Clio Waterproof Brush Liner - Kill Black

Clio Waterproof Brush Liner - Kill Black

4.2

on 9/22/2017 4:15:00 PM

I have been using the Kat Von D Tattoo eyeliner for years but I think the price went up. I am a big fan of BRUSH eyeliner as I feel it's more flexible and doesn't poke my eye.

I heard good reviews about this and when I went to Korea, I bought this eyeliner and I really like it! It's just as good as the Kat Von D Eyeliner!!

Pros:
- Brush Tip
- Long Lasting
- Waterproof
- Very Black
- Does not irritate my sensitive eyes (I wear contacts)

on 8/13/2017 9:06:00 PM

The Clio brush liner is the best eyeliner for me; I've been using this (both the Kill Black and Kill Brown) for about four years now, repurchasing it multiple times, and will not use any other.

PROS:

1. Waterproof, long-lasting and dries quickly

I use Urban Decay's Primer Potion as a base and go over that with the Clio brush liner. The liner dries very quickly and will not budge even if you run your fingers over it. In fact, the eyeliner will not budge even in a hurricane :o) On occasion, with the eyeliner on, I've washed my face, and the eyeliner remains as though freshly drawn (caveat: I can't vouch for its longevity when used alone or when used in conjunction with any other primer). In my experience, the liner does not transfer even if worn for ~12 hours, and the only way to remove it is with a lipid remover (oil-based remover/micellar water).

2. True BLACK yet lightweight

The black is highly, highly pigmented; none of the rubbish dark greys or sheer blacks. Despite its pigmentation, it is a very lightweight and comfortable to wear.

3. Does not dry out and lasts long

When properly capped (you will feel and hear a satisfying click), this eyeliner will stay very inky, and will not dry out til it runs out.

4. Ease of use and versatility

With some practice, use of this brush liner becomes almost intuitive, and will be the only thing you need to create the perfect eyeliner, whether you're going for a simple or dramatic look! It is versatile in that it can draw extremely fine lines (due to its brush tip) or thicker lines depending on the pressure exerted.

PS: I reviewed the Kill Black because I know black is generally the go-to colour for eyeliner. However, I do recommend the Kill Brown brush liner by Clio as well; it has the same attributes as the black liner (waterproof, longevity, highly pigmented etc) except in brown! Therefore, if you think blacks look harsh on you, you may wish to consider the Kill Brown brush liner by Clio :o)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I gave this a good rating. However, I am not going to purchase again, why?

Firstly, I got this during my korea trip which comes with a free makeup remover as well.

It is really good for creating a fine line , I find it quite lasting on my oily lids.

However, when I laugh or any water gets near the end of my liner, the line will still disappear, leaving a gap in between which I hate hence requiring touch ups.

Compared to stilla stay all day, I prefer clio instead.

Its generally quite long lasting compared to others however I won't be buying it again as I wanted to try other brands and the liner gap problem.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Best liquid eyeliner i have ever used!

This doesn't smudge or flake on me at all, and i have super oily skin! It lasts the whole day, throughout my work day and nightout! No signs of fading or transfer even after more than 12 hours, not kidding. I am super impressed by the longevity and colour payoff of this eyeliner - it is super black and pigmented! Also, the applicator is really thin and precise it is super easy to line the eyes and do a cat eye wing! I love it so much!

The packaging is also very sleek and classy. Bought it from watsons and have been repurchasing it ever since. It lasts for a long time as well - i used it for months and it is still as good!

Overall would highly recommend!

on 7/22/2016 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm Asian and I have monolids, so it's always been hard for me to find the "perfect" eyeliner. As you may know, eyeliner tends to wear off faster on monolids as your eyelid creases *inwards* and thus your skin is constantly rubbing on the eyeliner.

I picked up this brush liner on a whim after using it to reapply my makeup at a nearby Olive Young (popular drug store in South Korea). It seemed to be okay. It applied easily and the brush was smooth and didn't tug on my skin. So, I purchased it. It was only roughly $18. Now, I somewhat regret the decision.

Though the product's description says it's WATERPROOF, I can't see any way that the claim could possibly be true. Again, as a girl with monolids, I'm used to having eyeliner wear and crumble off after just one or two hours. However, the formula used in this eyeliner is EXTREMELY WATERY. It helps to make the application smoother, but this also meant a few things: I had to go over the same place multiple times, drying time was longer, and the eyeliner wipes off in actual MINUTES. It doesn't even last an hour.

Overall, I was very disappointed in CLIO, which markets itself as long-lasting and simple to use.

This is the best eyeliner I've tried so far. It is water proof, doesn't smudge or flake! When I come home after a long hot summer day look at the mirror my eyeliner is still slayin'! BUT there's something I don't like about the Waterproof Brush Liner- Kill black; the packaging. The packaging itself does flake and it sticks to my skin, so thats a little bummer. 9/10

on 5/24/2016 9:06:00 PM

Best liquid/pen eyeliner EVER. I bought this when I went to Korea and I just wanted to try it out. I usually lose my eyeliners before I could finish them, but I was able to maximize it's usage till it dried out. Now I'm asking my friends who are traveling to Korea to buy me at least 5 of this.

HG eyeliner! Doesn't smudge at all and really is waterproof, which is very important considering the heat and humidity in Singapore. easy to apply as well. Price point is also a plus!

on 5/24/2016 9:47:00 PM

I had high hopes for these pens and part of the performance did live up to my expectations: the felt tip was easy to use (although not the best for creating a really thin line) and the ink was waterproof and stayed put. However, in less than a month it had completely dried up on me, and I hadn`t even used it so often! For a fraction of the price of these, I can buy really nice Japanese eyeliners that perform just as well if not better, last longer, and have more color versatility, so I would never repurchase these, even though they are easily available where I live.

Best eyeliner ever! Dries easily, stays pretty much all day even with oily eyelids like mine, never smudges and still stays like it has been newly applied even at the end of the day.