Nivea Lip Butter

Nivea Lip Butter

4.2

ALL: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Petrolatum, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Butyrosperum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ricinus Communis (Castor) seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almonst) Oil, Water, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, BHT, TItanium Dioxide. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Raspberry Rose Kiss: Red 7. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Caramel Cream Kiss / Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss: Iron Oxides.

on 8/2/2016 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have tried several lip balms/butters, most recently from The Body Shop and Kiehls, and this one by Nivea has surpassed them all in lasting power and 'feel' on my lips. It's also the cheapest lip butter I've ever bought!

I only own the raspberry one. It smells just like a jammy dodger but i actually bought it hoping it would have some tint in it for "no makeup" makeup looks but unfortunately it doesn't.

This does not bother me though as it makes my lips look beautiful enough already. For me it is perfect: it is not too thick and heavy like Vaseline and I feel like my lips actually absorb the moisture - unlike other lip butters I've tried where they just sit heavily on your lips and transfer easily. My lips are left soft and smooth even hours after this lip butter has come off and it does not transfer easily while I am wearing it.

It's also very long lasting. It lasts almost as long as my MAC lipstick - I only have to apply it maximum of twice throughout an entire day. And guess what? It's one twentieth of the price.

My only gripe is that being in a pan it is quite unsanitary and a little bit difficult to get the product out, and it has no SPF (yes, your lips need SPF, too - preferably SPF 15). However, I feel like these two cons aren't enough for me to subtract one lippie, especially as it being in a pan offers me the ability to better control how much product I apply as opposed to other forms.

Would highly recommend - can't wait to try the other flavours! (Or scents, or whatever you call it!)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When these were all the rage a few years ago I purchased them in all 4 varieties that were available at the time. My favorite is the Vanilla & Macadamia Nut but they all smell pretty awesome (I mean... except for the unscented.) My lips aren't in terrible condition to begin with. The only time I ever really use lip balm is underneath lip products that suck moisture out of the lips, or accentuate any little bit of dryness you have. These lip butters work perfectly for that purpose. I also sometimes use a little bit at night before bed so that my lips are soft and taste good ;) . I won't repurchase because I've been using these exclusively since I got them and I want to try something new.

To Read all 314 Reviews, Login or Join

This gives nice moisture but I find that when I put it on it clings to my dry lips and makes me want to chew on my lips because they dead skin is sticking straight out. It also leaves this weird white layer on my lips when I put the tiniest amount of product on, I know better than to put a crap ton of lip butter on my lips because it will do that. I put on just a tiny amount and it just feels gross. I don't particularly like the packaging either, I find that it is unsanitary and I don't really enjoy having to dip my finger in lip products to get them out of the container. These don't live up to the hype I was looking forward to. Sorry to anyone who loves this product but I just really don't like this and most likely won't repurchase.

on 6/15/2016 3:02:00 PM

I have this in the plain and the Vanilla and Macadamia flavours. It smells and feels great on the lips, but this is a terrible product and actually damages your lips! I definitely do not recommend.

It feels nice and balmy, not slippery, and a bit thick when you are wearing it, but it dries my lips out in the medium term after the product wears off. It doesn't just leave my lips feeling dry, it actually gives me chapped, flaky lips and it gets worse the longer you use the product.

I didn't notice this right away since it is not an immediate effect, but it is definitely this product! I would suggest doing a test yourself if you like this product, because I am sure this is happening with others who don't quite realize it yet.

PASS!

on 6/3/2016 6:52:00 PM

Emm not a fan of this product.
Pros: price + Nivea is always on sale ; like the smell of Vanilla & Macadamia but it is a sweet scent so probably not fot everyone
So-so: tin packaging, it's fine for a tin but you know tins are not very outside friendly and even at home I'm just stucking my lips inside of it without touching
Cons: to slimy to put under lipsticks; dries my lips on some days, on another still not hydrating enough; leaves white cast which needs to be bloted
So no repurchase for me here, like my blistex and burt's bees balms much better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

So much hype and whyyyyy? Shiny, thin and slippery unattractive goo that disappears in 30 minutes and leaves my lips MORE dry, chapped and irritated. First 2 ingredients are PETROLEUM based, not natural butters. Then a ton more chemicals I can't bring up in polite conversation. What is the point of this product???

on 6/1/2016 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

A delightfully cushiony lip balm for warmer weathers. I have the one in Raspberry and it feels luxurious on my lips. There is a white cast on it, I admit, but I usually tap off the excess or just leave it on if it's overnight.

In the winter, this isn't as good. In colder months I will use Eucerin's Aquaphor or Smith's Rose Salve. I tend to like the petroleum-based products with more slip and protection when my lips are chapped. This also means I've had more success in balms that come in a tin rather than a tube.

Some balms I've enjoyed: Dr. Hauschka's Lip Balm, Lucas' Papaw Ointment, Carmex

Some balms I haven't: Nuxe Reve de Miel, Jack Black Intense Therapy Balm, eos Smooth Sphere (of any flavor), most Chapsticks, Nivea Lip Care

You can see I've been around the block, and then some. The lip butters from Nivea are wonderful if your tastes align with mine. I enjoy the spice of variety and will try anything someone says is good. In the end, it's only three dollars and if you like the smell of berries, I do recommend this one. : )

on 5/22/2016 10:06:00 PM

This is a good product especially for the price and even better if you catch a sale. I like to use these as a night time treatment for my lips. I use a q-tip to apply to keep it more hygienic. I find these more moisturizing than tube balms. Good value.

on 5/16/2016 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have every one apart from the original one. They're so moisturizing and i think they're really good compared to the price. I am very happy with them, my fave scents are definitely the vanilla and macadamia one and the blueberry blush one.

on 4/18/2016 12:43:00 AM

Very moisturizing. I've tried vanilla and macadamia and raspberry scented ones. I love the vanilla and macadamia, smells so sweet and wonderful. Not too sickly sweet though. I hate the raspberry because it smells so fake and candy like, not in a good way.

Affordable. Moisturizing. However, no longer my favorite because I've found something better, nuxe reve de miel. That one plumps my lips up. This one more often than not leaves my lips looking flat and deflated although very moisturized (sometimes a bit greasy).