NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.3

on 1/12/2017 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Although I never buy cosmetic products in a "tube with a wand" packaging (apart for mascara,obvsly), being a germaphobe that I am, I finally gave in to the Nars. The reason - me being very pale and neutral (around NC10) and them carrying the Chantilly shade. Finally I found a purrfect match that I can use as is, hurraaah! So, shade-wise it is very desaturated - nothing yellow or pink in it (unlike another very fair concealer that I recently swatched by Smashbox which is about as fair as the Chantilly but is yellow-based). And unlike my (still HG) undereye concealer by La Prairie in 1 which is a *very* fair pinkish shade, good for color-correcting the under-eye blue circles but alien anywhere else on my neutral complexion. I guess this is actually the first concealer *ever* that is fair enouph for me and saves me from all the fuss of mixing shades or color-correcting with another product.
    Coverage-wise, the Nars is imo easily buildable to full coverage. Never oxidises, barely (if at all, actually) separates on the oily parts of the face even after long hours. Doesn't accentuate/dehydrate further my dryish cheeks. Doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin *at all*. And doesn't AT ALL make me break out. Goes very well with my powder foundation. A possible downside (not for me, though, as I'm very ok with specific-purpose products, also the Nars lacks the color-correcting shade tinge) is that I do agree with those who say that it doesn't work well for under the eyes - I do find that for my thin and dryish skin there the Nars looks unflatteringly dry. I also love that it doesn't feel silicony/slippery/oily (which is maybe why it is too dry for my under-eye area). So, all in all this is my new HG concealer for blemishes.
    I even feel bad for my Becca Ultimate coverage which is very different in texture to the Nars and in a full-workday-test performs worse than the Nars; but they should have made the Praline shade fairer, so blame's on themselves. I'll now have to figure out how to use it up - maybe in the summer, as imo it runs in-between the Nars Chantilly and Vanilla.
    By the way, the Vanilla being the next shade in the Nars line is SO much darker than Chantilly, like nc15 at best imo.

on 12/16/2016 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Love this concealer and have repurchased several times, works well for both undereyes (usually mix with a more orangey shade in another brand for undereyes) as well as blemishes, good staying power but does transfer a bit if you are touching or rubbing the area (I find it rubs off where my glasses/sunglasses sit as well as on my chin when I'm on the phone a lot at work, etc - which I think is pretty normal). Nice finish and easy to work with - it dries down relatively quickly but not as quickly as something like MAC Prolongwear, you can easily apply this everywhere you want and then blend out without worrying it will dry before you can get to the other side of your face. As with all NARS packaging the rubberised top does get grubby which looks pretty gross after a while but no complaints otherwise about the applicator or tube. I wish this came in a larger format as it even works well as a foundation substitute but is way too expensive to use that way regularly!

on 12/11/2016 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Amazing coverage! I use the color Custard for my NC30 skin tone. It is definitely pricey so if I'm just going out for a couple errands I tend to use it's dupe Maybelline's Fit Me concealer which is a quarter of the price and similar coverage. But for a long day, meeting friends/family, out for dinner, I'll use the NARS concealer!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is a good concealer but like many of Nar's complexion products, its just too off in the shade department. Nars doesn't do neutral skin tones at all. Your either straight up in the yellow category or pink. If your in between forget about it. I chose the shade Amande as it was the closets I was gonna get. Caramel is just too light/ pink and the next shade up was too dark/ red . I like the consistency, finish and staying power but the color range sucks! Even with the new additions it still lacks decent neutral tones especially for darker skins. We are not all red, yellow/ orange!! I have to mix this with Makeup forever's concealer in shade 12 to get this to work. The two paired together looks flawless. All this to say that if you can find a good color match this is a good concealer worth the $29 price tag but not if you have to mix two together.

on 11/22/2016 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

this concealer is so drying under my eyes! no matter how much i moisturise i cant seem to get the product to not settle into my fine lines. price was a bit steep too at $42 aud!

on 10/10/2016 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Definitely a radiant and creamy concealer. I love how opaque this is! Took me years and years to finally try this, I know but that is because I was not into trying new things. This summer I went full out on the flawless base makeup offerings there are in the marketplace. And I have to say I am happy to add this to the rotation! I got it in chestnut and another color. These go on opaque, blend like a dream and set well with powder. I will certainly repurchase. Well done as always, NARS.

So I never actually bought this but got one of the ladies in Space NK to put some on me. I hated it! Radiant and creamy? More like thick and heavy. I left it on to see what it was like in different lighting. A few hours later I looked in the mirror and my undereyes where all crepey! I mean it was all dry and you could see so many lines and I normaly have oily skin issues on my T-zone.

The lighter colours in the range aren't that great either. Chantilly is the palest and leans yellow and Vanilla is darkerer and leans more pink. Vanilla seemed to match my skin colour the best (cool tone leaning a bit neutral, NW20).

Not worth the £22.50 price tag. There's way more concealers out there that do a better job. I've been trying out the Maybelline Fit Me concealer (15 - Fair) recently. It's supposedly a dupe for NARS but bizarrely the Maybelline one is much better! Much more smooth and creamy and never left my skin all crepey and dry.

I sorta feel bad writing a review on a product I never actually bought but just wanted to warn others to definitely try before you buy. It may well work better for you than it did for me.

I am using this with Nars Sheer Glow foundation (love!). I wear the foundation shade medium 1 Punjab as I am on the fair side of medium in the winter with olive/yellow/warm undertones. I wear Stromboli when more tanned. My skin type is on the dry side.

I have this concealer in the shade honey which is quite peachy/salmon toned and it covers my under eye circles like an ABSOLUTE DREAM!!!! I've never had anything work so well. I don't set it either as I'm dry. It doesn't crease on me. I apply it in dots and pat it out gently with a damp beauty blender. I think this technique is best for it as i imagine it's tricky to blend with fingers if you're dry like me. It is PACKED with pigment and thats how it delivers its coverage really so it goes a long way.

If you wear the same foundation shade as me and you want a concealer more for the face rather than under eye I suggest you get the shade custard. If custard isn't working for your under eye definitely try honey. I for one will never look back! Shame it's over £20 really! I'll still repurchase tho! X

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Best concealer I have EVER used!! Doesn't settle into fine lines or look dry, conceals everything including dark circles and blemishes without looking cakey in the slightest. Looks glowy without a hint of shine and there's colours to suit all skin tones. I have this in vanilla to suit my natural fair skin and custard for when I'm tanned. I've been through a few tubes of this and will continue to repurchase, highly recommend to anyone!!

on 9/9/2016 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I would say this is my second favorite concealer - Tarte Shape Tape just made it to my number one spot far surpassing this...I always knew I would find something better out there but until now this concealer had done its job fairly well, it did what I needed it to, I just wasn't convinced that it would be my forever and always! Before finding this I was using MAC pro longwear and was searching for something a bit better - MAC was good, but not great either. It would tend to make my eyes look a bit old.....Anyway, this one definitely has staying power and covers well. My biggest gripe was the coloring, I found vanilla to be way too light and custard to be a bit dark. I like my concealer to be lighter than my foundation but not too many shades lighter like the vanilla was. Custard was more like a perfect match to my foundation (currently nars luminous Santa Fe). I just bought a new bottle of this before buying the Shape Tape, so I will have it for a while as a back up. I may re-purchase in the future but for now I am hooked on the Shape Tape. I do reccommend this product, though, it has to be good keep second place!!!