Kerastase Initialiste Advanced Hair

Kerastase Initialiste Advanced Hair

4.1

on 4/23/2017 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have gone through multiple bottles. I havent noticed an impact to my hair, but it helps with scalp issues. Last year, my scalp started to get itchy. It's likely due to dry hair/ skin and LA's hard water. This is the only product that has helped alleviate my dry, itchy scalp. It's a bit expensive for that purpose, but I'll keep using it until I find something better.

Me: Fine hair, but a lot of it. Wavy, somewhat frizzy, blonde / color-treated, dry.

Pros:
- Helps with an itchy, dry scalp.
- Doesn't make fine hair appear greasy/oily or weigh it down (I use more than instructed and focus on areas of my scalp that are particularly dry).
- Nice scent. Feels luxe (as it should for the price).
- I like the pipette/dropper as an application method.

Cons:
- I hate the bottle. It does feel expensive, but is frustrating. You cannot see how much product is left. The bottle is heavy, so I can never tell how much is left by weight either. It's also hard to get the last 10% or so of the product. Toward the bottom, I just pour the serum into my hands and then apply, which is wasteful. I do like the pipette/dropper, however.
- It's pricey.
- It doesn't make my hair look any better. It also doesn't replace a leave-in conditioner for me.

Price: $61 for 2.2 fl oz. Keratase sends out coupons if you sign up for their emails and has 20% off with free shipping periodically.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Anytime I stop using this my hair goes to crap. It gives my hair life!

They say the key to healthier hair, is through a healthy scalp, and they are correct! Since using this product 2-3 times a week, for a few months now, on my fine, wavy, medium length hair. I section off my hair in 4 places at the scalp, and pump 4 pumps in the areas, and massage in with my finger tips. I keep repurchasing, because this and the Kerastase line of products actually Transformed my hair like no other brands have! My hair is no longer dry and damaged, and it's amazing that products can actually do this! They are so good, that there is little effort involved!

on 4/12/2016 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I use this product maybe once a week, after using a cleansing shampoo which takes a toll on my scalp. I have been using this product for maybe eight months now.

I LOVE this product! I bought it at a time when I felt very sorry for myself because of a too-busy schedule and I needed to treat myself with something very luxurious, lol. Anyway, I feel that this product helps my scalp to recharge itself and the result from this is very soft, healthy hair. In periods where I have been using a lot of hair products, like dry shampoo, volume powder ++, my scalp gets very itchy and irritated, and using this treatment helps a lot to make my scalp happy again. Sometimes during the winter my husbands scalp gets irritated from using a hat, so I massage this into his head, and he feels this treatment helps him a lot too.

There have been times where my hair looked very dirty after using this, but that was from before when I had a very terrible shower head and my hair never ever got proper clean. Now, with my new shower this product works perfectly for me.

My only con is the bottle, because you have to take the pipette out and into your scalp, you bring back a lot of outside gunk, which I can't believe is that good.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a great splurge and pampering for your hair(roots) it doesnt make hair oily at all just silky soft, i got it only because ive had extensions in and when i took them out i wanted to treat my hair as good as i can , but otherwise im sure you can find cheaper alternatives that does the same thing
Is it worth the money? Yes and No , I would use this only if my hair was extremely damaged.

on 6/6/2016 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

helps to prevent dry scalp

on 10/7/2014 7:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have been using this for about 1 year-- since using, i have noticed that my hair is stronger (I blow dry, color and flat iron regularly) and falls out less

Application is relatively easy, really nice smell--not too strong--also has a calming effect on my sometimes sensitive scalp.

I use about 4 pipettes per use, the bottle lasts about 6 weeks to 2 months depending if I wash my hair a bit more often or not.

A bit pricey, but I will continue to purchase as i have seen very positive results.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

At first this product seemed like a gimmick to me. It claims to be a "Skincare-Inspired Super-Serum" to "Visibly Transform Your Hair in 7 Days." It promises "Strength Shine, Softness and Substance." They key ingredients are Ceramides, Fruit Cell Cultures, Green Tea Extract and Conditioning Agents.

I've used several other scalp serums in the past to help strengthen my hair and help it grow and have had some success. I decided to try Initialiste after I found some impressive before and after picture of people who had used for 30 days.

I am so glad I decided to try it!! I have been using it every time I wash my hair for a few months now. I apply 4 pipettes to wet hair in sections after towel drying, and then massage it into my scalp and run the leftover through the lengths of my hair.

I can definitely see a noticeable improvement in my hair! It has been growing faster and is healthier, shinier and stronger. It smells great too. I will definitely keep using it!

Ingredients: Aqua/Water, Polyquaternium-37, Paraffin Liquidum/Mineral Oil, Amodimethicone, Polysorbate-20, Quaternium-87, Stearyl Alcohol, Menthoxypropanediol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Safflower Glucoside, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Tricedeth-6, Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture Extract, Polyquaternium-11, 2-Oleamido-1, 3-Octadecanediol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Parfum/Fragrance.

on 5/3/2015 11:12:00 PM

I have baby fine texture hair with a medium amount of hair that is STRAIGHT with dry ends and my roots get oily with build up. I constantly struggle with every shampoo giving me build up all the time, and my roots get oily and because my hair is on the thin side and straight. But, I absolutely love this leave in serum, in addition with kerastase elixir ultime shampoo and matching conditioning mask. I have spent thousands on every shampoo in the world trying to find one that works. I have used the cheapest and the most expensive brands. Kerastase was something I tried years ago, but never really thought it was worth the money because it would still give me a slight build up and weigh my hair down no matter which one of them I used. HOWEVER, their elixir ultime shampoo and mask are AMAZING. I know its scary because it says OIL shampoo, but I cant explain it, my hair is shiney and soft and easy to style. I love this stuff. I also use the elixir ultime oil drops leave in and I love it too. In addition with this serum it is amazing!! I love all these products. I just have to rave about it because if you are like me and constantly in search for the right shampoo, I think you may like this line. Also, I use LUSH big sea salt shampoo once a week to remove build up. It is amazing in combination with the kerastase.

on 2/21/2014 2:40:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Okay, it's not that I don't like this product by any means, I really love the smell of it and I think it feels nice on your scalp/hair... but this product is meant to supposedly help your hair grow. I bought this thinking it would help my hair grow out quicker and healthier, how wrong was I! I have been using this product for like four months now, and I have not noticed any difference in my hairs growth speed at all. It still hardly grows at all..
The only thing I absolutely ADORE about this product is the incredible smell. It smells like fresh apples and it is the best scent ever. I feel like the packaging is a little overblown, for the amount of product you actually get, and the price is outrageous! The whole Kerastase line is overpriced in my opinion. I definitely wouldn't buy this again, I really really wanted to like this product and believed it helped with the quality and growth of my hair.. but was extremely disappointed.. too bad. =(