Carmex Everyday Lip Conditioner

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/16/2013 11:24:00 PM

Got this at Walgreens for $1.79 and also got a free mini tube of Carmex lotion with it.

Pros: - Smells lovely, like an orange Creamsicle, very subtle but tasty.
- Feels silky and soft on the lips like lotion, so it slips and doesn't feel sticky.
- Sinks in well and moisturizes for 5 hours through some drinking.
- No sunscreen, which I like because I hate the smell of it.
- Cute little tube and easily portable.

Cons: - As mentioned below, it leaves a slight white cast on the lips, but it can be rubbed away easily and since I wear this mostly at night and at home, it doesn't bother me at all.
- I feel like you get very little product for your money. Granted, you don't use much, but still.

I enjoy using this product and would repurchase, though maybe next time with a coupon.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this with a 55 cents off coupon. I LOVE the orange creamsicle smell! Based on what the packaging said about how it was like a lotion and would sink into lips I wasn't surprised when on my first application it did just that. So if you're someone who doesn't like their lip balms to sit on their lips this is perfect for you! I love the squeeze tube packaging. When I rub my lips together twenty minutes after applying I can detect a bit on my lips but most of all my lips are smooth and soft. This is perfect for those who hate when their balm comes off when they drink too. I would definitely but this again!

I love everything about this EXCEPT the actual product. The tube is adorable, love the unique orange flavor. The balm itself is so gross. Its dry and white and makes my lips worse. It should be made to more of a consistency of the original Carmex, not this royal-icing crap. Don't waste your dollars.

I personally HATE original carmex lipbalms. I find them to have a sickly cherry..odor and a very thick texture.
This, however is quite pleasant. It has a lotion like texture and a sugary orange (think ELF Essentials products) scent/taste. It absorbs into my lips quite fast, but as it absorbs, my lips get reaalllyy dry and I constantly have to apply more. It does have a matte finish. I think that this would be really nice for men who don't like glossy lip balms, but not really for me :(.
UPDATE: The more you put on, the white color is more visible in the cracks and crevices of your lips :/

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I thought I would try it, since it's 1) Carmex, which is allegedly a miracle worker, and 2) dirt cheap. It's not a bad product, but I don't think I would buy it again. I had mixed feelings...
- The texture is similar to a thick body lotion, which kind of reminds me of the Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment and Neosporin Lip Health formulas (good). The product goes on smoothly, but does leave a slight white residue if you apply too much or don't rub it in long enough (bad).
- It absorbs almost instantly, but as it dries, my lips feel like they are shriveling up. I constantly feel like I need to reapply something while it's drying. My lips ARE a bit softer when it's fully absorbed (good), but they don't feel protected at all...if I breathed through my mouth for too long, I think my lips would be snowing crust flakes (bad).
- My lips looked completely matte after application - not "dewy" or "healthy" or whatever....somehow, a little more matte than before I applied anything. Weird? This may be a good thing for men...
- The smell/taste is almost identical to an orange creamsicle...and it fades within minutes. The smell is one of the main things I liked about this product.
- The packaging is more hygienic than a tub or twist-up stick, so bonus points for Carmex on that one.
I will keep using this product until it's gone, but mainly for the smell/taste...and probably under a less tasty lip treatment. For less than $2, it wasn't a bad buy...but I think I would just prefer more time-tested products, like the Blistex ointment I mentioned above. Or plain Vaseline after I brush my teeth at night.

Top Rated Lip Treatments