Studio 35 Beauty Blending Sponge (Collagen Infused)

2.5

I was drawn to this product due to the low price and similar look to the real techniques sponge. I had the real techniques one for too long, and it was getting nasty. I didn't want to repurchase a new one because I wasn't too ecstatic about it. When I saw this for a low price at Walgreens, I thought that it wouldn't hurt to try. WRONG. Like other reviewers, I could not get this thing to absorb water, and it was really hard. In addition, it used up way too much product. I found a vegan friendly sponge on amazon that is a few more bucks than this, but I'm going to take the chance because it at least had good reviews.

on 3/21/2015 9:17:00 PM

i love this sponge. i dont understand the bad reviews... I run it under warm flowing water 2-3 time squeezing it to enlargen it. i squeeze the excess water out, roll it gentle in my towel and then use it to dap my foundation on. i have been using a brush and my fingers for years but never again. i also had the huge pore gross caked on look with brushes and my fingers but in the past 10 times I used the sponge I had flawless coverage and I required less foundation as well as had no caking. my skin is fair and super red/blotchy. i use fitme foundation in the lightest color. I already am recommending it to friends. negative is it doesn't seem to dry quickly

To Read all 11 Reviews, Login or Join

Okay, so I wanted to believe that this would work for me despite bad reviews, but it didn't. (I actually bought the wrong beauty blender knock-off and didn't realize it until I left Walgreens). This sponge is way too hard. Like.. so hard I feel like all it did was beat up my face. It's extremely hard to blend makeup with. Kind of feels like putting makeup on with a stone. Seriously. One positive is that the shape of it is nice. It's also easy to grip. The price wasn't bad either. Performance wise it's pretty awful though. Don't waste your $7.

on 3/1/2014 12:42:00 PM

walgreen sponge is worst one ever, Use real techniques sponge that is best.

on 9/29/2013 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Ok so I like this sponge. Yes as others have stated it is harder than the original beauty blender but it works! Do not just mist some fix plus in it and expect it to be soft. U must wet it under running water wring it and repeat. It will expand, soften and blend like a dream! And I use way less foundation when using this sponge rather than a brush.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I had heard a lot of good things about the Beauty Blender sponge, but my budget didn't allow me to pay $20+ for one. So I researched the internet for dupes, and found this at my local Walgreens store.
Should be called "Blending Rock". This thing is super hard, you won't be able to squeeze it even if you dampen it a little. It does not apply product evenly, if you manage to apply anything because it ABSORBS every bit of foundation you put on it. It doesn't serve the purpose of a makeup sponge, and for $6, it's a total ripoff.

on 8/2/2013 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I stopped using sponges for makeup application years ago and switched over to brushes. I decided to try this instead of a real beauty blender because its cheaper and looked easier to hold. I bought this at Walgreens because I had remembered one of my ELF flat top brushes (the one I mainly use for concealer) was on its way out and I was nowhere near a Target and couldnt find anything comparable in the brushes Walgreens offered.

I can see what other reviewers mean about the sponge being hard. I always mist it with a little Fix+ before I use it, but its till harder than normal sponges. It blends out my concealer really well (Prolongwear), but I dont really like the finish it gives my foundation (Studio Sculpt/Lancome 24hr). I do like how it blends out my tinted moisturizer (Tarte).

It cleans well and is cheap, it hasnt totally changed my mind on using sponges instead of brushes, but its good to have around.

on 7/27/2013 8:48:00 PM

I agree with comment about this being super hard. I too did not open to check in store and when I went to use it the first time was extremely disappointed and angry that I didn't check it!! It's so hard to use and blending products is almost impossible. After trying to soak it in water thinking that maybe it would soften with use , I ended up throwing it out. Complete waste of money!!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've been in search for a foundation sponge/brush. As a high school student i don't have money to be splurging on sigma brushes or the actual beauty blender (sadly). Overall, i LOVE this beauty blender sponge. It works great, in my personal opinion it's very soft. It says in the packaging " ...will not absorb too much liquid make-up" so from the get-go it's showing that it will absorb some. I used the rimmel bb cream with this sponge to start with, which is pretty thick, and I haven't had a great time with this bb cream, but when i used it with the sponge it spread it evenly and looked great! ( I tend to use this bb cream as a concealer for the time being because of the shade ) But overall I LOVE this sponge. It's a great doop! And for the price it's great. It does absorb SOME product, but it gets the job done and it does apply liquid/whipped/creams pretty well all over the face. Same with concealer! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Ok. So I work for walgreens and have been eye balling this blender since we got it in. Its fairly new and was on sale and had a coupon plus my employee discount so I had to get it right?! So 2 bucks and some change later I took it home. :)
Used it last night and it really isn't bad! I haven't used a beauty blender or any kind of blender actually so I can't compare it to anything but I think its a neat little tool.
I wet it and squeezed out the excess water so it was damp then dotted some if my clinique even better foundation all over my face and blended it in with the bottom wide part of the sponge. It worked pretty well for covering a large area such as cheeks and whatnot. I attempted to use the pointed part under my eyes and around my nose which was a tad awkward at first. I was paranoid I might accidently poke my eye with the pointy part. I didn't though :D
I also used this to blend my clinique acne solutions concealer which worked amazing! That stuff can be a little cakey but this blender helped it so much! So yeah I'm pretty fond of it right now and just bought a back up! There still on sale so what the hey! It really is worth looking into its like 6 bucks and walgreens lets you return practically anything. So there's not much to lose.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools