shade. I agree that it looks very similar to Stila's kitten. I love the color, it can be used as a highlight or all over shade when I don't want to do a full eye look. I just put on the shimma shimma and mascara. If you're pale, this is a great cheekbone highlight too. I am really impressed with the texture of the makeup geek shadows, they are creamy and smooth and blend wonderfully. I would definitely recommend this just because it is so universally flattering.

Shimma Shimma was my first makeup geek shadow. It is a great dupe for Stila's cult classic Kitten. I actually like it better however, as it is slightly less frosty, and a bit more neutral. It is much better for those of us that want to avoid too much frost getting into those fine lines. It is just enough shimmer to spice up any look, day or night.

on 7/18/2015 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Probably my favourite out of all the MUG shadows I've tried so far. I have never been a fan of highlighting the inner corners of my eyes as I felt it barely did anything but leave a scatter of sparkle that would sometimes get into my tear duct and cause irritation. This shade has fantastic pigmentation and does not leave me with a small veil of glitter. It also applies beautifully and I experience no issues with longevity. I don't know how to describe the shade apart from being champaign-y and doesn't lean too much towards warm or cool.

on 2/12/2015 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

The moment I unpacked them, I removed the label from each of the shadow and applied the magnet on the bottom. On top of the magnet, I reapplied the label. There were no problems with removing the label. I used a flexible magnet. I believe it is 0.6 mm thick - but you can go up to 1 mm of thickness. Those types of magnets are used for sticking pictures on fridges. I saw them on eBay for approx. $10 (internationally) per sheet. It is quite expensive, but you'll get more then 30 shadow stickers from it.

It came 2 weeks after I ordered.

Shimma Shimma is described as metallic champagne. In pan, it is similar to MAC Bare Minimum. This is pink compared to MAC Nylon. It'll look beautiful as everyday shade, if you dare to wear strong metallic eyeshadows to work.

For picture swatches please refer to https://bronzedandelion.wordpress.com/2015/02/12/moondust-cosmopolitan-and-shimma-shimma-eyeshadows-by-makeup-geek/

on 2/1/2015 1:45:00 PM

LOVVVE. This is definitely my favourite colour out of the 9 shadows I bought. I use it as a highlight for my face and the inner corners of my eyes. I think it's such a subtle pretty shimmer. I like it a lot better than highlighters I've owned in the past--> the mac lustre drops and the benefit watt's up. The formulation on these things are incredible. I need to save up and make another purchase to get her blushes and her new foiled shadows!