CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

4.3

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, ( /-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I had a large sample size of this mascara. The brush is shaped like a spiked cudgel from GOT. I think the mascara is ok but not better than other mascaras that I have been using for awhile. It's a wet mascara that goes on with some minor clumps but does lead to volumized lashes after a couple of coats. It lasts well through a normal day and removes fairly easy. I just don't think it is better that my EL mascara or PTR lashes to die for which is $17 on Amazon.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm surprised that so many people like this mascara.

Pros:
- extra thick very black voluminous lashes.

Cons:
- the formula is very wet, that results in spikey lashes with mascara clumps;
- the brush is not designed to separate the lashes, it puts them all together and makes it impossible to reduce the amount of clumps;
- it smudges;
- it's a nightmare to take it off, even with a waterproof mascara remover.

Not for me.

While the product is more wet than most, after learning careful application this has easily become my 'unicorn'.
The pigment is very black, there is minimal transfer, even after being face down in the chiropractors office, and comes off entirely without any fuss (no panda eyes).
My lashes are super dark, evenly fanned out, no clumping/spideriness, and make my eyes pop like nothing else.
It's pricey yes, and that sleek black tube with the double c's, it's a pleasure to work with and reach for in my makeup bag.
Bless you Coco, it's worth every penny :)

on 10/13/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It must be me, but I do not like it AT ALL. I bought it several times (how stupid can one be) because of the positive reviews and the charming Chanel sales ladies who kept convincing me that this is THE mascara. To be honest, most of these ladies were wearing the mascara as kind of promo, but none of them looked good with it. One customer dared to say: I am sorry, but your lashes look awful, I do not see any reason for buying when looking at you. Hilarious but o so true!

on 9/28/2017 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I received a small sample of this mascara, so I don't know if it's different from the full size version, but I didn't like it much. It did make my lashes thicker, but seemed to weight them down and they lost most of their curl immediately... The top of my lashes had thinned out and gotten thicker again, so I had to run a dry wand over to even them out. I wouldn't buy this, but maybe the sample version, being so much smaller made it go on differently.

I cannot begin to tell you how great this mascara is for small, thin lashes. I have tried most everything from Dior and Lancome, to Mac and many others. Chanel is in another league...really. Im hoping to marry this mascara, that is how much I love it.

HG mascara. It takes 2 min to get the perfect volumized, dramatic lashes with this mascara. I stays put and doesnt flake. Absolutely worth the $$.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Although quite picky about most of the makeup i use, I thought drug store mascara was one item that I could get buy with using without spending a lot of money. THIS mascara changed my mind...one use and i understood what the fuss was about.

This mascara thickens, lengthens and doesn't flake, smudge or smear at all no matter how long i wear and it's not hard to remove. Le Volume gives me beautiful thick, long and perfectly fanned out lashes without clumping. I have never used any other mascara that was this dramatic and intense shade of black as far as color but in a very flattering way, not harsh at all. While it is pricey, I don't hesitate to purchase because of how well this preforms. I know this product will do what it promises and then some and never let's me down.

I do agree with some of the other reviews as far as being a little more runny than i prefer when i purchase a new tube, but after a week or so of use it's perfect. Love this mascara, will continue to use without a doubt!!

on 7/22/2016 10:06:00 PM

This is one of my all time favorite mascaras when it works. The formula is wet and you do have to wait a minute between coats but its worth it. It gives a huge amount of thickness and holds a curl all day. No flaking or smudging unless you come in contact with water. Easy to get off at night as well. I just wish it gave more length. Overall if you want a false lash look this will give it to you.

on 4/20/2016 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried many, many mascara on a quest for the perfect one. I've tried drugstore and high-end brands. There are remarkable L'Oreal mascara, especially voluminous with collagen, but none I've found is as wonderful as Chanel.

Le Volume de Chanel is spendy. If you're like me and really don't wear much makeup other than sunscreen/primer and finishing powder, it's fine to splurge on nice mascara. I also use the Chanel eyelash primer. I find that using the primer and letting it dry fully before applying the mascara works best if you want a full, fanned out lash line rather separated lashes. Once the primer dries, it only takes one or two swipes of mascara to acheive lucious yet natural lashes that last all day. It also is easy to remove with a gentle cleanser such as Cetaphil.There is absolutely no fragrance and no eye irritation.