Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I asked Clinique for a rec for my dry winter skin and surprisingly they said this product in light. It matches my NC 20 skin exactly. It is thick but I wear a moisturizing sunscreen under it and it blends easily. I still need a concealer but it diffuses red areas and dark hyperpigmentation well. And it doesn't emphasize flakes. Love the tube and that it has SPF 30. This is a winner.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Liking this CC cream. I am comparing it to my other CC by Marcelle which I also like.

This flat tube is far more travel friendly than Marcelle's big square acrylic bottle with a pump. It fits into the carry on liquid allowance easily so this will be my travel CC cream in place of Marcelle.

However it isn't quite as nice feeling as the Marcelle CC, it is a bit thicker in application and in feeling on the skin especially as time wears on. By the end of the day, this becomes a bit drying and feels heavy.

But the skin looks lovely and this maintains its' finish all day long.

I got it in Light Medium which worked out better than Marcelle's Light Medium which was a bit too dark. Neither oxidize during the day, but this is closer to my skin colour which is a NC15 to 20.

I put it on overtop my Olay Complete SPF 30 for sensitive skin, and it went on fine. No pilling or balling up. Coverage is heavier than a BB, and about the same as the Marcelle CC, both being more foundation like than BB cream like.

The squeeze tube means you only use what you need for the coverage you need. it blends out easily, and sheers out fine. It does pool a bit in the pores as does the Marcelle but on me, almost EVERYTHING does that a bit, and this isn't too bad.

It wears all day long and I liked it.

I stopped using it when I bought a Lancome foundation I liked with a nicer finish but I will use this up on days I just want a CC, same as I will the Marcelle. After that, I will probably buy a tube of this for ease of travel but my main foundation is the Lancome Visionnaire.

UPDATED: No I won't rebuy this, simply because the Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude stick cushion foundation is equally easy to travel with, and has a much better finish. I always apply any foundation or CC over sunscreen anyway, because I don't trust the coverage when you have to thin the product out to make it look skin like so I don't care if my stuff has sunscreen or not. I'm done using it, the feel of it by the end of the day is a bit heavy still. Good product though, still think it's worth a 4 star.

on 6/6/2015 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Gives me beautifully even skin, covers well. Also makes me look like I've dipped my face in a bucket of oil. This is definitely not for someone prone to oily skin.

on 12/23/2014 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I've been trying this CC cream about once or twice a week since I got it but it doesn't work for my skin tone or texture. As with most BB & CC's the Clinique CC shade range is somewhat limited. I ended up with the darkest because the shade below was too off to wear. In the store it looked okay and it looks alright if I use a lighter setting powder but I cant wear it alone. This is like a lotion and it dries to a dewy finish with light to medium coverage eventually. It's finally time to admit I don't like this. There may be some skin shades and types it works for and my opinion might have been different if I had a better match. I get the result - sin evening and moisturizing - I expected from this by mixing foundation with my moisturizer.

on 5/6/2014 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Way too thick, did not spread well nor blend in. Gave a very "made up" look. I washed it off right away and threw out the tube. Fortunately I had received it as a free sample.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Very rich, rather thick, but looks good on my skin.

on 3/25/2014 3:13:00 PM

I found this CC cream very hard to blend. I may as well wear foundation as to wear this cream. I am pale so I got the "light" shade and the color is okay but even over moisturized skin I could not spread it quick enough unless using a damp makeup sponge. The reason I give it 2 stars is it does contain sunscreen and it does not cause break outs. I am looking for something easier to apply and that is more moisturizing. I don't like when I see makeup "patches" on my face when I am outside. And I spend a lot of time outside.

on 2/9/2014 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A really nice all-in-one skincare product that is easy to apply and stays on without a mask-like look. I'd repurchase but the color selection is limited and in the cold weather the lightest color is too pasty on my complexion and the next lightest color is too dark. Given the price tag, I'm not willing to buy two different colors and mix them together. There are other products out there that match my complexion for the same price or less

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I really liked this product. It gives light coverage without making my skin feel sticky. It stays on all day and looks natural. I use the product alone - no foundation or sunscreen extras. After I apply it, I wipe my face with a makeup sponge to set it. Will definitely keep using it.

on 7/24/2013 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am not wild about this product. I bought light/medium because it's summer and it is really a medium, too dark for me. I would go a shade lighter. The consistency is not smooth you really have to work to blend it.