NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by age: 30-35
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.2

on 11/12/2017 8:16:00 PM

Better than It Bye Bye Under Eye concealer that I own. It's more moisterizing, but sometimes it can be applied excessively because of the brush.

on 11/7/2017 7:40:00 PM

My under eye circles are really bad and I belive Ive tried almost everything out there. Thanks to a girl at Sephora i tried pairing this concealer in Vanilla with a peach corrector fr.o.m. Becca cosmetics and together they work wonders for me. Love this stuff.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Wow. Here I go hating on yet another product that gets rave reviews from almost everyone on the Internet! :( I really wanted to love this product...I really did. However, it made my undereye area look super crepey, regardless of my application technique. I didn't feel right throwing out such a pricey product, so I decided to try it on my jawline and cheeks to cover some old discolorations. Bad idea: it accentuated my pores and broke me out all 3 times I wore it on my face. :( Extremely disappointed.

The only good thing to come out of this concealer: I ended up trying and LOVING Maybelline Fit Me concealer after hearing that it was a dupe for this one! The Maybelline Fit Me is so much more affordable, makes my undereye area look smooth, and I can use it to cover discolorations on the rest of my face without breaking out! What's more, Fit Me shade 120 matches my skintone far better than Nars Radiant Creamy Vanilla.

on 7/18/2017 5:17:00 PM

After using so many concealers I have to say this is still my favourite. I find it is the only thing that covers my dark circles (hereditary - so dark) without drying out my under eye. The texture is creamy and mousse like. It applies smoothly and evenly without any patches or loss in pigmentation. When I use this I apply with applicator and blend with my finger, before smoothing out with a damp sponge. I find this wastes less product and keeps the product on the skin. I then set with a translucent loose powder and sponge. This lasts all day and I never look tired (due to my dark circles) at the end of the day. I also do not need any corrector with this as it has a very slight peach hue. Love it.

If i had to say something negative, it would be the packaging. I generally do not like doe foot applicators as they are unhygienic and dry up the product very easily. Also I find it leaves alot of the product around the edges, for at this price I would like to get to. I tend to run out after only one to two months of every day use and I don't find this to be the case with other concealers. I would much prefer a squeeze tube like the Stila concealer which has a thin pin point tip, allowing for less wastage and precision application.

on 7/9/2017 6:45:00 AM

This is a long overdued review. The Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage was my HG for years before this. I still do love it <3

I have this is Vanilla, skin tone MAC NC25-30.

I use this to cover up acne scars mainly on my chin and redness around my nose. It wears better when my skin is less dry because it could cling on to dry patches. I don't use this for under eyes. I did try this at the beginning, but it caused me to develop milia (!!!) and I find it settles into lines over the course of the day - not flattering...

I find it applies best with a small dense brush. I use the Covergirl eyeshadow brush.

Coverage is pretty good. It does tend to wear off by the end of my work day (8-5), but then again, I have a bad habit of touching bits of my face through the day. Perhaps it'll last longer on others.

Will not repurchase as this tube is lasting me a long time with everyday use. Furthermore NARS has recently released a new Soft Matte Complete Concealer that I'm keen on trying!

on 3/4/2017 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Allow me to issue a single word precursor to open this review: YMMV.

Now that the RCC fan mob has left the room, we can discuss this storied concealer. As we all know, concealers are a multipurpose tool in our cosmetic arsenals. The market for concealers is ablaze right now and I think it would be fair to say that this came about entirely because of YouTube and the 'gurus' we now worship. Whether we should be elevating them to such a lofty position is a whole matter for another time. Despite what you may think of these 'gurus', they have successfully changed the way even homemaker Hannah next door does her makeup. Whether you use concealer to highlighter the high planes of your face or to say sayonara to Patrick, the premenstrual pimple, the many different brands of makeup have worked to release extensive lines of concealers, cream to liquid to light coverage to something that will allow you to create such a perfected base that you will look like a porcelain doll with no distinct features if you should paint them back on (however, that very notion is what I find enjoyable about makeup. I can erase effectively and draw back what I might not even have, like cheekbones).

I really onto delved into makeup seriously within the last five years. When I first purchased RCC, I knew nothing on the highlighting and contouring trend but I was a young mother and had the dark circles to show for it. I do not recall how my skin was back then but it must have paired nicely with RCC because I was very fond of the formulation and I did repurchase it twice (once to replace a custard that I finished and again to try ginger, a shade closer to my skin tone).

Five months after my 30th birthday I moved from hot and humid Alabama, back home to the dry climate of Southern California. I continued using and enjoying RCC. Then I turned 32 and it's like the sands of times sucked the life out of my facial skin. My cheeks burned in response to basic skincare, my eyelids grew irritated and even cracked from the simple act of blending eyeshadow. Attempting to use RCC only resulted in something akin to a crocodile purse smeared in ivory paint. The concealer now highlighted every scaley patch and it actually seemed to dry out my under eyes over the course of a day.

Sure, you can hydrate and moisturizer before application but concealer settles and creases in the lines I have but setting the under eye just emphasized any dryness. It was a losing battle. This is the natural way of the world we live in though, things change and sometimes it's best to move on. I did love it at point but I will not repurchase again.

As much as I love my MAC Studio Finish concealer, I find that it has a tendency to settle into the fine lines and crevices in my eye area - occasionally balling up after powder has been applied. I figured that a liquid would be a better choice, both in texture and in wear.
I had heard that NARS had a decent line of concealers, and I figured I would try it.

It was a little more viscous than I expected, but not overly so. Other than texture, the application was smooth and it was incredibly easy to blend and build coverage as necessary.
It wore well, with minimal creasing and/or travelling on the skin.

I definitely plan on repurchasing if I should happen to run out.

on 2/17/2017 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Me: Dry and sensitive skin prone to redness.

What I like: This was the first concealer that I'd ever used that didn't highlight dryness or flakiness (excluding my undereye area). It's great for covering up general redness or the occasional pimple - leaving a very natural skinlike finish. Its ability to look natural while being a fuller coverage product is quite impressive. It has average wear time on me (fading after around 5 hours) and is not as tenacious as my new favorite for this type of general concealing - the MAC Pro Longwear concealer (I have reviewed this as well).

I am an olive NC20ish and found Custard was an ok match. This product has quite a good shade range for light to medium skin tones now they've added additional shades to the range since I purchased this product. I would buy one shade lighter if I were to repurchase. I also like that this is fragrance free.

What I don't like: While I had hoped this could be a great multipurpose concealer used both on my face and under the eyes, it is much too drying for my under eye area. It gives my undereye a crepe-y appearance. The colour was also too yellow for use on my purple-y dark circles - it gave a grey look. Side note: I am yet to find a great under eye concealer as yet.

I also find that it doesn't wear as well as the MAC PLW concealer as noted above - the MAC does a better job of maintaining coverage of a few broken capillaries that I have on my nose even though they're right where my sunglasses sit. Another annoyance worth noting is that this is marketed as a 'radiant' concealer when it has no radiance to it whatsoever. It's very much a natural matte finish on my drier skin type.

Overall, it's a slightly above average product that I probably won't buy again when there are so many concealers out there and I'd rather try something new. However if you are looking for a fuller coverage concealer that has a skin like finish then this is worth checking out. I would suggest it's more suitable for normal to combination skins.

on 2/8/2017 8:21:00 PM

I was so put off by the price of this concealer even though the EL one I use is only like $3 cheaper.
I got the mini size as a gift. At first I wasn't conpletely wowed, but this turned into my every day concealer and now a staple product for me.

It's amazing for every day use.

This is why:
*At nc15, which I presently am bc it's winter. I can use the shade vanilla to BOTH conceal my undereye and conceal blemishes. No longer do I need two separate concealers bc my undereye concealer highlights my zits and my zit concealer turns my undereyes yellow. Somehow I can use vanilla as a one stop shop.

*perfect amount of coverage. If I want flawless undereyes for days I am better off with ELDW concealer, Mac studio finish in nw20, benefit erase paste or a similar corrector. Nars rcc doesn't leave my undereyes completely flawless but it DOES COVER my grey circles for the most part, doesn't budge all day, doesn't crease, and doesn't pill while im applying it. It just works. It does exactly what I need it to do. No more no less. And im out the door really quickly.

*matte enough to last all day, but I can see where they got the radiant monomer. This really does just look like skin when it is on

So I will continue to buy this although the price sucks.

This is the best concealer for under eye that l've tried so far, all the other concealer that I use settle on my lines thus making it more noticeable but this one does not which is perfect. I use the vanilla shade the only con about this is that it's expensive. I've tried dupes for this but nothing pass. I have yet to try other high end concealer to compare to this one but for now this is the best for dark under eye concealing. Handsdown!