Clio Waterproof Brush Liner - Kill Black

Clio Waterproof Brush Liner - Kill Black

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I gave this a good rating. However, I am not going to purchase again, why?

Firstly, I got this during my korea trip which comes with a free makeup remover as well.

It is really good for creating a fine line , I find it quite lasting on my oily lids.

However, when I laugh or any water gets near the end of my liner, the line will still disappear, leaving a gap in between which I hate hence requiring touch ups.

Compared to stilla stay all day, I prefer clio instead.

Its generally quite long lasting compared to others however I won't be buying it again as I wanted to try other brands and the liner gap problem.

on 7/22/2016 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm Asian and I have monolids, so it's always been hard for me to find the "perfect" eyeliner. As you may know, eyeliner tends to wear off faster on monolids as your eyelid creases *inwards* and thus your skin is constantly rubbing on the eyeliner.

I picked up this brush liner on a whim after using it to reapply my makeup at a nearby Olive Young (popular drug store in South Korea). It seemed to be okay. It applied easily and the brush was smooth and didn't tug on my skin. So, I purchased it. It was only roughly $18. Now, I somewhat regret the decision.

Though the product's description says it's WATERPROOF, I can't see any way that the claim could possibly be true. Again, as a girl with monolids, I'm used to having eyeliner wear and crumble off after just one or two hours. However, the formula used in this eyeliner is EXTREMELY WATERY. It helps to make the application smoother, but this also meant a few things: I had to go over the same place multiple times, drying time was longer, and the eyeliner wipes off in actual MINUTES. It doesn't even last an hour.

Overall, I was very disappointed in CLIO, which markets itself as long-lasting and simple to use.

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/24/2016 9:47:00 PM

I had high hopes for these pens and part of the performance did live up to my expectations: the felt tip was easy to use (although not the best for creating a really thin line) and the ink was waterproof and stayed put. However, in less than a month it had completely dried up on me, and I hadn`t even used it so often! For a fraction of the price of these, I can buy really nice Japanese eyeliners that perform just as well if not better, last longer, and have more color versatility, so I would never repurchase these, even though they are easily available where I live.

on 5/24/2016 9:06:00 PM

Best liquid/pen eyeliner EVER. I bought this when I went to Korea and I just wanted to try it out. I usually lose my eyeliners before I could finish them, but I was able to maximize it's usage till it dried out. Now I'm asking my friends who are traveling to Korea to buy me at least 5 of this.

HG eyeliner! Doesn't smudge at all and really is waterproof, which is very important considering the heat and humidity in Singapore. easy to apply as well. Price point is also a plus!

Best eyeliner ever! Dries easily, stays pretty much all day even with oily eyelids like mine, never smudges and still stays like it has been newly applied even at the end of the day.

on 2/16/2016 2:23:00 AM

This is an excellent, inexpensive and easy to use eyeliner pen that I've repurchased several times. It works as well as the pricier brands that I've tried (Stila, Lancome). While it does eventually leave a slight residue under my eyes, that is true of every brand I've used given my oily skin and a hot climate. I'm taking off one lippie because it is difficult to obtain...as a Korean brand, I have only been able to find it online and shipping can be slow (or expensive).

on 9/28/2015 3:25:00 AM

This eyeliner has changed my life.

Years ago, if you told me my HG eyeliner would be a pen liner, I would have scoffed and not believed you. See, the thing is, my eyes are super sensitive and even more so when I'm trying to poke at my lashline with pointy objects. Prior to this, I was using a gel-cream eyeliner, which was a horrible experience since my eyes are fussy when dealing with brushes.

I chose this product as an exchange item because I figured, hey what the hell, if it sucks as well, I'll never wear eyeliner for the rest of my life. Maybe it was a sign because it ended up being on sale so I had to pay a little bit extra for it. Honestly, the blackness of the color as well as the lasting power, when I tested the eyeliner, motivated me.

I've been wearing it for a few months now and, wow, it has changed my outlook of this particular pen liner. My eyes don't freak out when I touch the tip to my skin and it stays on for hours and hours. Sweat? No problem. Oiliness? Never an issue. I'm majorly impressed and I hope that Clio won't reformulate or discontinue this product.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is my holy grail of holy grails. If I could buy one eyeliner for the rest of my life-this would be it. My eyelids are super oily and NOTHING I've ever bought it the past could make it an hour without smudging. This lasts the whole day perfectly and I've gotten so many complements on my cat eye because of how precise the brush is. If you've had a bad experience with eyeliners like me (I'd sworn off liners-gel, pen, pencil before Clio), then don't hesitate to buy this because it might change your life. The price is a little bit high for a small pen but you can get it on ebay for around 15$ which is still pretty good.

on 7/1/2015 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

So I paid a visit to South Korea and went crazy for their beauty products. I bought this on a recommendation from a website about Korean beauty products, and I was pretty excited to try it out. It has a beautiful, sharp thin line which is very easy to control. I like to line my eyes with a very thin line so this was good for that. I also liked the intensity of the colour - it is very black and opaque. The problem I have with this product is the lasting power. It doesn't last through the day on me and has flaked quite often, with people even commenting on the fact that it has transferred to below my eye or smudged, which can be embarrassing. So don't believe the hype that this lasts all day.

Having said that, it is better than the other liquid eyeliners I have tried (which is not very many... I usually use a dark powder eyeshadow to line my eyes because I prefer to subtle look and because it doesn't transfer. I hate smudged eyes). Still looking for the perfect one as I have gotten bolder with my makeup of late and want something for a dramatic eye especially for evening. Sadly, this is also not widely available to me where I live, so I will probably not repurchase or jump through hoops to track it down when my current pen dries out. If only it stayed as beautiful as it is when it's freshly applied!