CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

Filtered by age: 36-43
CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

4.3

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, ( /-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A friend who works at Chanel gave me a couple sample size tubes of this mascara and it really is lovely. After using it just long enough for the initial wet consistency to dry out a bit (really, aren't all mascaras better after they've been opened for a little while?!) it is a deep, luscious black cream that seems to lift and define all of my lashes while plumping them up. It wears extremely well on my oily skin and still removes relatively easily with cream cleanser or micellar water and a gentle massage. If it were not $32 a tube, I would run out to buy a full size today. Alas, I can't justify any mascara over $15 on my current budget. I will hope for a suitable dupe by way of the drugstore or a Korean brand.

A lovely mascara with an expensive price tag. I recommend the 'Blue Night' color, which is very sophisticated and cool. It's a dark midnight blue -- nothing like the bright blue Diorshow mascara (which is fun, but nothing like this one.) The Chanel 'blue night' color is quite subtle - it makes your eyes look just a bit more mysterious.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm surprised that so many people like this mascara.

Pros:
- extra thick very black voluminous lashes.

Cons:
- the formula is very wet, that results in spikey lashes with mascara clumps;
- the brush is not designed to separate the lashes, it puts them all together and makes it impossible to reduce the amount of clumps;
- it smudges;
- it's a nightmare to take it off, even with a waterproof mascara remover.

Not for me.

on 6/6/2018 10:36:00 AM

I like Le Volumbe!!! It is not only gives my eyelashes more volume and length but also curl. I tried to compare it with my other eyelashes. It does provide more curl and did not weigh down my lashes. the only cons is that it is not waterproof and the price. Great for everyday coz it is not a heavy duty mascara. I will use waterproof formula if i am active and no time to touch up such as during busy work days or girls' night out or at the beach.

on 4/7/2018 12:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Save your money and buy LOREAL Volume MIllion Lashes!!

I got the Chanel Le Volume as a sample and it is really nice but my current Loreal one is the perfect dupe for this...... and better!!!!!! Seriously!!

I put one on each eye and there was not much difference except the Loreal was smoother, i like to do two coats and use quite a lot, the Chanel felt heavier and was slightly clumpy.

Neither hold the curl great, but my eyes are super sensitive so i have difficulty with mascaras, so i'll go for slightly less curl for good volume and length with no clumps or flakes and no itchy, watery, puffy eyes.

on 3/15/2018 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is my go to mascara. The one I have used for years and always came back for. It is so good that when I go back to it after an intermission trying something else, my husband often comments on how "pretty my eye makeup looks". It is always the mascara. It volumizes a lot. I never got comments when wearing other mascaras!
I have noticed that it is not the best at holding curl, but does not weigh the lashes down either. So this is only a problem if you have those downward facing lashes. I never had a problem.
This mascara, when it is good, never smudges, lasts through some tears and humidity, but comes of very easily at the end of the day.
When it is good it lasts me on average three months and then it starts smudging. It is very sad because it is at that point that the mascara really starts to look wonderful on the lashes, super volumizing, but it has to go to the trash because it smudges in a few hours. Please notice that I live in a very dry environment, so makeup dries up fast around here.
To me this reminds me of L'oreal's Lash Paradise, but I think Chanel gives me more volume still, certainly more length, and the Lash Paradise lasts me a month before starting to smudge. Since Chanel in Europe is still not 3 times more expensive than L'oreal, the Chanel option is the best buy for me.

I gave this only 4 stars because this review only applies to "when the mascara is good". This means that sometimes Le Volume will start smudging on me from the first week of use. I believe this has to do with the fact that some retailers sell really old products. So I have to worry about this, which is not ok.

My comparison to other mascaras, in case you are curious
Benefit roller lash - Benefit never ever smudges, holds the curl, volumizes less, separates more, lengthens more. Love it. Benefit is hard to take of. Slightly less omph than Le Volume though. Similar thoughts with They're real. A tube lasts 3 months. I use these when I want a bit of a water proof action, since Le Volume waterproof is HORRIBLE.
Chantecaille faux cils - Amazing mascara. Similar effects, or even better with the microfibres. Much worse packaging than Chanel. Lasts me 5 months. Will not smudge ever. This is an option, if you can tolerate the packaging which breaks within a week and the price.
Too Faced better than sex - Smudges every.single.time. Otherwise, beautiful when applied.
L'oreal and Maybelline mascaras (all) - some better than others, but all give less volume and impact.
Cover girl (US) clump crusher/MaxFactor(Europe) false lash, clump defy- like Benefit mascaras, these give better separation and lengthening. beautiful, but less volume than Le Volume. Less impact. Never smudge.
Clinique, Dior, Lancome, Estée Lauder mascaras - the ones I tried were all average. Lancôme hypnose was the best of the bunch, but worse than Chanel Le Volume.

While the product is more wet than most, after learning careful application this has easily become my 'unicorn'.
The pigment is very black, there is minimal transfer, even after being face down in the chiropractors office, and comes off entirely without any fuss (no panda eyes).
My lashes are super dark, evenly fanned out, no clumping/spideriness, and make my eyes pop like nothing else.
It's pricey yes, and that sleek black tube with the double c's, it's a pleasure to work with and reach for in my makeup bag.
Bless you Coco, it's worth every penny :)

on 11/10/2017 11:34:00 AM

This review is for the bluish black mascara, but it applies to all of the colors, since the formulation is also a factor. Note: I am a mascara snob and connoisseur. Pale lashes, fine but lots of them. Also note: Chanel online is the best makeup you can buy, since they allow free returns without any sort of hassle. The return sticker is in the packaging, so you don't have to contact them (ugh, MAC!), and they return via UPS, meaning I can leave it out on my patio and not make an extra trip to USPS.

Color:
The BLUISH BLACK IS HOLY GRAIL. You. Must. Try. It. You can return it, easily, if you hate it. But you won't. If you have redness around your eyes, ruddiness in your skin tone, or are just fair--you must try it. You will thank me, I promise! It does not appear blue, at all. Indeed, it is more natural on me than black (too dark) or brown (too warm). This mascara has changed my entire makeup look, and I am desperate for them not to ever discontinue it, which is why I am writing this review. Other colored mascaras either have a crappy formulation/brush, or they are bright blue. This one reads subtle black on me, and it is the only mascara that does not make me look like an 80's punk rocker, or a piglet with red eyes. Oh, how I love it so. <3

Formulation:
Stellar. It is very thick, yet it applies evenly with a gloss, and it does not cause my lashes to look stiff or spidery. I don't need to use upper lid liner with this mascara, because it makes my lashes look thick enough without it.

Desert island, one product=this.

Edit/Update: this still= Best. Mascara. Ever. I tried the Faux DC YSL dark blue color for awhile, which is also great. However, I think this comes out on top. Even though I usually hate this kind of “hard” brush, it is the one mascara I’ve tried, ever, that does not require me to “work the brush.” In other words, I don’t have to manually manipulate the brush to give the look I desire. Somehow, it chunks, yet separates, my lashes into the ideal configuration, on its own—with just a normal brushing motion from me. I was analyzing selfies and realized I look prettier when I wear this. My lashes look thick and lush, and it improves my face. What’s funny is I recall a friend I had in 8th grade (30 years ago!) looking much prettier than usual one day, and she said it was b/c she used this mascara! That sticks out to me, b/c it was pricey for an 8th grader. However, even then, I was mascara obsessed, and used Dior Show, which has since (unfortunately) changed the brush (and formula?). Anyway, I just recall what a difference it made on her, and that’s still true, apparently!

on 10/13/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It must be me, but I do not like it AT ALL. I bought it several times (how stupid can one be) because of the positive reviews and the charming Chanel sales ladies who kept convincing me that this is THE mascara. To be honest, most of these ladies were wearing the mascara as kind of promo, but none of them looked good with it. One customer dared to say: I am sorry, but your lashes look awful, I do not see any reason for buying when looking at you. Hilarious but o so true!

on 6/18/2017 8:56:00 PM

This mascara looks fantastic in the first hour or two then leaves me with transfer under my eyes and sometimes around my brow bone. I'm considering the waterproof version but the regular version is a pass for me.