Too Faced Boudoir Eyes

3.6

on 2/15/2017 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My newest eye palette pickup, Too Faced Boudoir Eyes. Perfect combination of mattes and shimmers. As someone with hazel eyes, these colors really make the eyes pop but yet are subtle enough for daytime. The combination of pinks, grays and purple are perfect to pull together a smoky eye for evening as well. I def suggest the palette for brown/hazel eyes.

on 11/21/2016 12:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Normally I am a Too Faced fan, but this palette disappointed.

What I liked: The shades and packaging are gorgeous, well thought out, and harmonious. Palette has a look that's cute, sexy and flirty.

What I'm on the fence about: With the exception of a couple of shades (French Tickler, Voulez Vous), these are far less pigmented than I expected based upon my other experiences with TF eyeshadows. In a way I would kinda like the lower pigmentation, because that means it should be easy to create soft looks...if only everything else about this palette was ideal.

What I don't like: (A.) poor blendability which makes soft looks difficult to achieve (B.) STEALTH GLITTER. It is clear from photos that French Tickler has glitter. But it came as an unwelcome surprise that several shades in this palette are glitter infused and you don't find out until the shades are on your lid (and cheeks, oh the fallout). When my ten year old daughter saw me, she asked if I had been playing in my UD shadows.

Bottom line: If you like glitter and don't mind working harder than usual to blend, you may want to give this palette a try.

Personally would love to see TF reformulate this palette adding blendability and subtracting glitter from the mix while keeping the beautiful colors the same. But this palette will be returned.

on 11/9/2016 5:38:00 PM

I love Too Faced palettes but not this one. Hard to blend and pigmentation is awful!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Well I’ll warn you all right now that it’s the day after the election and this product is as disappointing as the election results. Needless to say, please skip this review if you’re aren’t OK with a Negative Nelly taking out her aggressions on an eyeshadow palette. I’ve had my eye on this palette for awhile and I finally decided to pull the trigger because I of a 30% off promo. Even with that discount, I will be sending this one back. The colors are nice but as others reviewers have noted (and yes, I should have paid attention), this is a glitter BOMB. The fallout is insane. After applying this for work at 7 a.m., I immediately looked like I had just walked out of a rave, with most of my face sprinkled with glitter chunks (that are impossible to remove by the way). UGH. I ask the same question of the creators of this palette as I do of half of my country on this national day of mourning: What were you thinking?

on 9/18/2016 3:59:00 AM

This is my favorite of all of my Too Faced pallettes. You can create several different looks with these colors. I prefer subtle eye makeup, and this product delivers. It's highly pigmented, lasts all day, and stays in place. It's quite ideal for brown eyes.

on 5/28/2016 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have only used Birthday Suit but I'm very disappointed with the overall texture of this shadow. I used it with a primer but didn't get a very good payoff and I had to apply quite a bit for it to even show up. My skin tone is light and neutral so I expected this shade to be close to my complexion and give me a natural daytime eye look when worn all over the lid. However, I really had to pack the shadow on and I didn't get much in return. While it wore fine all day, I expect this is largely due to the primer. If this is any indication of the quality of these shadows, I'm going to return this palette and exchange it for the Naked 2 palette. I have Naked 3 and love the almost creamy consistency of the shadows and the way there's a huge color payoff and very little fallout. I bought this Boudoir Eyes palette because the majority of the shades looked very nice but I'm sorely disappointed by the quality of the very first shadow I tried. I also used In the Buff, but it's matte and it's really hard to screw up a matte off white. I will try a few of the other shades in this palette before making this review final but I'm no longer expecting them to be great. If Birthday Suit is any indication, this palette is going back. I think there are better palettes on the market and I bought it at Ulta so I don't have to settle and can return it or exchange it for Naked 2. I guess I should have forked over the extra cash and bought Naked 2. Oh well. I'll give a couple of the other shades in this TF palette a go and if I can't make them work, it's going back. I can't recommend it at this point and it's a bit disconcerting to have so many positive reviews when I can't for the life of me figure out what they're seeing that I'm not. I won't use any of the dark shades for anything other than liner and two of the shades are extremely warm and peachy, which won't work for me. But I was hoping that the remaining shades would offer me some interesting options but I'm not sure I even want to keep trying. I really bought this palette for Birthday Suit, which is a color I've been looking for for ages. However, it's really a highlighting shade and not suitable as an all over lid color by itself. It's much too light for my skin tone and therefore doesn't give me any definition. It's been a bitter disappointment. Before making this review final, I'll give a few other shades a shot but I'm not expecting a miraculous payoff. This is the only TF product I've ever purchased and it's really turned me off to the brand.

I didn't enjoy the quality of these shadows sadly.. I am a person who is always drawn to lovely packaging, and too faced definitely so cute and I always fall in love with their product and willing to try out. This palette is no exception and I love the idea of the atmosphere of pretty bedrooms. I swatched it in Sephora and loved the colour payoff and consistency as well, very pigmented, not too buttery but spreadable/blendable, I don't like eyeshadows too buttery because those tend to melt into a same colour at the end of the day on my eyes.. Anyways I thought this is perfect and got it but hate it once I put them on my eyes. These shadows swatched very well on hands but totally chalky and patchy on my lids. I do use primers whenever I put shadows on, and I tried different shadow brushes to make it work but none of them work. It is so dry and hard to blend evenly and I found them fading and doesn't look nice at the end of the day. It takes so long to put them on and look decent. I just don't find the cute and elegant packaging can satisfy me along with such average quality contents. One lippie for the packaging and another for the idea behind these shadows.

on 1/13/2016 12:15:00 AM

This eyeshadow palette has a nice range of colors and its easy to travel with!

I saw this palette at Ulta and absolutely fell in love. I love nude colored palettes, but I feel like so many of them are warm toned and this one is all cool tones. It was something different and I couldn't wait to try it out.

Many people are complaining about the pigmentation. I will agree, some of the shades are kinda barely-there. I did take off a lippy because sometimes you have to build the colors up a little. However, I LOVE the subtle and sexy end result! If you love very dark and bold colors, this palette is not going to make you very happy....but if you love the subtle look that blends into your skin tone seamlessly yet enhances your eyes, you will love this.

There is a little fallout with some of the sparkly shades, but it's not drastic and definitely not a deal breaker. I've had worse fallout with my Urban Decay shadows and I still love them as well.

I would definitely repurchase. I have a lot of fun playing with this and I get compliments every time I use it. I also have a black friend who has played with this palette and it looks beautiful on her, so don't shy away just because you have a deeper skin tone.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ever since this palette came out years ago, I was obsessed with it! I wanted it so badly but as I was a college student at the time I resisted getting yet another palette. The packaging is so irresistably cute.. Is it just me?!

The colors appeared to me as there are a lot of lighter more wearable shades and nothing bright or crazy. This is a more cool toned palette which I love since I feel like most palettes are warmer toned now.

Finally after years of lusting after it, I got it using a coupon on HSN. Honestly though I think it's worth full price. The colors are very boudoir eyes appropriate - sultry, sexy and soft.

I was really worried about the quality of these shadows after reading reviews. However I'm really happy with them. They are slightly powdery and I do think since some of the shades are quite close to my medium skin tone (birthday suit, sugar walls), I did have to build up a little. But honestly it was not hard to achieve the look and I could clearly see the gorgeous shadows on my lid even though they were close to my skin tone. There was minimal fall out with the glitter shade Sugar Walls.

I did notice slight creasing with these shadows after wearing them on top of my mac paint pot. I'm yet to try with other bases to see how they perform.

There are 3 matte shades in the palette and the rest are mostly satin with 2 that have slight glitter specs but are gorgeous. The palette leans cool toned and the colors are very soft. Other than the black shade, I don't think you could achieve a dark eye look with the other colors in this set though. Even the purple is not that dark, it's more of a medium cool toned purple with slight shimmer/sheen.

I'm really happy with this palette. The colors are gorgeous on my medium skin (nc 30) and I think they will look even better on lighter skin. It really gives a soft natural eye that's different from the typical warm brown natural eye. This palette offers more Taupey shades which is still neutral but a twist.

Ps I thought lap dance would be similar to satin taupe by Mac but it's not. Lap dance is more silver while satin taupe is more brown.