4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 months ago

Let me preface my review by saying that if lipstick is my number one makeup obsession, then highlighters come in at a very close number two. My friends look at me askance when I wax poetic about whichever one I'm wearing on my face at the time, but in my defense -- sometimes I want to look like I've slathered my cheeks in oil and face planted into a pool of diamond dust, and sometimes I want to look like I'm just naturally glowy. You know, like I've slept my required eight hours the night before and drunk plenty of water, instead of what really happened, aka I was up half the night grading papers and ripping out my hair and now I have caffeine running through my veins and my right eye won't stop twitching. BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid Highlighter in Moonstone falls squarely into the latter camp, and I love it for how natural it looks. A pale gold with a pearly gold luminescence (not shimmer!) running through it, this creamy highlighter comes in a 1.7 pump bottle and, according to Sephora, can be used in two ways: "use it as the perfect mixer to your favorite primer, foundation, or moisturizer for added radiance. Apply it as an all-over dewy glow by applying it evenly on your face or wear it on the high points of the complexion, such as cheekbones and down the bridge of the nose." I wear it in the ways suggested. For days when my skin has been behaving and I don't need as much coverage, I'll mix it with my go-to base -- NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint in Alaska -- at a 1:2 ratio (more base than highlighter!) and apply it over my face; this sheers out my matte base and leaves me with a bit of glow without making my oily skin look greasy. Other days, I'll apply it as a very subtle highlighter on my cheekbones; I just tap on the slightest amount, blend out with my fingers and I'm good to go. For those who are interested, it usually costs $41 for the full size, which is doable but fairly pricey for me (hence the four lippies). However, I found mine at a CCO store at a local outlet mall and got it for 40% off. If you're near one, check to see if they have it in stock!

About reviewer (519 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

3.0

2 years ago

Bought mine at Ulta for 50% off so that was the only thing that made it worth the money. Becca has a problem with cool tones, like many of the brands these days. Even this highlighter was pretty yellow and actually was fairly dark going on. Made it look like I had a yellow stain on my cheekbones. Was great for my best friend so she inherited it. Wouldn’t buy again.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

2 years ago

Love this product. I mostly mix it with different foundations, always with great results, & also use it as a primer. The shade is very suitable for my yellow toned skin. Let’s face it, you won’t find similar product at the drugstore. I think it’s worth the price, and I highly recommend it if you’re looking for a glowy base.

About reviewer (243 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

I LOVE this. Looks pretty on my NC30 skin. I once forgot to put this on before powder & when I did put on top of powder, it layered & blended beautifully. Gives a nice glow to your cheeks without looking like you have a highlighter on.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

from

2 years ago

Gorgeous! The light champagne color is really flattering for my fair neutral to warm skin tone and the gel-cream texture just blends so effortlessly. It's also easy to adjust the intensity and there is no glitter which I appreciate tremendously. I knew I had to trust Lisa Eldridge who has been using Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid for years. I bought the 20ml tube from Sephora which doesn't really cost more than the regular format per ml. It is also more convenient to travel with, takes less space and albeit not being that pretty packaging-wise I found the pump to dispense entirely too much. I'm not a fan of blindingly bright highlight so I use a minuscule amount. Moonstone has become my favourite highlighter and kind of regret spending money on all the others; Mary-Lou looks less refined, Bobbi Brown Shimmerbricks are entirely too glittery, Strobe Cream in Gloldlight doesn't last as long and can disturb the foundation underneath while Laura Mercier Matte Radiance is only suitable for very very understated highlighting - therefore less versatile. A definite repurchase.

About reviewer (952 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I love this highlighter -- I have some texture on my cheeks, so I don't love a powder highlight on them (though when I do use one, I use the Becca powder in Opal or Champagne Pop). I mix this with any matte foundation and I also pat it on my cheekbones. I love the finish that it gives foundations, very natural and radiant. It loses points on packaging, because while I love the pump and the bottle itself, the cap has cracked a lot. I go back and forth with wanting to travel with it because of that cap issue. It is pricey, but I think that Becca's highlights are generally worth it, and this one is no different.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I have this in moonstone, love the colour and the subtle glow it gives me. I apply on my cheekbones, inner corner of the eyes and cupids bow before my powder foundation and it gives the perfect subtle glow. Have not tried it mixed with foundation or over foundation yet. Will repurchase.

About reviewer (966 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

2 years ago

Although I do love a full on makeup look, most of the time my makeup is more on the natural side, especially when it comes to my skin. Which is why I have long been looking for a highlighter that is very natural looking and can be worn during daytime in sunny barcelona, without being mistaken of being dressed up as a christmas decoration. I LOVE THIS The glitter is so fine that you'll get away with wearing this during daytime if you apply it sparingly. The price, to me, was off putting, however I found that Sephora sells travel sized versions of the product at a reduced price. I got the shade Moonstone for 16 euros containing 30ml. Which is not too bad a deal in my opinion. HOWEVER, it is a good product but it is not as revolutionary and life changing as the youtube community may claim. If you find that the price is a stretch of your budget, there are cheaper alternatives with incredibly similar results. MUA has both liquid highlighters at a fraction of the price in similar shades that I'd recommend you check out, as does H&M. Nevertheless, if you want a high end product with a beautifully natural pay off, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrown

2 years ago

Gorgeous! I purchased this in Moonstone last week, I went back and forth between this color and Opal, and concluded that I wear more mauve toned makeup, and moonstone would flatter me more than the darker gold tone would.. I'm 47 yo, NW25, combo skin, no acne, and no major wrinkles, and I find that I like this best mixed in with my foundation. I have mixed with MAC WaterWeight foundation, MAC Face and Body, and even with Becca Aqua Luminous. This just makes my face come alive, and gives me that beautiful glow that looks lit from within.. I'm not normally a powder highlight wearer, I prefer the subtle/healthy sheen provided by liquids/cream stick types of highlighters/illunimators, and this delivers that! It's $41, but the bottle is huge, and will last quite awhile..I plan on purchasing Pearl also.. Definitely recommend.

About reviewer (239 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

This is the product to get if you want to try illuminators but not look like a glitter bomb or a grease ball. I've experienced several bad moments in the stores because I would try a highlighter tester and it made me look like a kid who got into her mother's makeup, so I never got into the technique. I recently read a blog that recommended this as something to help brighten the face and found a lot of positive reviews when researching it. I decided on the moonstone shade because I felt it matched my skin tone best and didn't want anything that added color, and the liquid because it is more versatile. I have used it as both a spot illuminator and also combined with my foundation and both methods give a nice glow, it just depends on if you want an all over fresh look or if you want to highlight and enhance. I have a few fine lines and this doesn't settle into them one bit and actually helps to make them less noticeable. A pump added to a matte foundation helps it spread more evenly but doesn't take away from any mattifying effects. I have been getting lots of compliments when adding it to a BB cream I felt was past its prime.

About reviewer (315 reviews)

Age44-55