NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

3.3

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

on 2/26/2017 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Overall a nice product. Keeps my face pretty matte for a good while, and even keeps my rather oily nose matte for about 5-6 hours (I have combo skin).
I used it the other day before going to a party, and it lasted from around 1pm till 3am with minimal caking and oiliness. (Disclaimer: I was a little drunk at 3am so it might've looked better through my beergoggles, lol)

The container is quite messy, because you can't "lock" the powder in the inside, like you can with the GOSH Prime'n'set (if you're familiar with the packaging), so you'll most likely get white powder everywhere - so stay away from it if you're wearing a black top.

It's very finely milled in my opinion, especially when compared to the GOSH Prime'n'set which feels kinda heavy on the skin, and isn't suitable for baking, if you ask me.
I haven't tried baking with this product yet though, so I don't know if it's suitable for that.

All in all a nice setting powder, which I'll likely repurchase once I run out of it, if I don't find a better one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I've been searching for a setting powder that doesn't irritate or breakout my skin so I picked this up at Target for $10 because I wanted to go talc-free this time, and this one seemed to have favorable reviews on here.

I was skeptical though, because this stuff only has one ingredient: silica (they have apparently cut out the parabens). I really wish I had followed my instincts cause this stuff does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for me. Like literally, I see no difference whatsoever after i apply it. Even applying loads of it just leaves faint white smudges that rub in and disappear with no discernible effect. I can get the same finish by brushing a clean (makeup free) brush over my face.

Maybe my face is just too oily for this stuff to do anything to it? Or maybe i'm using it wrong? Is there some sort of secret to this stuff? If there is, it eludes me. I really want my $10 back...

on 11/16/2015 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I personally really enjoy this product. I use it to set my foundation. Previously, I was using Rimmel London's Stay Matte powder, but I prefer NYX because it doesn't make me look as cakey. I like that it sets your makeup and provides somewhat of a matte finish, and that it is not as heavy as other powders (which make me cakey). I have oily, acne prone skin and I think this works fabulous with all types of foundation!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't mind this powder it's great for setting lipstick aswell. Pat lips with tissue add powder and then more lipstick - nyx haut melon of course ;o) I have heard you can use corn starch as a translucent setting powder but pure silica works well too.