Too Faced Boudoir Eyes

Boudoir EyesBoudoir EyesBoudoir EyesBoudoir Eyes

3.7

on 1/14/2018 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's a lovely palette, I think the name fits it well, It's perfect to create a "sexy", polished look with. The shadows are nice, blendable, not extremely pigmented but pigmented enough (I don't even want crazy pigment), there's no "dud" shadow. I took a star out because it's really expensive for how small it is. But honestly I love it and it's one of my favorite palettes. I attached a picture with my makeup done with this.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

if you want to achieve a smoky look, i think this palette is good for you
it's on expensive price point
for me it's just so so, but i like the color scheme
and the little mirror on it is quite functional for a quick use

packaging is good, i think it's travel friendly as well

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Absolute HG... In fact, I have put all other eyeshadows away since acquiring this palette. There is no need.

The color combinations are endless and EVERY SINGLE COLOR looks good by itself or combined. It is foolproof.
I use the French Tickler color as a liner and it is THE most pigmented e/s I've EVER owned, and once applied - it DOES.NOT.MOVE.

This is my first ever Too Faced eyeshadow purchase (usually stick to Mac/Lancome/Dior/Chanel) and I am so IMPRESSED with the quality, they glide on like silk and blend seamlessly. I do, at times, have a little bit of fallout but I always make sure to tap the brush before applying to minimize it. I pair this with MAC Angel lipstick & Nars Bimini lipgloss and it is really does give the sexy boudoir makeup look I've been after. I have never received so many compliments in my life on my makeup since I started using this. It just really brings out my brown eyes. I'd imagine this would also look stunning on green eyes.

To say that I love this eyeshadow palette would be an understatement.

on 3/8/2017 2:33:00 PM

I was looking at pictures right before I wrote this review and noticed how similar this looks to the white chocolate chip palette! I wanted that palette so bad but once I read reviews/saw YT reviews I decided against it. So I guess this might be a better alternative if you want something like that because this is better! The names are kind of silly but ahhh, this is just so beautiful and as silly as it sounds, seems kind of fairy like to me. The shimmery pinks and hazy greys, love it. I don'y use this everyday but if I want a more grey, slightly smoky look for work, i'll grab this and place some sugar walls, lap dance, garter belt or a mix into my crease. I know I used the card it came with once and created a somewhat smoky but day time appropriate look with I think satin sheets on the lid. I definitely see this as a sexy light smoky bedroom eye palette. I haven't used the purple, idk if I will or not because I usually don't use purple and don't see myself using french tickler either but i've used everything else and love it. Worth $36. Easy to blend, nice texture, no fall out. Need to use more, I think you can probably use a heavier hand and make this even darker for night time. I kind of think of VS angels when I see this, too. Anyways love it, glad I have it, worth it and would buy again!

To be honest I really LOVE this palette. I was very hesitant to spend almost $40 for 9 shadows but really Im going to get a TON of use out of this because I LOVE every.single.color. in this palette! Every shade is easy to work with, blends beautifully and has lots of pigmentation. You can go use the premade looks (day, classic, fashion) or mix and match and create your own looks! I love this one! : )

on 2/15/2017 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My newest eye palette pickup, Too Faced Boudoir Eyes. Perfect combination of mattes and shimmers. As someone with hazel eyes, these colors really make the eyes pop but yet are subtle enough for daytime. The combination of pinks, grays and purple are perfect to pull together a smoky eye for evening as well. I def suggest the palette for brown/hazel eyes.

on 11/21/2016 12:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Normally I am a Too Faced fan, but this palette disappointed.

What I liked: The shades and packaging are gorgeous, well thought out, and harmonious. Palette has a look that's cute, sexy and flirty.

What I'm on the fence about: With the exception of a couple of shades (French Tickler, Voulez Vous), these are far less pigmented than I expected based upon my other experiences with TF eyeshadows. In a way I would kinda like the lower pigmentation, because that means it should be easy to create soft looks...if only everything else about this palette was ideal.

What I don't like: (A.) poor blendability which makes soft looks difficult to achieve (B.) STEALTH GLITTER. It is clear from photos that French Tickler has glitter. But it came as an unwelcome surprise that several shades in this palette are glitter infused and you don't find out until the shades are on your lid (and cheeks, oh the fallout). When my ten year old daughter saw me, she asked if I had been playing in my UD shadows.

Bottom line: If you like glitter and don't mind working harder than usual to blend, you may want to give this palette a try.

Personally would love to see TF reformulate this palette adding blendability and subtracting glitter from the mix while keeping the beautiful colors the same. But this palette will be returned.

on 11/9/2016 5:38:00 PM

I love Too Faced palettes but not this one. Hard to blend and pigmentation is awful!

on 9/18/2016 3:59:00 AM

This is my favorite of all of my Too Faced pallettes. You can create several different looks with these colors. I prefer subtle eye makeup, and this product delivers. It's highly pigmented, lasts all day, and stays in place. It's quite ideal for brown eyes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Well I’ll warn you all right now that it’s the day after the election and this product is as disappointing as the election results. Needless to say, please skip this review if you’re aren’t OK with a Negative Nelly taking out her aggressions on an eyeshadow palette. I’ve had my eye on this palette for awhile and I finally decided to pull the trigger because I of a 30% off promo. Even with that discount, I will be sending this one back. The colors are nice but as others reviewers have noted (and yes, I should have paid attention), this is a glitter BOMB. The fallout is insane. After applying this for work at 7 a.m., I immediately looked like I had just walked out of a rave, with most of my face sprinkled with glitter chunks (that are impossible to remove by the way). UGH. I ask the same question of the creators of this palette as I do of half of my country on this national day of mourning: What were you thinking?