Daiso Sponge Detergent

Daiso Sponge Detergent
Sponge DetergentSponge DetergentSponge DetergentSponge DetergentSponge Detergent

ETHYL ALCOHOL, GREEN TEA EXTRACT, PERSIMMON SEED EXTRACT

I bought this on a whim when I was buying some cheap (but fairly well made) brushes from Daiso here in Japan. The ingredients were in English so I knew there weren't any 'funky' ingredients. I use it everyday to cleanse and rinse my foundation brushes and once a week on my blush and powder and eye brushes. The only down side is that I usually go through a bottle a week and therefore I stoked up the last time I was there. Definitely worth the trip! Such a great price, no strong scents and my skin hasn't broken out since using it (and my skin is MAJORLY ACNE PRONE!)
To use I just squirt a little into a small cup and swirl the brush a few times, then rinse under water to see if it's clean enough, if not, I do the process again until the brush is completely clean!

on 5/9/2017 9:25:00 PM

Dirt cheap and one of the only products to get rid of ALL staining in my brushes. Does not leave any residue or smell. I prefer it to Daiso's Brush Cleanser (in the pink bottle) because this foams up and makes it easier to clean brushes thoroughly. Couldn't live without this stuff!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the best cleanser for beauty sponges and brushes. I know Daiso makes a separate brush cleaner, but I use this for both. It is foaming, but easy to rinse out, thoroughly cleans and removes stains from all brushes including lip brushes (at least pinkish, neutral shades), leaves brushes soft and bristles don't clump together, and it's only $2.80 at Daiso. The cleanser is clear and thick, so a little goes a long way. It is scented, but not heavily. My HG of sponge and brush cleaners and I would pay more for it (but I hope I don't ever have to!).

on 2/20/2017 4:32:00 AM

AMAZING. cleans my beauty blender even better than the much more expensive beauty blender cleanser!!

on 2/16/2017 1:29:00 PM

Oh gosh, this cleans just as well as my beauty blender soap. It's amazing! I never thought I'd find anything as good as that soap bar, but this Daiso product cleans just as well. The price is phenomenal and boy does this product deliver by leaving your brushes clean as ever. I'm definitely repurchasing. Thank you MUA, I never would have found this product without you!!

on 2/8/2017 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Wow. I found out about this detergent from MUA. I ordered it from Amazon. It cleans my beauty blender SO well. Before, my beauty blender would be stained from foundation and concealer even after washing it really well. With this detergent, my beauty blender sponge looks brand new. I love this detergent and will definitely be repurchasing.

on 1/9/2017 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A very effective brush cleaner. I normally use baby shampoo and this works so much faster using much less product. Fairly accessible in Australia - the Daiso I picked this up from had very good stock.

on 12/12/2016 1:33:00 AM

Best thing ever for beauty blender sponge and not gonna break your bank!
I was doubtful when I saw this in Daiso, Canada. Now I wish I'd buy more!
It says it's non-toxic on the bottle, but I triple wash it with clean water after using just in case.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My absolute favorite for cleaning my makeup tools, hands down
If you love instant gratification, you'll love this

It's the only detergent that cleans ALL of the foundation out of my beauty blender instead of just the dye (*cough* *blendercleanser*) and I use mainly thick, full coverage foundations like ELDW and Revlon Colorstay
It's unscented which is a plus to those who dislike or are sensitive to overly perfumey products

The only drawback is that I don't travel to Japan and none of the Daisos where I live carry this product, and I love it so much I wish they made bigger bottles so I wouldn't have to repurchase a often

But for the price and efficacy, this stuff is amazing, I absolutely can't recommend it enough

on 11/28/2016 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Stocked up 5 bottles in Japan because I like it that much. Can't seem to find them at any Daiso stores in Singapore anymore...quite unsettling!