Maybelline Color Sensational in Mauve Mania

No Image

3.8

on 6/3/2017 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm always looking for a cool-toned, rose lipstick with no shimmer and minimal shine that doesn't turn purple or blue. Mauve Mania settles into satin mid-toned pink rose on my lips, and with multiple swipes, the color stays the same. Unfortunately, it isn't The One.

Mauve Mania (MM) is similar to Revlon Super Lustrous Mauvy Night (MN), but I find Revlon to be superior in every aspect except for color. MM applies thin, feels tacky on the lips, has a cloying, fruity-vanilla scent, and the color fades very quickly. MN feels smooth,cushiony, and weightless on the lips, has zero fragrance, and leaves behind a trace of color stain. MN is a touch deeper and warmer than MM.

I said I would not repurchase, but to be fair, I discovered MM around the time it had been discontinued. Its performance issues could be related to the age of the lipstick I received from Amazon and how it was stored. Sadly MN has also been discontinued by Revlon, so the search continues.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This is a pretty mauve shade, leaning more towards pink than purple. It feels nice and creamy on the lips. It does has an ever so slight shine, not as shiny as Revlon's Blushing Mauve. However my main issue with this lipstick is the smell, I believe it is vanilla and it's too sweet for me. After a few hours of wear I can still smell it sometimes. I probably won't be repurchasing this, while it is a nice colour I have others I like more (Revlon Sassy Mauve) and the smell is off-putting.

on 6/18/2014 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Im around mac nc45/ revlon rich ginger. It is definitely wearable. its a dark dull color. I think it could be suited for an everyday look. Its mauvey and almost purple. I think it looks natural but its on the almost too dark side. Its not dark enough to be vampy though. Like the other maybelline lipsticks I have tried, it is is quite opaque, natural looking and creamy. Not a favorite color of mine and i think they are discontinuing the color.

Edit 12/24/2015
Ok I've had time to wear this lipstick over the past few years. This is the color I would call sophisticated pink. It's deep enough to have a mature/professional look but still light and pinkish enough to be worn everyday and be girly.

It's not as dull as I mentioned in my original post. It's just not as light as warm me up, pink me up or make me pink. I've now grown attached to the color and they don't make it anymore.

on 2/8/2014 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

The only reason I picked up Mauve Mania was because I thought it would be a dupe to my beloved Revlon Super Lustrous in Mauvy Night, but they are not the same. Mauvy Night is nicer (has a more moisturizing formula, no smell and the colour is slightly deeper, it's cheaper too!) in my opinion.

But anyways, Mauve Mania is a nice enough product in itself without comparing it to others. It's a lovely, completely opaque pinky-purple shade but at the same time it's got enough pink to keep it from being outlandish. It's something you could wear every day if you like.

The smell on this lipstick is terrible. Ugh. It smells like the old lipsticks my mom had from her wild days. The texture is quite thin and not very creamy but the colour glides on.

Overall, it's a nice lipstick I just wouldn't buy it again because I've already experienced something better. It is a nice addition to my collection of mauvy lipsticks.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

The only thing I love about this product is that it smells good. You can actually smell the scent when you apply it on your lips. Staying power, not bad because it stays for few hours. But I really won't buy it again if ever I ran out because it makes my lips look pale.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A nice 'my lips but better' shade. A great shade in particular for light/fair-skinned gals; although I think many skin tones might be able to wear this, although I think this is mostly suited for lighter skin tones. Great, comfortable formula, lasts on me a good 4 to 5 hours (which is a long time for me with any lip product).

I have read that this is a close dupe for Mac's Syrup. I do not own Syrup, and I have never even swatched it, so I cannot attest to that one way or the other, but I just wanted to mention that. This actually reminds me a lot of Clinique's long-since-discontinued Mauve Crystal, which was my HG lipstick back in the 80's. This to me is a modern version of Mauve Crystal. As a woman of 45 years of age, Mauve Crystal might have been too shimmery for me at this stage in my life/personal preference if it was still around. But this Mauve Mania is a very wearable mauve for me. Comfortable to wear, easy to apply, just a great, easy lipstick.

on 10/15/2012 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

This colour is part of the new range for (I think!) Fall 2012, in the Plums section. It was always out of stock in all the displays. It's a great pinkish-mauve MLBB, and very close to MAC's Plumful - also doesn't give you the dreaded blue lips.

on 11/2/2012 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Mauve mania is a creamy medium mauve lipstick with pink undertone. It goes really well on the application,it last fairly long with a lip liner. Beautiful color! It goes with: mauve,pink,purple,gold,pink-gold,nude eye shadows! Love it!