NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

3.9

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

on 7/11/2016 11:44:00 PM

This is an AWFUL translucent powder. This powder is really uneven on the face and looks HORRENDOUS in photos. It made my concealer crease almost instantly after putting this on. It's very chalky as well. Not worth it! Don't waste your $10 on this product. I'd much rather use loreal true match setting powder, or the maybelline translucent powder.

I was so pleasantly surprised by this powder! I have had a hard time setting my under-eye concealer for a long time and this product has solved my problems! I have been previously finding that my concealer has been gunking up around my tearducts and wearing away throughout the day. Now that I use this powder every day to bake my under-eyes, my concealer stays looking flawless and in place all day! The only downside to this is that I have been noticing that it is a tad bit glittery in certain lighting which I'm not such a fan of. The packaging is standard and can get quite messy but the price makes up for that. It does have a slight sent to it so just be aware of that but otherwise an incredible product!

To Read all 106 Reviews, Login or Join

I was looking for something to replace my used up Primed and Poreless loose powder from Too Faced because it was not in stock on the web-site. I like this much better. I used a kabuki brush to apply. If you use a puff, it is difficult to get the product to go on smoothly. ( It takes a bit of practice to use it with a puff.) Anyway, I felt like Too Faced's product just sat on the top of my skin while this seemed to work better to set my foundation. I wouldn't use it to absorb oil though. The container sucks! The holes are too large and it's easy to spill the product. I recommend using it while sitting down, keeping it right side up and carefully opening it, or just transfer it to a better container.

on 6/9/2016 3:57:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This powder is great for controlling oils but the only ingredient it has is silica, which is a major key to causing lots of flashbacks in photography. I would only recommend using it during the day.

So I bought this product because I needed something to bake with, and before I splurged on the Laura Mercier I wanted to try something more inexpensive. I've read reviews before that this was a great alternative to bake with! This was the worst idea ever.

First of all, it's hard to grab product with the beauty blender, I would dip and dip and nothing would hold onto the sponge. After dipping like a million times, I was finally in the process of baking my face. As the powder set on my face for 10 minutes, my skin automatically felt dry and tight, and I have oily skin so it was the worst feeling to have. And the worst part is trying to dust away the powder. It is the most DIFFICULT thing to do. It's almost like dusting away dried up chalk, and you're left with streaks of white powder. And don't get me started with taking pictures with flash....it was just an overall bad decision.

However, I tried it a second time but not for baking, instead I tried it just as a finishing powder and it did a better job that way but it was still too drying for my face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I've been searching for a setting powder that doesn't irritate or breakout my skin so I picked this up at Target for $10 because I wanted to go talc-free this time, and this one seemed to have favorable reviews on here.

I was skeptical though, because this stuff only has one ingredient: silica (they have apparently cut out the parabens). I really wish I had followed my instincts cause this stuff does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for me. Like literally, I see no difference whatsoever after i apply it. Even applying loads of it just leaves faint white smudges that rub in and disappear with no discernible effect. I can get the same finish by brushing a clean (makeup free) brush over my face.

Maybe my face is just too oily for this stuff to do anything to it? Or maybe i'm using it wrong? Is there some sort of secret to this stuff? If there is, it eludes me. I really want my $10 back...

on 5/5/2016 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Maybe they had a formula change? This powder is horrible. Idk what else to say it's just bad, it doesn't blend it's a very heavy white that just sits on your face, the consistency of literal baking soda.

on 5/1/2016 11:59:00 PM

It feels chalky and it's HORRIBLE WITH FLASH!!! You blend and blend but you can see where you added the powder as a PURE WHITE FLASHBACKS. It's horrible 10/10 DO NOT RECOMMEND

I absolutely adore this setting powder. It's my HG. This silica powder is the perfect consistency and has the power to transform the wear of BB creams and foundations that I need more wear and matteness out of. It's versatile, excellent texture, my sensitive, acne-prone skin is totally non-reactive to it and I just love how it feels and looks. A+!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this finishing powder! I use a little under my eyes to cover concealer and a little on my nose and around it to prevent shine. It lasts all day! I have dry/combination skin and the only place I have shine is on my nose but this prevents it.