Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Bronzer SPF 30

Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Bronzer SPF 30

4.4

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15.0%, Zinc Oxide 10.0% Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Tricaprylin, Magnesium Silicate, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Normal, Other, Neutral

This is the first bronzer I've ever used, so take it all with a grain of salt!

Unlike the other reviewers, I found that this bronzer had a strong orangey/yellowy tinge on my skin, especially with the included brush which seemed to want to over-apply. It emphasized the little clogged pores/bumps on my skin.

on 5/12/2016 11:14:00 AM

I have never been a fan of bronzer until now. I am pale with neutral leaning towards peach undertones. Every bronzer I had tried before this was too orange, too dark, or packed with glitters. I have this in the shad light bronze, and it is my HG bronzer, for sure. I don't label very many of my products HG, but this is it. This is my second summer using this product. The texture is very creamy feeling for a pressed powder. I love how compressed the powder is, as you don't get powder falling all over the place and just the right amount gets on your brush. I reach for it quite often, as it is has just a healthy beautiful glow without the glittery look. I have large pores and combo skin, so I have to be careful with shimmery looks. I even use this to brighten up my face when I use a foundation that washes me out a bit too much, as my neck is pale and sometimes I like to match my face to my neck when I do flawless looks. I am such a fan of Physicians Formula Airbrushing finish and texture that I also have the translucent face powder and the blush in natural. The face powder is also my HG powder, and if they blush came in more shades, it would be HG as well.

To Read all 17 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This stuff is fantastic! It makes my skin look flawless and airbrushed, so it holds true to its name. I just dust this over my foundation or BB Cream and it just makes me look so much better. There is no fragrance to it that I can notice - granted I can be pretty oblivious to some things - so that is a plus. It didn't cause me to breakout and the colour and wear time is amazing. I have oily skin and this didn't add any excess shine or oil or anything like that. It is a little more expensive for a drugstore bronzer in comparison to some other ones on the market but it is definitely worth every penny! I'm so glad I went out and bought this on a whim when I first saw it. Love the Physicians Formula line and this is just another fantastic product released by them. Hope they never discontinue it! Will definitely be repurchasing but I won't need to for awhile... this stuff lasts forever! :)

I bought this bronzer as a replacement for my NYC sunny bronzer because it gave me tiny headless pimples along my cheekbones. With this bronzer however, it doesn't break me out and gives my cheekbones a nice defining tint. It matches my skin nicely and doesn't look unnatural at all!

on 6/27/2014 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I just bought this today. I got it in the Light Bronzer. I love the blue compact -- has a mirror and a small kabuki brush. The reason for my purchase is that I was recently diagnosed with rosacea and was revamping my whole face routine. I have not let my skin get any sun for years and have purchased bronzers in the past to add summer color to my face. But this stuff is so nice, I tried a little on as blush and I think I have found a good thing! It is also recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation. I am so happy with this stuff!

on 5/23/2014 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I thought at first this would be a matte bronzer and it is more so than the majority of PF bronzers BUT if you need a totally matte bronzer this might not be what you want. My pores are usually so noticible with bronzers so I was on the look out for one that wasn't so shimmery and didn't make my pores look huge. I like it a lot and it's very easy to use. I get enough product on my brush that I usually blow a little off before using. It blends like a dream, no chalkiness at all. I'm pretty fair but I got the darker one because all "light" bronzers never seem to give me the glow I'm looking for. I also went on YouTube to better learn how to apply bronzer and learned a few tips from some beauty gurus on there and the result was a light kiss if color without looking like an Oompa Loompa or flat out dirty. Start with a little and build from there. Great bronzer!!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I like this bronzer. However, slightly disappointed that this isn't matte. When I purchased this, it appeared matte in the store lighting. But once I tried it on, there is slight shimmer in this. Still, a great bronzer. There are two shades: Light Bronze and Bronze. I purchased the shade in Bronze and it works well on my medium toned olive skin. LOVE that this has no orange tones! This bronzer gives such a natural sunkissed color. The texture of this bronzer is smooth and it doesn't appear cakey at all. This layers very well too! Another great feature is that this bronzer doesn't break me out. It does contain oil in it and even though I'm oily, it doesn't make me appear greasy or blotchy. This bronzer lasts all day and stays true to color. Lastly, I love the electric blue packaging. Usually, PF packaging is bulky and cheap looking. But, this bronzer comes in a pretty package.

Update: I knocked two lippies off. Unfortunately, this bronzer isn't the best choice for oily skin with visible pores. Because this bronzer has a very heavy "sheen" effect to it, I notice by the end of the day, this bronzer makes my skin look oily and my pores look big. Back on the market to look for a true matte bronzer that will be better for my skin.

on 1/10/2014 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

In the winter, I have a hard time finding foundations and bronzers that actually match, or look flattering on my face. I actually purchased this in a kit, which had a foundation and blush with it, for nearly the price of the full sized bronzer. Why not, right?!

This, in "light bronzer", is freaking amazing. HG status for winter. I'm super pale, and can look nearly dead without added warmth, this gives me a literal glow. I'm not orange and sparkly, nor do I look more dead because my bronzer is too dark for my complexion. I hate that on its own, it's so expensive -- for me at least. It's worth every penny, though! The packaging is like a lot of their other face powders, but in a pretty blue! There's a mirror and brush included as well. When I hit pan, I will def. repurchase this!

on 9/26/2013 6:54:00 PM

AMAZING BRONZER. Gives a beautiful glow and pick me up. Doesn't come on too strong. Great color. This is definetly my new bronzer.

on 7/29/2013 9:30:00 PM

I've heard good things about the Mineral Wear/Airbrush powders and this has great reviews, so I picked it up at Target today (fair warning: first impression review ahead).

Normally I buy PF bronzers in the lighter shade, as there are almost always two options, but they only had the regular bronzer for sale. I was a little worried it would be too dark for my pale skin, but lately I've had trouble getting much pigmentation from other bronzers I've tried/since I started using a different brush, so I thought, what the hell, maybe it will show up better. I'm liking the color, which DEFINITELY shows up nicely, is a pretty tan shade (not orange!) and looks like a typical summer color. This has a nice finish to it, which isn't sparkly or matte. The powder is good quality, blends nicely and gives an even, all-over color to my face and neck. It is a GREAT added bonus that this is SPF 30! Gotta love built-in sun protection.

I don't use the included brush, which looks like the usual PF brush with half the bristle length cut off, but I do love the packaging of this. It is a good-sized pan and just the usual compact (mirror, brush caddy underneath pan) but I just love the shiny blue metallic plastic of this for some reason! I paid $12.99 for this at Target and I'm pleased with it so far. I will update this review on wearability, etc. after having a little more time to use the bronzer.

Update: I'm bumping this down one lippie because it is somewhat too dark for my fair skin and after a couple hours oxidizes a little. It looks just slightly too pink for my liking. Also it doesn't stay totally even or matte after hours of wear. It's a good bronzer but it's not as good as my #1 PF bronzer, the healthy glow bronze Organics. If I could give this a 3.5 as a score, I would.