Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

3.5

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) • Cyclohexasiloxane • Dimethicone • Isododecane • Alcohol Denat • Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer • Phenyl Trimethicone • Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Fragrance • Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract • Limonene • Benzyl Salicylate • Synthetic Fluorphlogopite • Linalool • Benzyl Alcohol • Propylene Carbonate • Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Water • Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil • Butylphenyl Methylpropional • Aluminium Hydroxide • Hexyl Cinnamal +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been a huge fan of both luminous and lasting silk for many years but was looking for an "everyday" foundation. Something that would look more natural and provide lighter coverage. Given how much I loved the other Armani offerings I thought this would be ideal. I had read the mixed reviews online but felt confident the dryness others referred to wouldn't be an issue for me; I have combination/oily skin and a religious skincare routine! I didn't experience any dry patches, but what I did experience was incredibly dull, flat coverage. The coverage was sheer to medium as described, but dull finish meant that overall my skin looked far less glowing and natural than I had hoped for. It was disappointing on two fronts; it covered and dulled my skins natural glow and didn't provide a luminous finish like other foundations. Overall, there was nothing wrong with this foundation per se, it was just dull and average. However, given its price point and the range of better foundations out there I won't be purchasing it again.

on 3/10/2017 2:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I think this is my favourite foundation so far. It's just so light and airy and leaves the perfect matte but not overly matte look. I definitely enjoy this way more with a primer underneath, specifically the Becca ever matte otherwise I find that I get oily quick even though I'm not really that oily. Another plus is that the best method of application is which my fingers

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I felt compelled to buy this by the hype that surrounded this new liquid formula - owever the steep prive kept me hesitating for a white.
The formula is water like, that you need to control by a dropper. It is REALLY runny and you have to be fast fast fast in spreading & blending, before the volatile silicones evaporate and the foundation sets.
I normally apply this with my fingers and give a rapid blending with a clean soft kabuki brush.
That said, this is a foundation for good skin days, as it has a sheer coverage.
Of course, you can layer it, however you will still need lots of concealer.

The pros: gives a glowy finish, it feels like a feather to your skin (not heavy in the least), pigments are very forgiving (one shade adapts to various skintones), good for combo skin.

The cons: low coverage, not so easy to apply the dropper is annoying, super expensive, only for good skin days, not good for dry skins (the voaltile silicones will dry it up more).

I also tried the new version issued in 2016 (the one w/ sunscreen) but the result is practically the same.
A good foundation, but surely not my favourite one.

on 3/22/2015 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The shade I got matched with is perfect(4)! There are a few reasons why I wouldn't repurchase though. I have oily skin and this does not stay on long enough. It stays for a few hours then it dissapears. That is a big factor for me considering the price. The formula is nice, it looks very natural, almost too natural. I do need some more coverage than this. I thought it was medium but I would say that its sheer/light coverage. It leaves a slightly powdery feeling which is nice but I look so dry if I set it with powder and that is what I need to do for it to stay more than 1 hour. The bottle is beautiful and I love the dropper. I'm glad I didn't pay full price though.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I bought this after reading about it in an India Knight column. I like it and have bought it a second time already. I will say that I do not wear it during the day at work because air con and heating in an enclosed office seems to make all makeup cakey on me and I stick to the Bobbi Brown Tinted SPF 25 balm - but outside of the office, this stuff is lovely. It's very liquid in texture and looks like my skin, only better. Ive got pretty good skin (a bit red on the cheeks and slightly oily t-zone but no spots .... touch wood!) and don't need full coverage and I'd say it's medium but builds to full coverage easily. It leaves a semi-matte finish (I use it over Le Blamc de Chanel and a Chanel SPF if it's daytime) and I don't need powder at all. I think it cost me about 36 at Selfridges. You do have to blend fast. It comes in a glas bottle with a little pipette but packaging is never a priority for me as I am more concerned with what's inside. Took 1 lippie off because I did try it at the office, but to no avail.

on 11/4/2014 7:23:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

If this weren't Armani, I'd probably return it. It's just not so miraculous as the brand and price suggests.

I'm somewhere between 3 and 4, color-wise. 3 is quite pale, 4 is much darker and warmer. The SA talked me into 4 because it looked healthier (and I guess it did), but this oxidizes on me as the day goes on, so I end up appearing quite golden. I'm very neutral, so even if it looks "healthier," I think it looks weird.

If there were a 3.5, I'd be happy. It's fun to use, and elegant. I doesn't make my skin look exquisite, but my skin isn't exquisite. It does feel lovely on the skin. But I wish it matched me better.

I bought Chanel Velvet Matte the same day in Rose Beige. I am MUCH more taken with that majick potion. It's thicker and matches me. To be less subjective, it has a lovelier finish and better coverage.

on 1/17/2014 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I didn't even realize I had dry patches on my face until I wore this. Probably nice on normal/oily skin, but I find it really drying. The texture is nice, very light and silky. But on my dry skin, it looks HORRIBLE up close and the finish is dull and too matte. Even though my skin is on the dry side, I never have problems with foundations clinging like this one. It doesn't smooth over imperfections like most foundations probably because it's alcohol based. It just sinks into them.. so beware.

on 12/7/2013 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I had absolutely no plans to buy this foundation at the Cosbar in Santa Fe - I was perfectly happy with the cream stick foundation I had been using. I had been reading about it, so I decided to see how it felt. OMG! It felt like silk. My sister and I each bought a bottle of #3. We tend to go light, reason: we never see anyone whose foundation is too light, but we often see women whose foundation is too dark or orangey. We are both natural redheads, so we are fair-skinned, but makeup artists and store clerks always want us to go darker, when they themselves looks like they are wearing orangey masks. What is up with that?! Some are such beautiful girls, but so heavily made up and artificial looking. As some other reviewers have indicated, a little goes a very long way. In fact, it's amazing that something so light and gossamer can improve one's appearance so much. I simply use some (not all) of the makeup that clings to the dropper when I pull it out of the bottle. It stays on well, even in the New Mexico summer heat...even through Zumba class. I had been using cosmetic sponges with my cream foundation, but with the GA foundation, i use my fingers to quickly spread it around. It is possible to build coverage on undereye areas by lightly patting then blending some extra there. The foundation has a very nice finish. Now that I am older, I always always use moisturizer, day and night, and I have been using L'Oreal's Miracle Blur (when I remember!) as a primer. It doesn't interfere with makeup application. Sometimes I might use blush after I have allowed the foundation to "set". I bought my bottle 5 months ago and I'm pretty sure that I've only used 1/4 of it, so even though it's pricey, it lasts. I steal peeks at myself in the mirror while I drive to work. Damn, I look good!

on 11/2/2013 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to love this foundation as I'm so over heavy looking bases and want my skin to look natural but polished. Armani Face Fabric has done a really good job and is my fave base so far, so I thought Maestro Fusion might be a step up again and even better than Face Fabric but alas ...no!
Maestro Fusion applys like a dry oil and spreads beautifully giving my skin a light veil of colour (4.5 for my fair skin). However it's completely unpredictable and some days looks great but on most days it's dull, flat and disappears to nothing after a few hours. It will accentuate any dry areas so beware. I've tried all combinations of primer/no primer, finger/brush application, waiting for moisturiser to sink in/not waiting and on the days where I'm happy with it, I've totally forgotton what method I applied grrrrr!
To sum it up....it COULD be great but for me it's too much hard work to get it right and when I pay THAT much for a base it should be perfect. I recommend anyone to test first as this will look amazing on some skintypes.

on 9/13/2013 11:19:00 PM

This "foundation" is amazing and definitely a HG item for me now! I have never used anything like it. It goes on so light, almost like a moisturizer that seeps into your skin. It blends flawlessly. By the end of the night I swear my skin looked even more flawless! I could not be more impressed with this product. The coverage is def light to (at best) a modest medium. So if your skin has minor imperfections and/or you are looking for a nice evening of skin tone for a flawless finish, this is DEFINITELY the foundation for you. This product is unreal and unlike anything I have ever used. It is on the expensive side, but worth every penny!