Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel

Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel
Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing GelSoothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel

4.4

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (92%), Alcohol, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, 1,2-hexanediol, Polyglutamic Acid, Betaine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Extract, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Carbomer, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Water, Parfum, Disodium EDTA.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Ive been using a lot of aloe vera products from various brands before but all of them gave me rashes or breaks me out. But this is the only aloe vera that suits my skin and it works wonder to treat my sunburn. Would repurchase this again and again.

on 7/29/2017 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Settle in, this is gonna be a long product rave! I ordered this through iHerb. The total was CA$9.55 (including shipping, and using a first time discount code) and the tub is 300ml, so you get quite a lot for the price.
As the ingredients show, the gel is scented so if you're sensitive to fragrance this might not be for you. I find the smell akin to your typical "after sun aloe" but fresher and without the harsh alcohol fumes. It doesn't linger and it's not overpowering or chemical in my opinion.
I haven't tried this on a sunburn yet (thankfully), but if I need to I plan on putting it in the fridge to make it extra soothing.

I tried to use this straight on my face as a moisturizer but I found that it dries too sticky on it's own. I do have to rave about this mixed with a few drops of The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5. It's my absolute HG moisturizer for the summer right now. Light, absorbs quickly, no sticky residue, doesn't make me shiny and really soothes my raw, irritated skin (healing from some serious hormonal breakouts, thank you Micronor). I can put it over my sunscreen without pilling up as well. I can't get enough of this, and I can seriously slather a lot on and have it all absorb beautifully.

I also use this as a hair mask mixed with egg, yogurt, avocado, etc (not all at once) now and then for a little added moisture on my ends. For use on my body it's wonderful all on it's own. The gel starts to melt as soon as you rub it in a little and sinks in almost immediately after. I can seriously slap this on and run out the door if I need a little bit of moisture in the morning.The tub format of this is slightly annoying, but I use a Q tip or teaspoon to scoop out the product as needed and keep my hands out of it.

Solid 5 lippies for the product despite the jar packaging. I don't want to live without it.

on 7/20/2017 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff for breakouts. I had some really bad and inflamed pimples during my period so I put the jar in the fridge. After the gel got cold I took it out and put some on the inflamed area of my Face. OMG it felt amazing. I also mixed it with some Mizon Snail Gel. This really helped with my acne and brought the inflammation down.I wish it was in a squeeze tube. The jar make scooping it out a little messy.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Skin type: Oily skin Method of Application: Used as 4th step of skincare routine as light moisturiser First Impression: Living near the equator where it's hot and humid, this product was a game-changer. The product was not heavy at all and it absorbed fast after a few light pats on the skin. It also soothed my skin whenever I got a sunburn. After: Although it felt great and soothing when I first applied it, I realised that my skin would feel tight (because it was dry) after about 30 mins especially when I went to air-conditioned areas. This problem could be solved if I apply a thicker lotion/cream above. But I feel like it defeats the purpose of a moisturiser so I don't recommend this product. Verdict: Not recommended as a face moisturiser but can be used to soothe sunburns and as body moisturiser I guess. :)

on 6/23/2017 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I love this moisturizer. the texture is gel like. It gives you moisture without the greasy feeling. It also works well under makeup or layered with sunscreen. Great for summer months especially in a humid weather. the smell is fine.The container is 400ml so you get a whole lot for barely 4/5 dollars.
My only issue is the jar, not the best for hygiene.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The product is sooo sticky& slimy even after rubbing in for a while. I personally feel it is not suitable as a face cream rather than a body cream. It is best reserved in the fridge& use to effectively to calm sunburn. The jar package is not so sanitary. Superb for sunburn but not much of hydrating.

on 6/12/2017 4:13:00 PM

My friend got me this aloe vera gel as a gift while she was on vacation in Taiwan. She described it as a multi-use product, using it as a moisturizer, face mask, and hair mask. While I don't use this on my face or hair, it's an excellent body moisturizer for the summer. It feels sticky upon initial application, but once it dries down that feeling disappears. It feels very cooling and soothing to the touch. It's also great as an after-sun lotion. I've gotten burned on my shoulders and this helped to soothe the redness, and it felt better the next morning.

I apply this very generously and still have tons left, so it's great value for money. One lippie off for the tub packaging (unhygienic and mine doesn't lock properly), I would much prefer a squeeze tube. I'm not sure whether I would repurchase this because there are tons of other aloe vera options out there, but would definitely keep in the lineup.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

This is my SOs HG. He uses it after shaving, and now does not get razor bumps. I usually use this when Ive been out in the sun and my skin feels sore to the touch. Also, if my skin looks down, Ill slather a ton of it before bed and it gives my skin a boost by the morning. Love the smells, its very fresh. It feels more like a gel going on your skin but eventually sinks in.

on 5/24/2017 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really hydrates my skin! I have very oily skin but this doesnt makes me look more shiny. Fast absorb

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I use this every night as a nighttime moisturizer.
It hydrates well and it is easy to rinse off.
It does not contain silicone or wax, so it does not clog my pores.
I usually have clogged pores if I use creams or lotions, so this gel is quite suitable for me.
However, it might not be super hydrating as creams or lotions, but for me, I think, it is good enough.
(I don't use this gel during the day, so I cannot tell if it is too heavy for daytime use or not.)