Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin
BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

3.5

Active: Octinoxate 3; Titanium Dioxide 4.7. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance.

on 9/21/2017 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's a tinted moisturizer. But much coverage as bb creams should. Its also scented...... Have you tried Korean BB creams? There are many to choose from and they protect your skin and it's affordable. I would not purchase this again.

Yay, my HG bb cream! And it was the first one I've ever tried. I used to wear it on its own when I had no pimples. But since I've got some for about 3 months I need more coverage. Revlon Colorstay for oily skin is good but too dry. And this would result in a cakey face. So I mix both of them, 50/50, use some fixing powder and fixing spray and voila, my skin looks good for the day. For difficult areas dark under eyes, pimples) on my face, I use some more of my mixed "BB Foundation" and it's all done. Only downside is that after a full shift I see some shiny parts on my face but it still looks glowy and not like eeeeeewww oily! Shade range is ok, I'm NC15-20 and light is perfect. So, please test the shades before rating this product bad, ok?

on 2/2/2017 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

First, I want to caution that to the best of my ability, I think this is the correct BB cream I have. It seems that the packaging may have changed.

What my tubes says: Garnier, SkinActive 5 in 1 Miracle Skin Perfector in Light/Medium for Oily/Combo skin. BB of course is on the tan tube along with broad spectrum SPF20.

I have acne prone skin in which I use prescription tretinoin cream and clindamycin/benzoyl peroxide. This makes my sensitive skin, even more sensitive at times and right now in the middle of winter, quite dry.

So I may not have been the perfect candidate for this BB cream, however I did not see an option for dry skin. This purchase was made when I was in a rush and desperately needed a decent sunscreen, but I couldn't find my HG in a drug store.

Initially, it really dried me out/accentuated dry spots to an unflattering degree . After cleansing and making the effort to moisturize more before application of the product, I noticed a big improvement. There would still be an emphasis on any dryness, but gently using a washcloth helped take off dead skin that this BB cream will highlight.

Product may have caused slight blemishes, but not many. I've used the product about 3 weeks and that seems to have stopped. This may have been a learning curve, before I made sure to cleanse before application.

I like the texture. Very little smell or it wasn't an offensive odor to me.

The coverage exceeded my expectations. It gives my face a natural looking coverage that's difficult to achieve for so little effort. Just rub it in.... done. You can set it further with powder if you'd like. I like my results with and without powder. Did a great job at evening my skin tone without a "pancake" effect. Doesn't feel heavy at all on my face. Absorbs quickly into face. It dried almost matteish in coverage(not true matte) and became more dewy towards later in the day. I didn't feel it made my skin look greasy, just glowing.

I don't know if this is my HG BB cream, but I'm very intrigued by them now! This one is doing a great job, although for my somewhat dry winter skin, it does occasionally seem to contribute to a degree of irritation. It may be that my prescription creams, along with this BB is just too much of a drying combination for me. However, taking extra measures to moisturize and cleanse before application did noticeably improve the results.

I'm not sure If I'd buy again, so I'm saying yes for now. I do very much like the product, but I feel like I want to try a different kind next time that will be more compatible to my skin type.

How I use my BB cream:
1. Rinse face with water, gentle cleanser like Basis Bar/Cerave. Gently rub washcloth to remove dead skin.
2. Clindamin/BP cream(every other day)
3. Generous dollop of SPF 30 oil-free facial sunscreen
4. Give those products a few minutes to absorb.
5. BB cream, covering partial neck and face. I take care to rub in well with fingertips.
6. Maybe some gentle powder( I make my own with cocoa powder, arrowsroot powder)

on 7/12/2016 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I bought this after reading so many good reviews about this product. Today is my first time wearing it. I was hoping it would keep me matte after my morning commute to/from home/train/work but it's been a couple of hours and I am already an oil slick down my nose. Even though it's light coverage, it's feels heavy on the skin. Also, it wasn't as easy to blend as other BB creams I've tried. With that said, I rather pay a few more dollars for the Body Shop's Vitamin E BB cream. No oil control just like the Garnier but at least it feels light on my skin and not at all heavy/sticky.

on 1/20/2016 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this the other day and loved it! I'm really oily skinned and I don't like to go out without some kind of layer to combat shine/pores/dark circles so I found great reviews for this BB so I figured why not? I put it on my bare face before the gym and it blurred my pores, kept me matte and gave pretty good coverage! It even lasted thru sweating and I didn't look like an oily mess after...it didn't even crease around my eyes which I also have problems with, and I didn't use powder or anything. I used it yesterday again and took a nap with it on and again, no creasing and it didn't even move. I love this stuff, just wish it was darker in color, it's a little light for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this since it came out. I absolutely love it. I used to use heavy foundations, but this actually gives me cover for redness and flaws without being heavy. The original version that is not for oily skin was a little too dark even in the 'light' shade, but when they came out with this version for oily skin in light it was a perfect match for me.

On me it lasts pretty much all day without being drying or settling in pores. I only use a light moisturiser underneath (which I recommend even if you are oily), and a regular pressed powder on top.

My only gripe about it is that it's a little runny and if you don't put the cap back properly it can leak.

I find it lasts quite a long time and I can usually get it on sale when I need it again. Just got a new tube at Boots for around £6. Nice!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have somewhat fair skin, and the lightest shade, light/medium is way to dark. I get around that by mixing it with my white moisturizer. The coverage is much more sheer that way, but this bb cream blends beautifully with my moisturizer (basic olay spf 15). With this method I like that I'm getting a physical sunblock from moisturizer, and also the sunblock in the bb cream. It feels sticky and miserable after as I'm putting it on. The result looks like my skin though, a great "no makeup" way to even out my skin tone. This doesn't settle in my pores.

I've had this for 9 months, and first applied it by itself all over my face in the summer. I have oily skin, and oil broke through pretty fast, and it did not look good. I haven't had this problem in the winter or when I mix it in with my moisturizer. So there is a decent amount of negatives/positives for this bb cream...

Negative:

Poor shade selection
Not long wearing for oily skin
Chemical sunscreen ingredient, Octinoxate, stings my eyes
Physical sunscreen ingredient, titanium dioxide, gives a chalky, non brightening effect

Positive:

Shade selection issue solved by mixing with moisturizer
Good amount of SPF
Does not emphasize pores
Finish very natural, skin like
Covers redness/blemishes

Edit: This is breaking me out! I've been wearing other foundations/bb creams...no breakouts. When I wear this, the next morning I have white heads around my chin/neck/lips. I'm sad because this really does give a natural finish.

Edit: I tried the garnier bb cream with salicylic acid marketed for acne, and I love it so much better! The light/medium shade actually matches my skin tone, and I don't have to water it down w/ my moisturizer. No breakouts! No spf! (I dislike spf, b/c I already where sunscreen)

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Using this on and off since Oct 2015 . Due to adult acne pms breakouts :/ tried it and plan buy in late march whatever run out again . I have it on med/tan shade and quickness drying than set it with powder for t zone areas. I don't use concealer as this takes care if everything for my skin to breathe without feeling like it. Tested during work outs and didn't melt off as long use primer first-round after used it without it did melted off . I take 3-4 min get ready in morning and use 5 things only as this bb cream its one of them . My skin color is sand or beige in others so this was. perfect for my skin color and I look healthier and not pale like other makeup 💄 that does it.

on 9/14/2015 12:23:00 PM

If you are looking for a BB cream that controls shine, is light weight but has a light to medium coverage, this is your match!
I bought it for about $14 in the light/medium tone...it may seem a bit pricey but it is a large tube and since the product itself isn't creamy, its more liquidy, a little bit goes a LOOOOONG way. So you are getting more bang for your buck ;)
I use this BB cream for those "I don't feel like wearing foundation" days. It is very light weight and it can stand on its own or you can use your compact powder if you want to set it and have a bit more coverage. It will last the whole day if you use it alone.
It gives me the right amount of moisture on my dry areas and shine control in my t-zone.
The product absorbs very well and doesn't take long to dry.
Since this is a treatment/makeup, I will say that it has minimized some dark spots on my skin and it hydrates it as well.
I do recommend this as an alternative to using foundation and I will be buying another pretty soon ;)

After using this for a few months, I'm downgrading my review. I still like the matte look, but it's a pain to blend in and can be very streaky if you don't really work it in. The color is still good, and there is tons left in my package so I'm also downgrading the price because it's a good value for how much you get.

I just moved from desert dry Colorado to humid as heck Wisconsin in the middle of the summer. My awesome MAC face and body was just too oily and too short lasting for these current conditions - and I refuse to powder the heck out of my face. I bought this and have been wearing it daily over another sunscreen, and it's heaven. Definitely a full coverage BB, and I have to use even less of this than I do my regular MAC. I also find that I need to apply with a foundation brush, then buff out with a flat top to get a smooth look. I imagine a Beauty Blender would fix this problem, but I don't have one. In the light/medium tone, I get great coverage that still looks like skin in the sunshine, no separation, and no oxidation as the day goes on. I even use this to cover spots on my chest and body to even everything out while still looking fresh. This tube is sooo big that it's probably going to go bad, or I'll get bored with it before I run out.