Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

3.8

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) • Cyclohexasiloxane • Dimethicone • Isododecane • Alcohol Denat • Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer • Phenyl Trimethicone • Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Fragrance • Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract • Limonene • Benzyl Salicylate • Synthetic Fluorphlogopite • Linalool • Benzyl Alcohol • Propylene Carbonate • Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Water • Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil • Butylphenyl Methylpropional • Aluminium Hydroxide • Hexyl Cinnamal +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 9/2/2016 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really hated this foundation at first. I used to apply it with my fingertips and ended up with almost no coverage whatsoever.

However ever since applying it with my Morphe e54 brush I've fallen in love with it! It gives the most natural finish and a "your skin but better" feel and it is definitely buildable. The only downside is that it's on the matte side so you need to exfoliate and moisturize your face prior to applying it unless you have oily skin. But other than that it's fantastic!

on 5/10/2016 5:05:00 AM

The texture of the formula is quite thin and also has good coverage. But since I stopped using it, I noticed that my skin does not get as many spots as it did with using this foundation. I will not buy this product again and am looking for a lightweight foundation for work purposes only.

I heard Charlotte Tilbury's Light wonder foundation is good so I will give that a try.

To Read all 152 Reviews, Login or Join

My favourite day time foundation. I bought it a few years ago but the colour was too dark so I gave it to a friend who savoured every bit then I recently gave in to spending £40 on another bottle after Lancome's Air De Teint couldn't substitute for it. Wouldn't wear it as a going out at night foundation as it looked shiny in pictures (could be the spf). The smell is also a little off putting but it literally feels like you're not wearing any makeup, gives a natural, flawless no makeup look.

on 2/15/2016 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This Giorgio Armani Maestro fusion makeup is not a new product for me. However I haven't review it at all. And my bottle is finishing in may be couple of weeks.
At first I didn't really like it. The reason why was I used to have large pores. And I need to use those filling primer under. By the end of the day my nose it will get really oily.
And I didn't like to the finish on my nose area, seems like it never blend well on the nose.
Then it everything changed when I went to the Giorgio Armani counter in Australia. (Bought it in Hong Kong, and the girl was not helpful at all, they were too busy selling for the Mainland chinese) the Guy in Australia said I should not need to put a primer before the foundation. It should be holding up ok. This is a product specially good for oily combo to oily skin. And should fill the pores and make them looks smaller as well.
Since my pores are getting smaller these days. I went home, and tried not to use primer on the next day.
OMG it looks so much better. And last looking good for much longer time as well.
It used to last may be 2-3 hours before fresh after application. Now it last at least 5-6 hours depend on how hot and I much I sweat during the day, since I work as a waiter.
And the pores look so much better.

It does worth every cent of it.

I love it so much.

Special without the primer. It is so nice to put it on. And easy to put it on still. Shades are great.

on 10/15/2015 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I recently tried this foundation and I find it very similar to Dior's Nude Air Serum (except for the price; the Dior retails for $53 in Canada, while the GA is $68). Everything from the consistency, coverage, bottle shape (with the eye dropper), longevity of wear as well as finish was similar between the two.

To give you an idea of my typical application process: I wash my face in the morning and apply the Murad oil control moisturizer and then foundation on top of that with a damp beauty blender. I finish off with a light dusting of the ELF translucent HD powder.

I am quite a fan of the maestro, especially if you have oily skin and are looking for something that has a more natural finish and don't want to continuously look in the mirror and see a grease pan. However I wouldn't not repurchase this product simply because the Dior does exactly the same thing, at a lower price.

NOTE: There seems to be a lot of reviewers that say that flash photography does not agree with this foundation so that's just something to think about before purchasing.

on 9/28/2015 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Love is foundation! So natural looking. Warning, if you have any dry spots, then the foundation will highlight. I wear color 5.5 is Luminous Silk but 6.5 in Maestro. Kind of wish the bottle had a pump or some other kind of dispensing method as the little dropper is awkward. I find that I shake it up really well, and then sort of wipe the stick part of the dropper on my face. I'm probably using much more than necessary doing it this way, but I keep doing it. Lol.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

There are times that I am just terribly tired of my foundation routine that i have grown tired of achieving that perfectly refined skintone from applying a foundation. There are days that i wanna see my scars and i wanna be realistic . And i thought that this foundation would be it. Well im still kinda making myself know it and love it. Ive seen countless of women raved about it and ive seen how the tiny drops would refine their whole aura. And i have wanted that to happen to me . Checking the blog swatches, i thought that fhe shade 7 was perfect because I got 6.5 from luminous silk and i thought that was light . But Holy Effin god the color was extremely dark. I only bought it online since we dont have much here in this small town called Mackay but yeah. It was dark like chocolate drink kinda dark. I swear i was flabergasted . It's got a red undertones to it as well. However i love the way it blends on my skin. Like omg it's a dreamy feeling except the color. I would have raved for it more except that it reeks of gasoline . No joke! Ahhh what do chemists do to foundations . Are they like "hey let's make this FOUNDATION A smell like smelly socks just because we can". Seriously please let's make the foundation an avenue of a pleasant experience. A gasoline smell is not a pleasant experience for me haha. But yeah good job GA! I love it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Most expensive, yet the worst, foundation I have ever purchased. It slithers all over my skin when I am trying to blend it, and within a minute has settled into, and highlighted, every pore on my face - not just enlarged ones - every pore. It goes on looking like a good colour match, but settles into pores in little pale dots. It also settles into every crease and line. I had to purchase an expensive primer to go under it- but it has made very little difference to results. Having spent approx $110 NZ dollars on it I am stuck with it until it runs out. I cant even imagine who they had in mind when they created this awful formula.

I hate the dropper applicator! I returned this to Nordstrom after a week of use. I came to Nordstrom wanting to buy the luminous silk, but was convinced by the sales associate that I should use the maestro since I am oily. I thought this would be a gem, but I hated it. It looked so weird on my skin. I used my fingers, as the sales associate said I must do for the best look. It didn't cover well for me and felt heavy, even though I used very little. I switched to Luminous Silk foundation and fell in love. Great color matches, but just not for me.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This product is damn expensive, and I have high expectation on this.
I like this product as it gives you natural semi matt look and it will gets healthy-dewy look at the end of the day. However, I don't think it gives you a great coverage, and i use a drops for the whole face rather than dots it directly on my face's sections. I would not repurchase this item as it is very pricey and wanted to try other products and prefer bb creams rather than foundation. hope this helps.