Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.6

Why this sux...it has a powdery finish that clings to every single flake and pore. Trying to blend this stuff is a nightmare! Fingers, brushes, sponges -they're all useless. It just kinda smears, looks weird/unblended and immediately clings to flakes/pores. I'd seen a lot of great reviews but this works nothing like they show on YouTube. I've used different moisturizers, primers, tried thinning it out with RCMA clear/oil..nothing makes it blend even remotely easy. The color however is pretty good once you finally get it on and looking somewhat normal. I'm super white so the very light shade was a good match color wise. I'm going to keep this tho and see if it applies better in the humid summer...a nice spf cc cream that dries to a powder would b ideal then so maybe it'll work. Just FYI this to me seems like full coverage. It's not like super thick or opaque but the magic stuff inside color corrects ur skin so it looks full coverage tho it's very light feeling...once u manage to get it blended. The only thing more full coverage than this imo would b Dermacol 208...which is totes opaque. I still say for BB and CC just skip all this junk and just buy Korean cuz they nailed it in BB/CC world!

on 9/8/2017 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted to love this CC cream so much. I saw so many great reviews of it on youtube that I decided myself and went to pick it up. I use almost all of the Clinique's "moisture surge" products and I love them, none of them has ever let me down. But with this CC cream... goooosh!! I've been having a terrible time with my skin lately, but this makes everything worse. It clings to my dry patches, almost no coverage, smells like cheap SPF (which I hate), tacky, wears off, my eyes burn so much (and I don't even apply it around my eyes), and I could almost swear and makes my faces super pink after some hours of wear. At least it hasn't broken my skin, yet. There are better drugstore BBs and CCs. I promise I gave this cream 5 chances in different days and always get the same outcome. I highly recommend you test this with the Clinique's staff and wear ir throughout the day before you purchase it and see how it behaves in your skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I asked Clinique for a rec for my dry winter skin and surprisingly they said this product in light. It matches my NC 20 skin exactly. It is thick but I wear a moisturizing sunscreen under it and it blends easily. I still need a concealer but it diffuses red areas and dark hyperpigmentation well. And it doesn't emphasize flakes. Love the tube and that it has SPF 30. This is a winner.

on 12/21/2016 4:13:00 AM

I got some samples when I bought my 3-step kit and when I ran out of my regular Garnier BB Cream these came in handy. I was pleasantly surprised with this product even though the light medium shade wasn't the exact match for me (NC20) it really looked flawless! Didn't cake or feel uncomfortable after 5-6 hours and there were no creases in sight. Will definitely make this my HG CC/foundation for those casual-natural look days.

on 4/29/2017 2:06:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I went to Belk to purchase my usual Clinique powder and the makeup consultant gave me a sample of this free. The sample came in a pretty generous size able to be used a few times for full application. The consultant matched me to the color "light medium". Whenever I first tried this on I noticed RIGHT AWAY that the color match was AWFULLY WRONG! This was darker than what I would have thought light medium would have looked like. So naturally I didn't like it because, well, the color was way off! Fast forward a couple months and I have been getting in the tanning bed. Since my skin was shades darker I decided to try this product again and see if I could make it work. It absolutely did! The color was PERFECT now and matched me exactly. I was excited! It blurred my imperfections, didn't dry my skin out, looked so natural, and matched my skin perfectly! It definitely has buildable coverage as well and a little bit can go a long way... It has a dewy finish by itself so I put on a powder over it and perfect! I will note however, that if you have oily skin like me (in my t-zone particularly) you may have to add more powder for a touch up to keep the look mattified... No big deal and takes only a few seconds. All in all, I definitely think this is worth trying out... See if you can get a sample and give it a try!

on 8/8/2017 12:16:00 PM

I have combination oily skin and spend my days in an AC controlled indoor environment. This product comes in limited shades. The SPF factor and sheer to light coverage would make this product good for a fast makeup look (e.g., going to the grocery store)

My skin tone is about Mac C3, or Estee Lauder Double Wear 2W0/2W1. I have this product in "Medium" which is dark for me. It has a more pink undertone than yellow so it wasn't a good match at all. The consistency of this product is very thick, making the product difficult to blend out. Using a low-quality or cheap powder (flour-y or not finely milled) with this CC cream could result in a very big cakey mess on your face. It felt like heavy cream sitting on top of my face instead of being "absorbed" in (not light weight at all). I can definitely feel like I am wearing something on my face. Some CC cream can be used alone or underneath a foundation (as it is a color corrector) but it would not be a good idea with this product just because of how thick it is.

I found the best method to apply this product is to use a brush or finger instead of a damp sponge. It smelled a little weird, though not a "bad" smell. I did not feel like it provided me any extra "moisture surge" or "hydration" like the product suggests.

The product did not work for me, and I didn't enjoy it. I would not purchase this again regardless of the price tag.

FYI: The shade names across the globe differs (USA vs. Asia).

on 9/10/2016 8:43:00 PM

loving it. apply easily. look very natural. No need foundation anymore. light coverage only. suits my skin perfectly and the hot temperature of where I live.

on 9/20/2016 11:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know about this CC Cream :| It's really thick and heavy feeling to me. It's a little hard to blend in with your fingers and get a smooth finish, especially if you are a little dry.

It has a nice finish with a bit of a glow, and it's great that it has SPF in it. The colour I had was the fairest I could choose from at my Shoppers Drug Mart, Light. It's a little dark for me, and a little yellow for me too!

After a full day of wearing I'm oily and the coverage will wear down a bit. Overall it's kind of meh to me. I like it when I'm in a rush but I know not to expect perfect skin.

on 7/30/2016 5:58:00 AM

My skin is dry, with blemishes and acne. This product doesn't work well as coverage for the acne or the scars, but it gives my skin a good glowy touch and evens out my skin color. It matches my skin tone well and has a natural touch. After a few hours, it still does not make my skin oily. It's somewhat thick but, not sure whether it's because of my dry skin, I find it hard to blend the cream (I use fingers).

on 9/7/2016 10:05:00 PM

I got this this on a splurge of the moment, and I cant say I'm dissapointed. For reference, i have combo skin leaning torwards dry in the fall/winter very oily in summer/spring. I got this because summer is coming to an end and I knew that my mattifying foundations would no longer have use. I stumbled upon this at a clinque and gave it a try. It was pricey for a cc cream $40 dollars I think. Normally I would NEVER spend that much money on something I hadnt at least looked up first. But anyways, the first time I tried it was after a shower so my skin was dry. I used my handy beautyblender to apply. I squeezed about two pea sized amount of product onto the back of my hand which was the perfect amount to cover my face. When applied it definetly feels hydrating, and water light too. This blended beautifully. However, I did find that it was harder to blend, but not impossible by any means, on some of my really bad dry spots. Though i did forget to moisturize...Either way, at the end of application, my skin tone was even with only a little redness peaking through. I had a nice dewy finish that didnt looke greasy at all. since it was going to be hot that day I set it with a mattifying powder. it held up great, even when my skin got really oily. This will definetly be great for the winter, when my skin is actually dry. But I am really impressed. There are nine shades, but anybody with really fair or really deep skin tones probably wont find a suitable color match. I would reccomend for anybody with dry to slightly oily skin. overall I am very pleased. One thing I did notice is that if you are the person who "dots" the product on their face then blends, which I am, then do it in parts like right cheek then forhead and so on otherwise the product sets a tiny bit making it hard to blend. Totally reccomend though. It held up on my oily skin and did well when my skin was dry too! Love this!