3.7

price range

Reviews

3.0

24 days ago

My hair can be quite oily and I don’t wash it every day, hence the need for dry shampoo. I like this because the color helps disguise my light brown roots and it takes the oiliness out of my hair. Unfortunately, this flakes quite badly and I’ve noticed dozens of small flakes of brown residue on my forehead and cheeks throughout the day, as well as on my desk if I lean over and touch my hair while on the phone. It’s quite unattractive. I’ll finish this bottle as it works for its intended purpose (oil control and root coverage) but I will not repurchase. Surely there is a less flakey product available.

About reviewer (161 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

1.0

5 months ago

I used this for over a year, and noticed my hair in the front where my bangs are were seriously thinning (which is weird for me as I’ve always had crazy thick hair). It got so bad I went to a doc bc it was seriously affecting my self esteem and giving me anxiety. When they asked me what products I use I listed them and said I only used dry shampoo on my bangs and top of my head bc that’s where the oiliness was most obvious, and they told me the dry shampoo most likely blocked the follicles. I did some research after and found a lot of similar stories to mine. I can’t say for sure it was this product but it seems likely so use caution. Months later and I’m still dealing with the repercussions and it seriously sucks

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

1.0

7 months ago

I hate this dry shampoo with every inch of my being. It gives my hair a horrible brittle texture and it smells too strong for my taste, I end up smelling it all day instead of my perfume. But its biggest problem is that it leaves a very heavy coat of powder dirt all over my hair no matter how much I brush afterwards to get it out. And then all day long (or until I can't take it anymore and eventually wash my hair), every time I touch my hair, it leaves a disgusting film on my fingers that need soap to get rid of (water only doesn't work). Also it doesn't even help with the greasiness, it just leaves my hair in a greasy brittle disgusting mess that I can't touch unless I want dirty brown powdery dry fingers.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

a year ago

Batiste is the best dry shampoo I can find. It is easy to blend into the hair. It looks refreshed and clean. It does not leave it sticky or dirty looking and does not leave tons of white residue in my hair. I love Batiste Divine Dark it works the best for my dark hair. I also like the blush scent but this dark shade works the best for my hair color. I also tried the Beautiful Brunette bottle which was too reddish orange for my hair. (Divine Dark is for anyone with shades on the dark hair spectrum — color-treated or natural. From mahogany to chocolate to midnight black. Scent-mild notes of bergamot, white peach, and vanilla bean) (Beautiful Brunette is for -caramel to copper to chestnut (and hello redheads!)

About reviewer (1078 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

from

a year ago

THIS DRY SHAMPOO IS EVERYTHING I WANT! Don't even try those super expensive dry shampoos! This brand surely has something for you that'll meet your needs. It sprays brown on my dark brown hair so that my roots don't appear dull; it adds volume; the oils are kept at bay so my hair looks fresh & clean; and it's adorable! 5/5!

About reviewer (224 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

a year ago

Ce produit est idéal pour les cheveux de couleur foncée! J'utilise ses multiples fois par semaine au lieu de laver mes cheveux. Il aide à ajouter un petit corps aux cheveux. La meilleure partie de cela est qu'il ne laisse pas de résidu blanc dans vos cheveux. (Surtout visible sur les cheveux bruns foncés comme le mien)

About reviewer (69 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

from

a year ago

My favorite dry shampoo! I have dark brown hair and this doesn't give my hair a white cast, really gives me volume and takes care of my oily roots. I used to wash every single day, now I can go 2 to 3 days without washing. It has a strong sprayer, and I need to use in a well ventilated area because the smell is strong, so I just hold my breath when I spray it. This does not leave my hair sticky or stiff, like some other dry shampoos. I always have a bottle on hand.

About reviewer (339 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

This product is great for dark colored hair! I use its multiple times a week in lieu of washing my hair. It helps add a little body to to hair. The best part of this is that it doesn't leave a white residue in your hair. (especially prominent on dark brown hair like mine)

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrown

2 years ago

I use this on my second day hair whenever my roots start looking limp and oily. I don't know what to day about this product, as it doesn't excite me. It does the job it's supposed to, and that's why I've given it 4 stars.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

Don't know why I didn't try this sooner. It is a little pricey ($7/can at Target) but sooo much easier to use if you have dark hair. I don't know of a cheaper dry shampoo for brunettes so this is as good as it gets! I would just make sure to wear a bathrobe or cape over my clothes before using this, and don't use it near anything you don't want to get dirty. The pigment can cause some discoloration.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Cool