CVS Acne Fighting Moisturizer

3.0

on 5/22/2016 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have bought this a few times to use when I have breakouts, especially when my skin gets oiler during summer months. I've also used the Clean and Clear version that this is modeled after. Both are effective, but the CVS version has a lighter scent and seems to be gentler. My skin feels soft and smooth, and the salicylic acid helps clear up minor breakouts fairly quickly.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this product hoping it would help with breakouts and moisturize my skin. I liked that it didn't contain silicone like the Clean & Clear Brand. I tried it several time and it seemed to make my skin flakey, dry, and contributed to clogged pores instead of fighting it. I will never use this again.

From CVS Website:
Salicylic acid acne medication. Oil-free. Helps prevent & treat acne while moisturizing skin. CVS/pharmacy Acne Fighting Moisturizer is both an effective acne treatment medication and an oil-free moisturizer, providing clear, healthy skin. Effectively fights pimples, while leaving skin soft and hydrated.
Ingredients:
Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diisostearate, Aluminum Starch, Octenylsuccinate, Methyl Gluceth -20, Diacetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Menthyl Lactate, Steareth-20, Steareth-2, Fragrance, Xanthan Gum, Lecithin, Disodium, EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, BHT.