Nivea Lip Butter

Nivea Lip Butter

4.2

ALL: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Petrolatum, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Butyrosperum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ricinus Communis (Castor) seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almonst) Oil, Water, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, BHT, TItanium Dioxide. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Raspberry Rose Kiss: Red 7. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Caramel Cream Kiss / Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss: Iron Oxides.

on 5/7/2017 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Cheap. Effective. Love these. Have repurchased mainly because I keep losing track of the various tins. However a single tin probably would last forever. I am NC 30-35, with deeply pigmented lips with a cool undertone. I might be the sole reviewer here that finds the transluscent white cast of RR in particular, flattering. These are petroleum based and do have some shine and a bit of a coating, but they are not sticky. ISmiths rosebud salve and kiehl's seemed closer to Vaseline than this. if I want something more matte, I use Palmers cocoa butter stick (the one that looks like a big blue stick). The scent is artificial but I don' t mind it as it has no taste. I apply at home, so can deal with a pot. Also am happy using these before going to bed. For severe chapping, I sometimes layer with lansinoh 100% lanolin.

Note: in comparison to more expensive balms, I positively hated Nuxe lip balm with honey. The scent irritated my lips and I don't feel moisturized. The only thing I liked about the Nuxe was the matte finish.

I saw a lot of Nivea's lip butter all over the internet. I did not had them in ny country so, recently I travelled to Jakarta and saw Nivea's lip butter at a Drugstore. I needed them that time as my lips were chapped and cracked. I bought the Rasberry Rose and FALL IN LOVE with it. I love, love, love the scent of it and the packaging is so CUTE and compact to put in your purse. I wouldn't have love it for the smell and packaging, I love it for how moisturized and hydrated my lips were in only 1 try. Since I couldn't get them in my country, I bought two more which was Vanilla & Macadamia Nut and Original since that was the only flavor they had. I love all of them. Oh yeah, If you have no problem on having milky lips, i suggest u to purchase the Vanilla & Macadamia Nut but Raspberry Rose gives the best natural colour to my lips and made my lips look beautiful and pinkish. It gives a beautiful colour to my lips. Vanilla & Macadamia nut have a vanilla scent and nutty too. I suggest wearing it before u go to bed to get soft and beautiful lips in the morning.

I rate this product 5/5. From all of that benefits, This product is also VERY VERY AFFORDABLE AND CHEAP !!!!!! Grab it in ur local drugstore to get soft and beautiful lips!!

Kisses, xox

I've only ever used chapsticks before and I was looking for something that would really hydrate my lips; especially during the winter months. I picked the Raspberry Rose one because it was the only "flavor" they had in the store I went to. I am a big fan of Nivea products and thought I'd try it out.

Basically, this is the BEST hydrating lip product I have ever used. I was hesitant on the Raspberry "flavor" but it's very subtle and this lip butter glides on smoothly. A little bit goes a long way as well. I think I've had mine for a few months now and I've used it almost everyday.

I wish the packaging was different though, I feel as it's a bit unsanitary with sticking my fingers in it all the time, but it's not the worst thing.

Also - I put it on after I brush my teeth and my mouth feels super pampered and fresh. You should definitely try it out.

on 4/8/2017 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This review is for Nivea lip butter in "cocoa butter kiss".

I love this stuff! It's moisturizing, smells great, (no taste), and last a long time - several hours without eating or drinking. It leaves a nice soft sheen on your lips that's more shiny than regular lip balm but not quite a glossy as a gloss. It's actually really moisturizing too - curing my chapped lips which is something Vaseline or Smith's Rosebud balm couldn't do! The packaging is a round, flat tin (similar to the travel sized tin of the Nivea cream I so adore) that comes in a .59oz (16.7 g) size. It could very easily fit in a small purse (which I carry) or a pocket. I like pot balms - I prefer them even over stick or squeeze tube balms - and the consistency in the tin is, well, like butter! It has a soft creamy color too so it resembles butter too. It has a soft and creamy consistency with a bit of "bounce" to it so it gives a little under pressure (like butter would) - but not too soft. I could possibly see this melting under heat but I haven't tested or experienced this yet. For you vegans out there, I believe it IS actually vegan! There is definitely no beeswax in here but I will include ingredients down below to be sure. For those of you who mentioned it doesn't have SPF... I actually think it does. Titanium dioxide IS a sun protectant and it is listed in the ingredients - but perhaps it's not in a high enough concentration to make a difference. I did want to throw that out there though... Love this stuff!
$2.99 USD at Ulta.

Ingredients:
Petrolatum, Polyglceryl-3, Diisosterate, Butyrospermum Parkii Shea Butter, Rinincus Communis Castor Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Sweet Almond Oil, Theobroma Cacao Cocoa Seed Butter, Water, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, Bht Flavor, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Yellow 6 Lake. .

I love this stuff! I had it in the raspberry scent first for a while, and I found that the best way to use this is to take some with a lipbrush, spread it evenly over your lips, and then take like a minute or 2 and dab it into your lips. I find that when I do this it really helps this sink in and my lips look and feel so much more plump, I do that with all chapsticks but with this it works exceptionally well. If you found this too thick or like it didn't sink in, just try dabbing it in for a couple of minutes!

on 8/2/2016 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have tried several lip balms/butters, most recently from The Body Shop and Kiehls, and this one by Nivea has surpassed them all in lasting power and 'feel' on my lips. It's also the cheapest lip butter I've ever bought!

I only own the raspberry one. It smells just like a jammy dodger but i actually bought it hoping it would have some tint in it for "no makeup" makeup looks but unfortunately it doesn't.

This does not bother me though as it makes my lips look beautiful enough already. For me it is perfect: it is not too thick and heavy like Vaseline and I feel like my lips actually absorb the moisture - unlike other lip butters I've tried where they just sit heavily on your lips and transfer easily. My lips are left soft and smooth even hours after this lip butter has come off and it does not transfer easily while I am wearing it.

It's also very long lasting. It lasts almost as long as my MAC lipstick - I only have to apply it maximum of twice throughout an entire day. And guess what? It's one twentieth of the price.

My only gripe is that being in a pan it is quite unsanitary and a little bit difficult to get the product out, and it has no SPF (yes, your lips need SPF, too - preferably SPF 15). However, I feel like these two cons aren't enough for me to subtract one lippie, especially as it being in a pan offers me the ability to better control how much product I apply as opposed to other forms.

Would highly recommend - can't wait to try the other flavours! (Or scents, or whatever you call it!)

on 6/15/2016 3:02:00 PM

I have this in the plain and the Vanilla and Macadamia flavours. It smells and feels great on the lips, but this is a terrible product and actually damages your lips! I definitely do not recommend.

It feels nice and balmy, not slippery, and a bit thick when you are wearing it, but it dries my lips out in the medium term after the product wears off. It doesn't just leave my lips feeling dry, it actually gives me chapped, flaky lips and it gets worse the longer you use the product.

I didn't notice this right away since it is not an immediate effect, but it is definitely this product! I would suggest doing a test yourself if you like this product, because I am sure this is happening with others who don't quite realize it yet.

PASS!

Emm not a fan of this product.
Pros: price + Nivea is always on sale ; like the smell of Vanilla & Macadamia but it is a sweet scent so probably not fot everyone
So-so: tin packaging, it's fine for a tin but you know tins are not very outside friendly and even at home I'm just stucking my lips inside of it without touching
Cons: to slimy to put under lipsticks; dries my lips on some days, on another still not hydrating enough; leaves white cast which needs to be bloted
So no repurchase for me here, like my blistex and burt's bees balms much better.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When these were all the rage a few years ago I purchased them in all 4 varieties that were available at the time. My favorite is the Vanilla & Macadamia Nut but they all smell pretty awesome (I mean... except for the unscented.) My lips aren't in terrible condition to begin with. The only time I ever really use lip balm is underneath lip products that suck moisture out of the lips, or accentuate any little bit of dryness you have. These lip butters work perfectly for that purpose. I also sometimes use a little bit at night before bed so that my lips are soft and taste good ;) . I won't repurchase because I've been using these exclusively since I got them and I want to try something new.

This gives nice moisture but I find that when I put it on it clings to my dry lips and makes me want to chew on my lips because they dead skin is sticking straight out. It also leaves this weird white layer on my lips when I put the tiniest amount of product on, I know better than to put a crap ton of lip butter on my lips because it will do that. I put on just a tiny amount and it just feels gross. I don't particularly like the packaging either, I find that it is unsanitary and I don't really enjoy having to dip my finger in lip products to get them out of the container. These don't live up to the hype I was looking forward to. Sorry to anyone who loves this product but I just really don't like this and most likely won't repurchase.