Daiso Sponge Detergent

Daiso Sponge Detergent
Sponge DetergentSponge DetergentSponge DetergentSponge DetergentSponge Detergent

ETHYL ALCOHOL, GREEN TEA EXTRACT, PERSIMMON SEED EXTRACT

on 11/30/2017 4:20:00 AM

This stuff is awesome, its so effective for cleaning brushes and makes the entire brush cleaning experience so much easier. I'm converted. Just a little bit of this in a bowl, wet your brush, rub your brush on the back of your hand or a brush cleaning board to suds it up and then rinse. Brushes are clean. Its cheap, its cheerful and its effective, whats not to love?

on 11/29/2017 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm very new at writing reviews, but I'm so thankful for the help I've gotten from makeupalley over the years so I HAVE to give some back. And this is a product I for sure never would have come across if it wasn't for you guys.

Anyone who's had acne knows the importance of having clean makeup tools. And probably also knows that cleaning your brushes is a time consuming bore beyond.

I really don't want to know what chemical is in this product that enables the detergent to work so well, cause honestly, it's a miracle. It not only cleans the brushes from what can cause breakouts, but also somehow removes all old stains in the hairs. Your sponges and brushes look brand new in just seconds?!

I find the packaging so dope too, that it's small and you dilute the product yourself instad of buying a bigger bottle from another brand that's already diluted. That way it takes up less space and weight during transport= better for the environment. I only use a tiny tiny bit of product mixed with hot water in a cup to clean my whole set of 15 brushes that I use daily, so it really lasts longer too than any other brand I've tried.

The one tip I can give regarding how to use the product is to dilute it with hot water rather than cold or lukewarm, otherwise I've noticed it not working as well.

X

on 11/21/2017 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I wish there was a maybe for the "would you buy it again"......I said no, but my answer a maybe, have to wait and get some feedback on the new formula.

This product is not for brushes and definitely not for natural bristle brushes, it is way too harsh. I got this on Amazon and used it only for cleaning my sponges. It took about a month to arrive and it was only 3/4 full, which is a pretty common complaint.

Their newly released version is named DAISO SPONGE & BRUSH CLEANER. The packaging is different, green bottle and it's now 6.8 ounces instead of 2.70 ounces and the price is supposedly the same. That is quite an increase in size with no price increase. I've heard some say the formula is different, others say it is the same, so I guess time will tell. I've seen the newer ones on Ebay but not on Amazon yet. If I decide to repurchase it I want to wait for some reviews on the newly released version. I would think if it is now for brushes too, the formula might have been changed and I would not use a sponge cleaner/brush on my expensive shu uemura brushes, or any of my sable or kolinsky brushes. I never used the old formula on those either.

It does work well on sponges but honestly, mine come just as clean when I use a bar of anti bacterial soap. Dial, Irish Spring, doesn't matter. Even nicely scented hard milled soaps work. Beauty bars like Dove don't work as well for me. I just wet the sponges, put the bar of soap in the sink in about 3-4" of warm water water for about 5 minutes so it softens a little, then rub the sponge over it and start squeezing. The soap goes all the way into the center of the sponge and cleans it. Sometimes there will be some resistant stains on the surface but I just rub that area on the bar of soap and it comes right out. When done it is like new, no stains at all.

on 9/10/2017 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is such a cheap and excellent product. I use it diluted with water in a glass, then dip my brush heads in before rinsing off with water, squeezing off excess water and laying to dry. I don't own any brushes with natural hair only synthetic so I don't know how this detergent works with natural hair.

on 7/13/2017 2:58:00 AM

Cheap and amazing. I buy 3 bottles at a time.

I bought this on a whim when I was buying some cheap (but fairly well made) brushes from Daiso here in Japan. The ingredients were in English so I knew there weren't any 'funky' ingredients. I use it everyday to cleanse and rinse my foundation brushes and once a week on my blush and powder and eye brushes. The only down side is that I usually go through a bottle a week and therefore I stoked up the last time I was there. Definitely worth the trip! Such a great price, no strong scents and my skin hasn't broken out since using it (and my skin is MAJORLY ACNE PRONE!)
To use I just squirt a little into a small cup and swirl the brush a few times, then rinse under water to see if it's clean enough, if not, I do the process again until the brush is completely clean!

on 5/9/2017 9:25:00 PM

Dirt cheap and one of the only products to get rid of ALL staining in my brushes. Does not leave any smell, but if you use too much it leaves soapy residue. I prefer it to Daiso's Brush Cleanser (in the pink bottle) because this foams up and makes it easier to clean brushes thoroughly. Couldn't live without this stuff!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the best cleanser for beauty sponges and brushes. I know Daiso makes a separate brush cleaner, but I use this for both. It is foaming, but easy to rinse out, thoroughly cleans and removes stains from all brushes including lip brushes (at least pinkish, neutral shades), leaves brushes soft and bristles don't clump together, and it's only $2.80 at Daiso. The cleanser is clear and thick, so a little goes a long way. It is scented, but not heavily. My HG of sponge and brush cleaners and I would pay more for it (but I hope I don't ever have to!).

on 2/20/2017 4:32:00 AM

AMAZING. cleans my beauty blender even better than the much more expensive beauty blender cleanser!!

on 2/16/2017 1:29:00 PM

Oh gosh, this cleans just as well as my beauty blender soap. It's amazing! I never thought I'd find anything as good as that soap bar, but this Daiso product cleans just as well. The price is phenomenal and boy does this product deliver by leaving your brushes clean as ever. I'm definitely repurchasing. Thank you MUA, I never would have found this product without you!!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools