Maybelline Superstay 24 Hour

Maybelline Superstay 24 Hour

3.1

on 7/30/2016 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Really surprised this isn't getting more love. I have combo skin, with an oily T zone and big pores.

I use this as well as the Maybelline Fit Me foundation (poreless and matte) for days when I don't want to use my expensive, HG foundation - Lancome Idole 24.

I'm shade NC20 Mac, Desert beige 2N1 EL. I find that the 2 Superstay Ivory shades are very pale and too dark. So I mix True Ivory and Ivory to get my perfect shade. 2 pumps of the lighter shade, to 1 pump of the darker one. I have not experienced oxidation.

It has medium coverage, so you need concealer. My pores look smaller. It's not comedogenic. It looks natural, even after setting powder. The coverage lasts for approx 5 hours before it starts to break down and some redness comes through. I start to get T zone oiliness from then also. It comes off easily with make up remover and cleanser.

In terms of the finish: I wore this for a family dinner. I asked my sis and she said I had nice skin and couldn't see the foundation because it looked natural. :) 1 used 3 pumps for the whole face and I used a stippling brush.

I use this for days when I'm out for a few hours and need coverage. Really pleased with the purchase. Definitely recommend.

on 7/29/2016 4:50:00 AM

I've tried a ton of foundations and this is my holy grail! Gives instant coverage without feeling heavy, and you can build it up without it looking cakey. Looks so natural, because the finish is in between dewey and matte. I highly recommend this foundation, it has no flaws in my eyes. (oh except it doesn't have a pump)

To Read all 33 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/10/2016 12:54:00 PM

This is a weird foundation for me to review because I have a love hate relationship with it. I'll tell you why...
This foundation is so cheap and has amazing coverage the colour is nice it's neither too matte nor dewy but I don't know why some days it just doesn't suite my skin, some days it's very cakey and clings to my dry spots (t-zone) and I have used up two bottles and I still can't figure out why this is happening. I use the same applicator every time (a sponge). But for $12 I really do like this foundation it is much better than other drug store foundations I have tried.

Got fhis a week ago in the lightest shade. It has a great coverage and matte finish but oxidizes so fast and i turned a bit orange .

I purchased this after reading reviews it stays on super long, oil free, won't clog pores I believe. I don't think I would say it's a "wow" product for me. It is a thick foundation and in some photos makes me look paler for some reason and cakey. Would not repurchase. Be careful when using as it doesn't have a pump and comes out quickly.

2 years ago this product was my holy grail.
I was so excited to repurchase it, for $30NZD I thought it was a pretty great price.

Until I tried it on, of course....

I don't know if it was the weather or the product itself, but it looked far from flawless.

I put in on using a beauty blender and it looked great with a certain lighting, but as soon as I left my room and looked at my face and it looked extremely heinous and odious. It sat in every little pore on my face, every acne scar. In fact, I even discovered some new ones with the way your product brought them out! By the end of the day, to make matters worse, it looked vile. I just wanted to wipe it off. I felt my sweat making it sticky like old candy. Do you know how gross that is?? I would have rather not had being wearing make up! And that says a lot, coming from me.

It has no smell, easy to apply. Just a shame it didn't live up to its holy grail status the way it used too.

I am not a fan of the color. According to Maybeline, Ivory is Orange... oompa loompa like actually.

It upsets me deeply as for an extra $10 could have got me some chichi foundation. That is a lot of money for someone like me, whom spend a long time saving for this way over-romanticized product .

I feel as though people with oily/combination skin shouldn't purchase this product.

on 8/11/2015 6:13:00 PM

Hugely underrated foundation. I absolutely love this! It stays all day and gives the skin a lovely finish. I would definitely repurchase and recommend highly

on 8/4/2015 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This foundation doesn't get enough credit! This stuff is amazing! I have tried TONS of foundations...expensive and cheap. I work 12-hour shifts, and this stuff holds up like a dream! I have normal-dry skin, and this applied with a damp sponge (I use the RT sponge) is just flawless. My makeup still looks perfect at the end of the day.

The only downside is that I hate foundations in glass bottles without a pump. However, I will definitely be repurchasing this. I highly recommend this foundation to brides as well.

on 7/15/2015 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I don't know the difference between the new and old version. I only see the bottle looks different. The only had this version. I purchased it because I need a foundation with no SPF for photos. I was so happy to find a color that matches my skin almost 98% ( a tiny bit dark)
I purchased Sand Beige. it wasn't too yellow more neutral like my skin. Other foundations I've tried too yellow.
Stayed on for a very long time.
Matte finish. Covered my red dry patches (rosacea) and didn't irritate my skin.
I just wish the bottle had a pump like the new version.

This is a terrible foundation. The coverage is great, but the oxidization is TERRIBLE. I wore it once and by the time I came home my face was completely orange. When you first apply it it looks good, but after a good 30 minutes you end up looking like an Oompa Loompa.