Daiso Sponge detergent

Daiso Sponge detergent
Daiso Sponge detergentDaiso Sponge detergentDaiso Sponge detergent

ETHYL ALCOHOL, GREEN TEA EXTRACT, PERSIMMON SEED EXTRACT

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My absolute favorite for cleaning my makeup tools, hands down
If you love instant gratification, you'll love this

It's the only detergent that cleans ALL of the foundation out of my beauty blender instead of just the dye (*cough* *blendercleanser*) and I use mainly thick, full coverage foundations like ELDW and Revlon Colorstay
It's unscented which is a plus to those who dislike or are sensitive to overly perfumey products

The only drawback is that I don't travel to Japan and none of the Daisos where I live carry this product, and I love it so much I wish they made bigger bottles so I wouldn't have to repurchase a often

But for the price and efficacy, this stuff is amazing, I absolutely can't recommend it enough

on 11/28/2016 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Stocked up 5 bottles in Japan because I like it that much. Can't seem to find them at any Daiso stores in Singapore anymore...quite unsettling!

To Read all 42 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/17/2016 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I use this for cleaning my beauty blender and brushes. Works amazingly and so effective. My beauty blender has never been cleaner and comes out looking brand new, just squirt one or too drops on it, rub it in and squeeze it under water. You can also add a few drops into a container of water and swirl dirty brushes in it to get rid of all the products on the brushes. It is actually quite scary, i mean how can such a cheap cleanser work so efficiently without consequences? But my beauty blender or brushes does not seem to be deteriorating so I don't think that it is that harsh on my tools. Brush and beauty blender cleaners are quite expensive so this is really an amazing product considering the price. It is very very hard to find at Daiso because it sells out so quickly, I always grab a few bottles of it when I see it. I really wished that it came in larger bottles though because one bottle can only last for about a month with frequent use. But for such a low low price, I really don't expect too much. I've ran out of it and I'm desperate to repurchase it now.

on 11/3/2016 11:29:00 AM

Oh. Hell. Yes!!! HG HG HG!! Super cheap on Amazon, the teeniest bit cleans the dirtiest brushes and sponges in seconds - seriously...this stuff must contain unicorn tears and fairy dust!

After experimenting w/ a variety of hi and low end brush/sponge cleaners over the years, I came to the conclusion that IMO, there is no reason to spend $$$ on brush/sponge cleaners. I found several cheap that work just as well if not better that the several hi end ones I tried: Dove (unscented)bar, J&J Total Baby Wash (or generic), Zote Laundry soap (white), DIY cleaner. All of these are cheap, easy to obtain/make and work great and have been useing them successfully over the past several years. (Most recently, Zote followed by Dove - the Zote leaves my brushes a bit dry and the Dove takes care of that).

HOWEVER, this stuff blows everything else I have EVER tried out of the water!! This is the only one that even removed ALL my long lasting foundation stains out of my BB and RT sponges and having to use such a tiny bit, my small bottle is going to last forever! My brushes and sponges are clean and soft.

Will definitely re-purchase!

As a Revlon Colorstay Foundation user, all my beautyblenders have been permanently stained for YEARS (no exaggeration) and I've tried them all: Dr Bronners soap, baby shampoo, the actual beautyblender cleansers in both the liquid and solid forms, and using oil with dish soap--all leaving me disappointed. I just received my order of this in the mail today and I was BLOWN AWAY to see that there wasn't a single trace of foundation left in my beauty blender!! I was honestly so ready to be disappointed but thank the heavens I wasn't!! God bless this product A+++++++++

on 9/16/2016 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

The Daiso detergent for Puff and Sponge is the most brilliant thing for cleaning a Beauty Blender. It completely restores my BBs to as new condition after each use. I use a liquid foundation but after cleaning with this detergent you wouldn't know the BB had been used at all.

I put my BBs in a small amount of warm water with a squirt of the detergent, leave them to soak for a few minutes then work the detergent into the sponges with my fingers, then rinse. As a previous reviewer said, you can see the foundation pouring out!

This fabulous stuff costs me AU$2.80 and works so much better than anything else I've tried. It's a winner!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I happened to buy it by chance when I came across it, not knowing what a cult product it was and I was really impressed. It really works like magic! When I went back a few months later it was almost impossible to get hold of but I finally found it in one tiny Daiso (after visiting around 5) It restores make up sponges etc to their original colour with very little effort!

on 8/13/2016 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It's very effective in cleaning my make up brushes. I only need a small amount. Plus it's cheap. And the best bit is - I used it to double cleanse my brushes after I used a Mac product - because it left a lot of residual product behind!

The only criticism/improvement would be if the bottle allowed you to see how much product you have left. And for some reason, although it is new, it actually feels like the product is in half the bottle (and the other half is empty?). All the bottles for purchase felt the same way, not just the one I bought...

Anyway, very pleased with purchase. Recommend.

on 7/8/2016 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this on my bb dupes and it gets my foundation out with just a few drops. I wear long wear foundation the EL double wear which is tough to get out but this gets it out no problem ! And a great price too

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Great stuff, I use it for my fake beauty bender and it works perfectly.

I just wet my sponge and squeeze out the water, and then pour some of this on. I work it in and then squeeze the sponge and it looks like foundation is pouring out of it. By the end, even those nasty old foundation stains are gone. So quick and easy to use, and everything feels nice and sanitary by the end of it all.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools