Too Faced Boudoir Eyes

Too Faced Boudoir Eyes
Boudoir EyesBoudoir EyesBoudoir Eyes

3.7

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

if you want to achieve a smoky look, i think this palette is good for you
it's on expensive price point
for me it's just so so, but i like the color scheme
and the little mirror on it is quite functional for a quick use

packaging is good, i think it's travel friendly as well

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Absolute HG... In fact, I have put all other eyeshadows away since acquiring this palette. There is no need.

The color combinations are endless and EVERY SINGLE COLOR looks good by itself or combined. It is foolproof.
I use the French Tickler color as a liner and it is THE most pigmented e/s I've EVER owned, and once applied - it DOES.NOT.MOVE.

This is my first ever Too Faced eyeshadow purchase (usually stick to Mac/Lancome/Dior/Chanel) and I am so IMPRESSED with the quality, they glide on like silk and blend seamlessly. I do, at times, have a little bit of fallout but I always make sure to tap the brush before applying to minimize it. I pair this with MAC Angel lipstick & Nars Bimini lipgloss and it is really does give the sexy boudoir makeup look I've been after. I have never received so many compliments in my life on my makeup since I started using this. It just really brings out my brown eyes. I'd imagine this would also look stunning on green eyes.

To say that I love this eyeshadow palette would be an understatement.

on 11/21/2016 12:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Normally I am a Too Faced fan, but this palette disappointed.

What I liked: The shades and packaging are gorgeous, well thought out, and harmonious. Palette has a look that's cute, sexy and flirty.

What I'm on the fence about: With the exception of a couple of shades (French Tickler, Voulez Vous), these are far less pigmented than I expected based upon my other experiences with TF eyeshadows. In a way I would kinda like the lower pigmentation, because that means it should be easy to create soft looks...if only everything else about this palette was ideal.

What I don't like: (A.) poor blendability which makes soft looks difficult to achieve (B.) STEALTH GLITTER. It is clear from photos that French Tickler has glitter. But it came as an unwelcome surprise that several shades in this palette are glitter infused and you don't find out until the shades are on your lid (and cheeks, oh the fallout). When my ten year old daughter saw me, she asked if I had been playing in my UD shadows.

Bottom line: If you like glitter and don't mind working harder than usual to blend, you may want to give this palette a try.

Personally would love to see TF reformulate this palette adding blendability and subtracting glitter from the mix while keeping the beautiful colors the same. But this palette will be returned.

on 2/15/2017 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My newest eye palette pickup, Too Faced Boudoir Eyes. Perfect combination of mattes and shimmers. As someone with hazel eyes, these colors really make the eyes pop but yet are subtle enough for daytime. The combination of pinks, grays and purple are perfect to pull together a smoky eye for evening as well. I def suggest the palette for brown/hazel eyes.

on 3/8/2017 2:33:00 PM

I was looking at pictures right before I wrote this review and noticed how similar this looks to the white chocolate chip palette! I wanted that palette so bad but once I read reviews/saw YT reviews I decided against it. So I guess this might be a better alternative if you want something like that because this is better! The names are kind of silly but ahhh, this is just so beautiful and as silly as it sounds, seems kind of fairy like to me. The shimmery pinks and hazy greys, love it. I don'y use this everyday but if I want a more grey, slightly smoky look for work, i'll grab this and place some sugar walls, lap dance, garter belt or a mix into my crease. I know I used the card it came with once and created a somewhat smoky but day time appropriate look with I think satin sheets on the lid. I definitely see this as a sexy light smoky bedroom eye palette. I haven't used the purple, idk if I will or not because I usually don't use purple and don't see myself using french tickler either but i've used everything else and love it. Worth $36. Easy to blend, nice texture, no fall out. Need to use more, I think you can probably use a heavier hand and make this even darker for night time. I kind of think of VS angels when I see this, too. Anyways love it, glad I have it, worth it and would buy again!

To be honest I really LOVE this palette. I was very hesitant to spend almost $40 for 9 shadows but really Im going to get a TON of use out of this because I LOVE every.single.color. in this palette! Every shade is easy to work with, blends beautifully and has lots of pigmentation. You can go use the premade looks (day, classic, fashion) or mix and match and create your own looks! I love this one! : )

on 9/18/2016 3:59:00 AM

This is my favorite of all of my Too Faced pallettes. You can create several different looks with these colors. I prefer subtle eye makeup, and this product delivers. It's highly pigmented, lasts all day, and stays in place. It's quite ideal for brown eyes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Well I’ll warn you all right now that it’s the day after the election and this product is as disappointing as the election results. Needless to say, please skip this review if you’re aren’t OK with a Negative Nelly taking out her aggressions on an eyeshadow palette. I’ve had my eye on this palette for awhile and I finally decided to pull the trigger because I of a 30% off promo. Even with that discount, I will be sending this one back. The colors are nice but as others reviewers have noted (and yes, I should have paid attention), this is a glitter BOMB. The fallout is insane. After applying this for work at 7 a.m., I immediately looked like I had just walked out of a rave, with most of my face sprinkled with glitter chunks (that are impossible to remove by the way). UGH. I ask the same question of the creators of this palette as I do of half of my country on this national day of mourning: What were you thinking?

on 5/28/2016 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have only used Birthday Suit but I'm very disappointed with the overall texture of this shadow. I used it with a primer but didn't get a very good payoff and I had to apply quite a bit for it to even show up. My skin tone is light and neutral so I expected this shade to be close to my complexion and give me a natural daytime eye look when worn all over the lid. However, I really had to pack the shadow on and I didn't get much in return. While it wore fine all day, I expect this is largely due to the primer. If this is any indication of the quality of these shadows, I'm going to return this palette and exchange it for the Naked 2 palette. I have Naked 3 and love the almost creamy consistency of the shadows and the way there's a huge color payoff and very little fallout. I bought this Boudoir Eyes palette because the majority of the shades looked very nice but I'm sorely disappointed by the quality of the very first shadow I tried. I also used In the Buff, but it's matte and it's really hard to screw up a matte off white. I will try a few of the other shades in this palette before making this review final but I'm no longer expecting them to be great. If Birthday Suit is any indication, this palette is going back. I think there are better palettes on the market and I bought it at Ulta so I don't have to settle and can return it or exchange it for Naked 2. I guess I should have forked over the extra cash and bought Naked 2. Oh well. I'll give a couple of the other shades in this TF palette a go and if I can't make them work, it's going back. I can't recommend it at this point and it's a bit disconcerting to have so many positive reviews when I can't for the life of me figure out what they're seeing that I'm not. I won't use any of the dark shades for anything other than liner and two of the shades are extremely warm and peachy, which won't work for me. But I was hoping that the remaining shades would offer me some interesting options but I'm not sure I even want to keep trying. I really bought this palette for Birthday Suit, which is a color I've been looking for for ages. However, it's really a highlighting shade and not suitable as an all over lid color by itself. It's much too light for my skin tone and therefore doesn't give me any definition. It's been a bitter disappointment. Before making this review final, I'll give a few other shades a shot but I'm not expecting a miraculous payoff. This is the only TF product I've ever purchased and it's really turned me off to the brand.

on 11/9/2016 5:38:00 PM

I love Too Faced palettes but not this one. Hard to blend and pigmentation is awful!