RIMMEL Apocalips Lip Lacquer

I bought these lip lacquers from the £1 in the following shades:
Apocaliptic- fuscia pink
Aurora- rose pink
Luna- cool toned peach
Nude eclipse- cool toned beige
Galaxy- deep mauve

Unfortunately these lip lacquers were very disappointing for one main reason and that was that apart from “galaxy” they all had a mouldy smell, I can’t even give them away.

I tried them anyway and they did all feel comfortable on the lips and were relatively easy to apply without the need for liner or a lip brush. They just refused to dry down and the smell was.. not nice..

Watch me give them a whirl in this video:

Just search for Ayish Zone on YouTube x

on 3/17/2018 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I had the shade Celestial. The lip lacquer is very opaque and glossy, therefore it gets all over your teeth. Applies quite patchy. Wouldn't recommend.

on 3/15/2017 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Got this like five years ago but now I've started to recently use it more often after the liquid lipstick craze that's been happening for around one year now. I initially didn't like it since it appeared quite glossy. But staying power is quite decent if I just run errands with the boys and don't eat anything. Comfortable on the lips just like colourpop ultra satin formula. Overall I would repurchase if this wasn't discontinued since colourpop customs is hella expensive to finland.

on 11/25/2015 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in Nude Eclipse. I am a nude lippie junkie. I bought it on sale off ASOS for NZ$10 which is a lot better than the NZ$20+ price you pay in stores here. I am not a fan of the smell/taste when it is freshly applied but once it's 'dried' you can't smell or taste it. I like the packaging, the doe foot applicator is nice and easy to use. When I first applied this I used no lip liner, the colour was very very nude to the point it looked like concealer on my lips and made me look slightly ill as it doesn't have any pink tones to it. I removed that and used a nude pink lip liner all over, then applied this and it looked fantastic! A gorgeous nude semi matte lip! I also tried it with a brown nude liner and same results, looked great. I think this is an awesome nude for every day, lasts a reasonable amount of time and isn't drying on lips at all. I would repurchase more colours.

on 10/28/2015 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this last year or so, after a few Youtubers and Beauty Bloggers were raving about this product. I'm not much of a lipstick person, but I guess i ended up giving into the hype.
I picked up 3 shades: 101 Celestial, Nude Eclipse and Shooting Star.

The colours are quite pigmented, but this product doesn't have great staying power. on top of that it feels sticky like a lipgloss and smells weird.

The colour Nude Eclipse was a complete miss for me. I wanted a nude colour, but this just makes me look like I put concealer on my lips and added a clear lipgloss on top of it.

This product has so many great reviews, but in the end it failed to live up to the hype.
I would not recommend this to anyone. It's a total waste of money.

on 10/28/2015 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have Rimmel Apocalips in Apocalyptic shade. Got it only by chance cause I saw it for £1 on sale and really liked glam box look.

+ I think the wand makes the application really easy compared to many lip-glosses. It is also very pigmented.

- The biggest problem is that it bleeds out into lip lines! Big minus for that. Especially visible with dark colours.

Price is too high considering, that there are cheaper lipsticks that do not bleed out as much.

on 10/20/2015 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

I have this in Meteoric Matte. It is a beautiful pink berry shade packed in a sturdy tube. The The formula is light, velvety and long wearing. It applies evenly with the doe foot applicator but lining the lips is a must with this one - it bleeds. I am on the fence with the scent. It's rather boring but that is not the primary function of the product, right? No big deal. What I really like is that it doesn't dry my lips out.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have the shades Celestial and Apocalyptic- both beautiful and pigmented! My favourite would have to Celestial as it is a pinky nude that I can reach for anytime for any makeup look. This product is great for anyone looking for an easy, no fuss, quick to apply lip product- something you can apply without barely looking at a mirror! It has the pigment and wear of a lipstick but the sheen of a lipgloss, without the stickiness. As this isn't matte, it only lasts for 2-3 hours but it is so easy to touch up. Can be worn on its own or over a lipstick/lip liner. The doe foot applicator makes everything easier. At its affordable price, this product is a must for all makeup lovers!

PROS:
-no fuss application
-comfortable wear
-pigmented colouring
-good colour range to accommodate every skin tone
-not sticky
-affordable

CONS:
-not long lasting

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got these in the matte finish. They last long and leave a bit of a stain, which I dont mind. I love the bright red I have (blanking on the name...) and always feel happy with the way I look with these on

I have 7 of these - 6 normal ones and 1 matte one. First things first, these are incredible. The pigmentation is incredible - way more impressive than a lot of higher end products. They often have some of these at poundland or B&M for 2 and less so even more of a bargain! I have three pinks, two red and two purple. The purple matte one is gorgeous but after 6-7 hours it started to get a little too drying and I have to take if off and reapply. The normal ones last a long time too but are also very transferable meaning if you eat lunch and drink with it on, you'll find yourself reapplying it as the middle of your lips will start to lose the colour. One big disadvantage of these products is that they bleed an awful lot, meaning it spreads onto your foundation - the red ones especially even when using a lip liner. But it's well worth the money and as long as you have a good lip liner it shouldn't be too much of a problem!