4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 months ago

This is a really gorgeous brown pencil. I recently got Chestnut to warm up and bring more brown into my lighter glosses and lipsticks. This pencil is so creamy and pigmented and doesn't skip on the lips when being applied. The pencil isn't too soft or too rough. It warms up pinks beautifully and can transform them into gorgeous 90's inspired shades. For reds, this pencil turns the shades more vampy and wine coloured. This is such a versatile pencil. For reference, I have a fair Indian skin tone with yellow undertones and I can pull this pencil off. My friends are darker in skin tone and this looks absolutely amazing on them by helping them to adapt lighter colours and make them more wearable. I would 100% recommend this.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

My new favourite brown lip liner! I pair this with every nude lipstick going, plus reds, light browns.. Basically any lip combo! It's highly pigmented and blends so easily. I've found that I don't have to reapply for hours once it's on. It's perfect for autumn/winter and it'll definitely get a lot of use in other seasons as well. A must-have for WOC :)

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Kinky, Fine

5 years ago

Can I say LOVE? As a darker complected lady, I find it harder to pull off a nude lipstick without hassle, this has facilitated everything - I used to put off this pencil as I thought it was too deep for my NC45/NC50 complexion, but boy was I wrong. This is amazing, with Rimmel Kate in 03, Maybelline Coffee Craze and even MAC Spirit lipstick, Absolute must have in my arsenal.

About reviewer (170 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Coarse

3.0

5 years ago

Um, is it only me that is not crazy about this product? I have 4-5 differnt shades, because i simple wasnt thrilled so i kept trying. But no. I break out on the lip lines (?!?) from theese. They dont last long enough and its too much pigment in most of them. They look cakey when worn outside of the actual lips (when i want to make the lips look bigger i go a little little outside with the pencil). Sadly, i have nothing else to recommend yet thats better than this. I will keep looking though :)

About reviewer (69 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

8 years ago

My favorite lip liner. Works with most colors that I wear. This is one of the few things from MAC that I would repurchase. It is worth the money. Great neutral that any skin tone can wear. I love chestnut lip liner. I'm still on my first stick. The only downpoint is the cap split and I don't know why. I wear with all my neutral colors.

About reviewer (159 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Other, Cool

HairBlack, Curly, Other

from

8 years ago

Unique medium-dark brown liner, which transforms average reds into more interesting, vampish shades. Texture, adherence, blendability and pigment longevity all score highly.

About reviewer (347 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

8 years ago

So, where the hell have I been?! Chestnut's been mentioned in practically every youtube video for lip looks imaginable!! This lip liner is FANTASTIC! It goes on smoothly and doesn't skip and just gives my lips such definition! I'm wearing it with NYC's Extreme Lip Glide in "Downtown Brown" and I can't stop taking peaks of my lips with my little mirror! I just absolutely LOVE this look! I don't know WHAT took me so long - but better late than never, right?!

About reviewer (230 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Dark, Warm

HairBrunette, Relaxed, Medium

9 years ago

gives a natural yet bollywood feel makes your lips defined and big looks great with millani charmer lip gloss

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBlack

9 years ago

There's a reason why every black girl in America owns this pencil. :) It's versatile and works well under almost any color. My favorite combination is the Chestnut pencil with MAC's "Oh Baby" ... Traffic stopping!

About reviewer (73 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Cool

HairBlack, Kinky, Fine

9 years ago

I'm the sorta girl who wears brown lipliner with every shade of lipstick from nudes to reds as I like my lips to be lightly defined. This is a true chocolate brown shade that looks perfect on tan to darker skintones, you only need a light hand to apply this and its blends perfectly into most lipsticks, it glides on smooth with no pulling or tugging and stays put for a good few hours. I don't think I'd repurchase as subculture is my staple brown lipliner but this is defo in second place. I think the price is great value as it barely needs any pressure to apply so there's less need to sharpen it which means it lasts a long time. X

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Olive, Neutral