Too Faced Boudoir Eyes

image 1image 2image 3

3.7

on 5/28/2016 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have only used Birthday Suit but I'm very disappointed with the overall texture of this shadow. I used it with a primer but didn't get a very good payoff and I had to apply quite a bit for it to even show up. My skin tone is light and neutral so I expected this shade to be close to my complexion and give me a natural daytime eye look when worn all over the lid. However, I really had to pack the shadow on and I didn't get much in return. While it wore fine all day, I expect this is largely due to the primer. If this is any indication of the quality of these shadows, I'm going to return this palette and exchange it for the Naked 2 palette. I have Naked 3 and love the almost creamy consistency of the shadows and the way there's a huge color payoff and very little fallout. I bought this Boudoir Eyes palette because the majority of the shades looked very nice but I'm sorely disappointed by the quality of the very first shadow I tried. I also used In the Buff, but it's matte and it's really hard to screw up a matte off white. I will try a few of the other shades in this palette before making this review final but I'm no longer expecting them to be great. If Birthday Suit is any indication, this palette is going back. I think there are better palettes on the market and I bought it at Ulta so I don't have to settle and can return it or exchange it for Naked 2. I guess I should have forked over the extra cash and bought Naked 2. Oh well. I'll give a couple of the other shades in this TF palette a go and if I can't make them work, it's going back. I can't recommend it at this point and it's a bit disconcerting to have so many positive reviews when I can't for the life of me figure out what they're seeing that I'm not. I won't use any of the dark shades for anything other than liner and two of the shades are extremely warm and peachy, which won't work for me. But I was hoping that the remaining shades would offer me some interesting options but I'm not sure I even want to keep trying. I really bought this palette for Birthday Suit, which is a color I've been looking for for ages. However, it's really a highlighting shade and not suitable as an all over lid color by itself. It's much too light for my skin tone and therefore doesn't give me any definition. It's been a bitter disappointment. Before making this review final, I'll give a few other shades a shot but I'm not expecting a miraculous payoff. This is the only TF product I've ever purchased and it's really turned me off to the brand.

I didn't enjoy the quality of these shadows sadly.. I am a person who is always drawn to lovely packaging, and too faced definitely so cute and I always fall in love with their product and willing to try out. This palette is no exception and I love the idea of the atmosphere of pretty bedrooms. I swatched it in Sephora and loved the colour payoff and consistency as well, very pigmented, not too buttery but spreadable/blendable, I don't like eyeshadows too buttery because those tend to melt into a same colour at the end of the day on my eyes.. Anyways I thought this is perfect and got it but hate it once I put them on my eyes. These shadows swatched very well on hands but totally chalky and patchy on my lids. I do use primers whenever I put shadows on, and I tried different shadow brushes to make it work but none of them work. It is so dry and hard to blend evenly and I found them fading and doesn't look nice at the end of the day. It takes so long to put them on and look decent. I just don't find the cute and elegant packaging can satisfy me along with such average quality contents. One lippie for the packaging and another for the idea behind these shadows.

To Read all 38 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/13/2016 12:15:00 AM

This eyeshadow palette has a nice range of colors and its easy to travel with!

I saw this palette at Ulta and absolutely fell in love. I love nude colored palettes, but I feel like so many of them are warm toned and this one is all cool tones. It was something different and I couldn't wait to try it out.

Many people are complaining about the pigmentation. I will agree, some of the shades are kinda barely-there. I did take off a lippy because sometimes you have to build the colors up a little. However, I LOVE the subtle and sexy end result! If you love very dark and bold colors, this palette is not going to make you very happy....but if you love the subtle look that blends into your skin tone seamlessly yet enhances your eyes, you will love this.

There is a little fallout with some of the sparkly shades, but it's not drastic and definitely not a deal breaker. I've had worse fallout with my Urban Decay shadows and I still love them as well.

I would definitely repurchase. I have a lot of fun playing with this and I get compliments every time I use it. I also have a black friend who has played with this palette and it looks beautiful on her, so don't shy away just because you have a deeper skin tone.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ever since this palette came out years ago, I was obsessed with it! I wanted it so badly but as I was a college student at the time I resisted getting yet another palette. The packaging is so irresistably cute.. Is it just me?!

The colors appeared to me as there are a lot of lighter more wearable shades and nothing bright or crazy. This is a more cool toned palette which I love since I feel like most palettes are warmer toned now.

Finally after years of lusting after it, I got it using a coupon on HSN. Honestly though I think it's worth full price. The colors are very boudoir eyes appropriate - sultry, sexy and soft.

I was really worried about the quality of these shadows after reading reviews. However I'm really happy with them. They are slightly powdery and I do think since some of the shades are quite close to my medium skin tone (birthday suit, sugar walls), I did have to build up a little. But honestly it was not hard to achieve the look and I could clearly see the gorgeous shadows on my lid even though they were close to my skin tone. There was minimal fall out with the glitter shade Sugar Walls.

I did notice slight creasing with these shadows after wearing them on top of my mac paint pot. I'm yet to try with other bases to see how they perform.

There are 3 matte shades in the palette and the rest are mostly satin with 2 that have slight glitter specs but are gorgeous. The palette leans cool toned and the colors are very soft. Other than the black shade, I don't think you could achieve a dark eye look with the other colors in this set though. Even the purple is not that dark, it's more of a medium cool toned purple with slight shimmer/sheen.

I'm really happy with this palette. The colors are gorgeous on my medium skin (nc 30) and I think they will look even better on lighter skin. It really gives a soft natural eye that's different from the typical warm brown natural eye. This palette offers more Taupey shades which is still neutral but a twist.

Ps I thought lap dance would be similar to satin taupe by Mac but it's not. Lap dance is more silver while satin taupe is more brown.

on 8/5/2015 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have just ordered this pallette and let me tell you I am absolutely in love it is deffo going to be my everyday makeup pallette it's just so beautiful :)!

on 4/6/2015 8:15:00 PM

I had to return this because the pigmentation just wasn't there for me. The darker shades worked well in the crease, but the lighter ones barely showed up for me, even with a good primer.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The colors are pretty in the pan, but on the eyes there is little color payoff. Really disappointed with this palette. The colors are not very pigmented and fade quickly, even with primer. The metal tin packaging is too cute but overall, the value is not there.

on 10/30/2014 7:25:00 AM

I find this palette so easy to wear and pretty. I have brown eyes and fair skin. There are 3 matte shadows and the rest are shimmery or glittery. I find the overall look to be purpley and gray smokey looks. The packaging is the best. In a metal tin with a magnetic closure and a decent mirror. I find myself reaching for this all the time for work and play. With a primer these shadows, last the whole time I am out. You might need a qtip to clean up a few chunks of glitter under you eyes after you put it on but it stays after the initial application.

on 9/9/2014 11:12:00 AM

I love, love, LOVE this eyeshadow palette. First, and most importantly, the pigmentations are great - as always with Too Faced eyeshadow palettes. Second, the colors are absolutely to die for. Every single color is so pretty and they all matches perfectly together (obviously, since it's a palette). The palette is perfect for the winter since the colors are very cool-toned. I also think the colors will be more prominent on fair skin tones (both warm or cold undertones), as someone mentioned below.

The price is really reasonable considering you're getting nine beautiful, high quality eyeshadows that are very wearable. They can easily be used for a more casual, everyday eye makeup as well as for darker evening looks.

I also want to mention that the palette actually do comes with a mirror (I saw that some reviewers said it doesn't) - it's inside the palette behind the paper card-thing with the logo.

Edit:
I tried to create a look with just the shadows in the palette, but failed. I find them too cold to be used alone and I don't feel comfortable without adding a hint of warmth at least in the crease. Also, I think the purple shades are a bit too much, It would have been enough with just one purple tone.