Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel

Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel
Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing GelSoothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel

4.3

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (92%), Alcohol, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, 1,2-hexanediol, Polyglutamic Acid, Betaine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Extract, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Carbomer, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Water, Parfum, Disodium EDTA.

on 6/29/2018 3:10:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I bought this just in case I got sunburnt after my beach vacay. Luckily no burns. bBut what do I do with this?

It's a huge tub for a small price and I'm using it on my body after my usual body lotion (OPI Avojuice) ran out.

Sticky while applying, then it dries down to nothing. After a few days of using this, my legs got extremely dry and my arms had dry, rough patches.

Switched back to regular lotion (currently on Taylor Swift Enchanted Wonderstruck) and the dry patches are gone.

So yeah, what do I do with the rest of the tub now?

Edit: I was adamant on finishing the product that I transferred into a 50ml bottle for said vacay, and my skin just got drier and drier. I tried it on my thighs which are never dry, and it too became dry (I feel like I'm using the word dry a little too much here) so I spritz on Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Lotion before applying the aloe and the dry patches were gone the next day. I finally finished the 50ml, and gave the remaining 250ml away. I will NEVER purchase anything aloe vera again.

One thing I am religious about is my skin care. My mother ingrained this into me from a young age and i can't thank her enough because at 39yrs old...i have been mistaken for my late 20s and I have flawless skin year round(not trying to sound obnoxious...ALOT of work goes into it) I used to buy whatever Aloe Vera gel was the cheapest. Then I got into DIYc skincare and learned what a quality site Vera gel is and this is it. I've been buying for a few years now on Amazon and at a great price. You will ALWAYS find this in my fridge. It's a shame most people don't comprehend just how many uses and benefits aloe Vera has. It's an ingredient in 98% of my DIY face masks, I found an amazing recipe for an anti-aging/moisturizing Aloe Vera Serum that I've been making for a year and has significant results. This and almond oil make an effective eye serum. I make my own clear brow gel with it and it's a part of other homemade skin care and cosmetic products I make and I'm not kidding when i say that these products work better and produce more results than when i was paying $50-$100 per item from retailer. Not to mention that it's great for soothing burns. I also purchase the Aloe Vera juice used in my haircare routine and DIYS. So, if you're looking to start incorporating aloe Vera into your skin care regime....you want it to be as pure as possible and high quality and this is your answer and it will hardly put a dent in your wallet!

on 6/3/2018 4:25:00 PM

I've been using this aloe vera gel for almost a year now. I first tried it on a whim because it was a souvenir from my bestie who just had a vaca in HK. Apparently it was very big in HK so she decided to bought me one. I did a little internet research on it before applying it on my skin, as my skin is very prone to acne and I don't wanna get any breakouts. After that little research I found that this product can be used in so many different ways: as moisturizer, makeup base (more like to substitute primer), hair and face mask, and so on. I decided to give it a try and wear it as an overnight face mask. Applied a thick layer of the gel on my face, and let it dry and slept with it on. It gave me this cool sensation when applied and since I read some reviews suggesting to store it inside the refrigerator, I did, and it gave me even more soothing and cool effect. It's a bit sticky when you first apply it (maybe because I applied a good amount of it to wear it as a mask), but once dried your skin would feel so smooth to touch and feels like it's back to its baby state. And in the morning I could see it's calmed the inflammation on my acnes and reduced redness on my skin. After using it for around 1 week, I can say that it has helped my skin to diminish acne scars and it doesn't give my skin white or blackheads at all. It doesn't really help my skin to control it's oil production, but it doesn't worsen it either. I'm still using it up to this day and although I kinda feel like it's not as "magical" as it was at first, it still works on moisturizing my skin and making it feel supple and smooth. I'm not sure about using it as my daily moisturizer though, since I sweat very easily and this gel kinda "melts" when in contact with water or sweat. Overall, a great product that suits every skin type and is very affordable.

on 5/13/2018 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Holy shit, this provides more hydration than some $70 creams and hydrating gels from Sephora. This is just pure hydration without stickiness or thickness; you can feel it sink in and any bumpiness and flakiness will be gone. Of course, given that this is mostly water, it will dry quickly and you’ll have to reapply. But, this is such a good amount for the price and nature republic has sales every so often; this is one item I would stock up on especially during hot, dry summers. This feels so cooling all over the body as well. You can really lather this on the skin without it overwhelming it. I wouldn’t say this is good as a mask though because it isn’t as rich, but this is great as a basic moisturizer and it’s so budget friendly at $10

on 3/6/2018 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm on my 3rd tub of this. I have oily/sensitive skin, and during the summer even the lightest moisturizers make my skin more oily. So why put on moisturizer? Well because if I don't my skin will get red and blotchy and do this thing where it's dry, red, and scaly on the surface, but still oily. My skin needed "something, and I stumbled onto this on Amazon. It was only, like, $7 and it got great reviews so I decided to try it.

I've used 3 tubs of this over 2 years, mostly in the summer, because it provides enough moisturizer to keep my skin from getting blotchy and red. I also like the way it feels; it leaves my skin with a slight "tight" feeling once it dries, but it doesn't feel like I'm wearing a mask. It's very light, but moisturizing. I even used it during the winter and mixed in Argan or Red Raspberry oil to increase moisture.

Pros:
- Inexpensive
- Soothing
- Moisturizing
- Mixes well with oils and/or serums
- Pleasant smell

Cons:
- Product collects on the lid and sides. Can get messy.
- It contains alcohol so don't get it in your eyes or on open wounds.

on 1/16/2018 3:39:00 AM

So damn good on my skin! Some people says it makes whiteheads appear to their skin after using it but on my skin.. it makes my skin clearer & more hydrated! Absorbs excesive amount of oils & make my face look fresh & brighter.. i love this very much!

on 1/9/2018 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just an okay product. To my oily skin, it just moisturized my skin a bit. A bit disappointed because I actually have a high expectation towards this Aloe Vera Gel by Nature Republic. Moreover, it does have a strong alcohol scent.

The packaging deserved only one lipstick because it's not very hygienic. However, now Nature Republic has produce other packaging which is in the squeezy tube.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have heard a lot about this product and decided to order it since it was on sale. It's a great product and works well with my skin. The consistency is lightweight and the smell is amazing but aside from that, it didn't really change the condition of my acne. It did, however, help with the inflammation. I still have a whole tub of this since I rarely use it but since it's an all-around product, I can make DIY masks, moisturizers, and balms out of it which is awesome.

I bought this at a very cheap price and it contains soo much product. It's very nice for a light moisturizer that you can put on anytime of the day and before makeup. Not sure what its other effects but it works pretty well for an everyday no fuss moisturizer at a very affordable price.

on 11/20/2017 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

A decent moisturising product with a light gel consistency and nice cooling sensation. It does okay at hydrating/moisturising for me personally, and there was nothing revolutionary about it with regard to scar healing and acne reduction like many reviews seem to extol. I don't know what it is about this product, but the feeling it leaves once it's dried down is smooth, but the appearance of my skin is dewy rather than matte. It's more a byproduct of aloe vera's consistency than proof that it's deeply hydrating. I think the dewiness can be a bit much sometimes, even though this product isn't heavy at all. It just makes your skin shine, sometimes not in a good way. It's kind of nice for adding a dewy effect without too much moisture if you have near flawless skin, but because I have quite noticeable pores in certain areas, it really accentuated the texture. The dewiness also goes away once you apply base makeup over it, because it isn't truly moisturising your skin that much. Another thing is that this product has alcohol and fragrance, which some people might not like in a product marketed to soothe the skin, for obvious reasons. I do still apply this to my skin when there are itches, burns or irritated skin in general on my face/body, and it works nicely.