Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

3.8

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) • Cyclohexasiloxane • Dimethicone • Isododecane • Alcohol Denat • Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer • Phenyl Trimethicone • Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Fragrance • Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract • Limonene • Benzyl Salicylate • Synthetic Fluorphlogopite • Linalool • Benzyl Alcohol • Propylene Carbonate • Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Water • Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil • Butylphenyl Methylpropional • Aluminium Hydroxide • Hexyl Cinnamal +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 2/16/2017 3:24:00 AM

This foundation is the holy grail for those that cant stand anything on their face and need medium to sheer coverage, like a better version of their skin.
Over the years I have purchased more around 10-12 foundations from the cheap drugstore ones, to the high end ones and they're all sitting full (and expired) on a shelf. I have a combo/T-zone oily skin and I am not the person who will spend a lot of time applying primers and moisturizers before the foundation itself, as I am lazy and would rather spend this time in extra minutes walking the dog or oversleeping, but first and foremost I can't stand the feeling of having anything on my face. Many layers of products and the foundation & powder on top of them, is my nightmare. I do use the Make Up Forever Step 1 Skin Equalizer, but only for the nose part.
I have been having my eye on this foundation for more than 1,5 year. This would be my last and ultimate effort in search of the right foundation and the last money I would spend. I'm glad I decided to spend 57eur on this one, as it came up to be the only foundation I can stand using and covers my needs. It has medium to sheer coverage, and would not satisfy people who need a good coverage effect. It applies very well, but I would suggest you rather use a firm flat brush instead of the sponge, as it applies way better and minimizes the cake effect. Actually, I have not noticed any cake effect for the 10 hours I am wearing this, so this is another plus. I like to finish it with a translucent powder, as it really gives this nice matte look and doesn't change my natural color to some orangey, yellowish hue. I am going for a very natural look, a better version of my skin, and would rather have some red spots here and there showing, so if you need compete coverage, again... the GA Fusion is not for you.
I didn't find it hard to apply and it doesn't set as quickly as some other users have written, but then again it all depends on how much time you spend doing your make up.
The bottle is a potential deal beaker, I don't like the fact that I have to wipe the fluid (the texture is very liquidy) of the pipette with my finger and the bottle stays open for as long as I'm applying it on my face. I find the liquid formulas way much better for combo skin,that thick formulas. I have also purchased the Bourjois healthy Skin mix foundation, that has great reviews here and combo skin users swear by, but it definitely didn't work on my face, as I cant apply it well, it oxidizes and changes color during the day and will leave you oily pretty soon.
The FA Fusion holds very well during the day, let's be honest there's nothing you can do and no product launched yet that will give you flawless, matte look for the entire day, and I don't even apply more powder during the day. I just go with what I applied in the morning.
You need to have your skin moisturized before applying, but if you can't stand anything on your face just like me, I would suggest moisturizing the night before and washing your face well before applying the foundation. If you use a good moisturizer and you have combo/oily skin, your face should not be dry and flaky the next morning (probably, as every person is different).
No stains on your clothes or fingers, I touch my face all the time, and responds very well to sweat. Well moderate sweat I guess, I have not (and will not) tried it with 32C/90F, as I live in a hot Mediterranean country and would not want to look like a clown when it can get up to 40C/104F easily in the summer.
Overall, until they find the perfect formula for flawless, matte skin all day, this is the last foundation I will probably ever buy in my life. It is well worth the investment (VERY pricey) and if you're thinking going for a dupe or a similar one which promises the same results, I would recommend saving the money to buy the GA Fusion.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I felt compelled to buy this by the hype that surrounded this new liquid formula - owever the steep prive kept me hesitating for a white.
The formula is water like, that you need to control by a dropper. It is REALLY runny and you have to be fast fast fast in spreading & blending, before the volatile silicones evaporate and the foundation sets.
I normally apply this with my fingers and give a rapid blending with a clean soft kabuki brush.
That said, this is a foundation for good skin days, as it has a sheer coverage.
Of course, you can layer it, however you will still need lots of concealer.

The pros: gives a glowy finish, it feels like a feather to your skin (not heavy in the least), pigments are very forgiving (one shade adapts to various skintones), good for combo skin.

The cons: low coverage, not so easy to apply the dropper is annoying, super expensive, only for good skin days, not good for dry skins (the voaltile silicones will dry it up more).

I also tried the new version issued in 2016 (the one w/ sunscreen) but the result is practically the same.
A good foundation, but surely not my favourite one.

on 12/31/2016 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

After hesitating for quite some time, I gritted my teeth and bought this.

Asian woman, mid 30's, strong yellow undertone,NC25-30, dry & acne prone skin on U area, normal-slightly oily skin on T area.

I got it in shade 5.5 which is described as warm-neutral, but i am certain this is one hair more beige than yellow but it is forgiven since 5 is too light and 6.5 is too dark.

It smells familiar, I think it is quite similar with Revlon Touch and Glow foundation from the 80's.

You might like it if:
- you are searching for 'my skin but way better' liquid foundation.
Because this is what I was looking for. I am so done with covering my skin imperfections with full-coverage foundations just to wipe it off in the end of the day and there they are. "Oh hello,miss us?"
GA maestro only gives you sheer coverage, medium if you want to put some layering but I dont want to work my butt off any more, ever again.
It gives you semi-matte finish. Very silky to the touch and it's just your skin. But way better.

It is also peculiar that I find it doesnt wreak havoc on the dry parts of my skin, because this foundation is highly reccommended for those with normal/oily skin, not dry skin.

-you're lazy like me.
I always find putting primer is too much of a work. Not to mention finding the right primer for my hellish skin. GA Maestro saves me from all those.
It has primer in it hence the name, and I find my skin doesnt have any problem with the silicone inside this foundation so I'm beyond happy

As for the packaging, I actually like the pipette and for application I only use my fingertips. One less brush to wash. Yay.
It stays on, needs a light blotting on the nose in about 6 hours but Im fine with it.

You might dont want it if you:
- want a medium-full coverage foundation
- hate the pipette
-actually dont mind with primer

The only bad thing about this foundation is the price tag. Bloody hell.

on 9/2/2016 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really hated this foundation at first. I used to apply it with my fingertips and ended up with almost no coverage whatsoever.

However ever since applying it with my Morphe e54 brush I've fallen in love with it! It gives the most natural finish and a "your skin but better" feel and it is definitely buildable. The only downside is that it's on the matte side so you need to exfoliate and moisturize your face prior to applying it unless you have oily skin. But other than that it's fantastic!

on 5/10/2016 5:05:00 AM

The texture of the formula is quite thin and also has good coverage. But since I stopped using it, I noticed that my skin does not get as many spots as it did with using this foundation. I will not buy this product again and am looking for a lightweight foundation for work purposes only.

I heard Charlotte Tilbury's Light wonder foundation is good so I will give that a try.

My favourite day time foundation. I bought it a few years ago but the colour was too dark so I gave it to a friend who savoured every bit then I recently gave in to spending £40 on another bottle after Lancome's Air De Teint couldn't substitute for it. Wouldn't wear it as a going out at night foundation as it looked shiny in pictures (could be the spf). The smell is also a little off putting but it literally feels like you're not wearing any makeup, gives a natural, flawless no makeup look.

on 2/15/2016 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This Giorgio Armani Maestro fusion makeup is not a new product for me. However I haven't review it at all. And my bottle is finishing in may be couple of weeks.
At first I didn't really like it. The reason why was I used to have large pores. And I need to use those filling primer under. By the end of the day my nose it will get really oily.
And I didn't like to the finish on my nose area, seems like it never blend well on the nose.
Then it everything changed when I went to the Giorgio Armani counter in Australia. (Bought it in Hong Kong, and the girl was not helpful at all, they were too busy selling for the Mainland chinese) the Guy in Australia said I should not need to put a primer before the foundation. It should be holding up ok. This is a product specially good for oily combo to oily skin. And should fill the pores and make them looks smaller as well.
Since my pores are getting smaller these days. I went home, and tried not to use primer on the next day.
OMG it looks so much better. And last looking good for much longer time as well.
It used to last may be 2-3 hours before fresh after application. Now it last at least 5-6 hours depend on how hot and I much I sweat during the day, since I work as a waiter.
And the pores look so much better.

It does worth every cent of it.

I love it so much.

Special without the primer. It is so nice to put it on. And easy to put it on still. Shades are great.

on 10/15/2015 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I recently tried this foundation and I find it very similar to Dior's Nude Air Serum (except for the price; the Dior retails for $53 in Canada, while the GA is $68). Everything from the consistency, coverage, bottle shape (with the eye dropper), longevity of wear as well as finish was similar between the two.

To give you an idea of my typical application process: I wash my face in the morning and apply the Murad oil control moisturizer and then foundation on top of that with a damp beauty blender. I finish off with a light dusting of the ELF translucent HD powder.

I am quite a fan of the maestro, especially if you have oily skin and are looking for something that has a more natural finish and don't want to continuously look in the mirror and see a grease pan. However I wouldn't not repurchase this product simply because the Dior does exactly the same thing, at a lower price.

NOTE: There seems to be a lot of reviewers that say that flash photography does not agree with this foundation so that's just something to think about before purchasing.

on 9/28/2015 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Love is foundation! So natural looking. Warning, if you have any dry spots, then the foundation will highlight. I wear color 5.5 is Luminous Silk but 6.5 in Maestro. Kind of wish the bottle had a pump or some other kind of dispensing method as the little dropper is awkward. I find that I shake it up really well, and then sort of wipe the stick part of the dropper on my face. I'm probably using much more than necessary doing it this way, but I keep doing it. Lol.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

There are times that I am just terribly tired of my foundation routine that i have grown tired of achieving that perfectly refined skintone from applying a foundation. There are days that i wanna see my scars and i wanna be realistic . And i thought that this foundation would be it. Well im still kinda making myself know it and love it. Ive seen countless of women raved about it and ive seen how the tiny drops would refine their whole aura. And i have wanted that to happen to me . Checking the blog swatches, i thought that fhe shade 7 was perfect because I got 6.5 from luminous silk and i thought that was light . But Holy Effin god the color was extremely dark. I only bought it online since we dont have much here in this small town called Mackay but yeah. It was dark like chocolate drink kinda dark. I swear i was flabergasted . It's got a red undertones to it as well. However i love the way it blends on my skin. Like omg it's a dreamy feeling except the color. I would have raved for it more except that it reeks of gasoline . No joke! Ahhh what do chemists do to foundations . Are they like "hey let's make this FOUNDATION A smell like smelly socks just because we can". Seriously please let's make the foundation an avenue of a pleasant experience. A gasoline smell is not a pleasant experience for me haha. But yeah good job GA! I love it.