Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

3.8

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) • Cyclohexasiloxane • Dimethicone • Isododecane • Alcohol Denat • Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer • Phenyl Trimethicone • Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Fragrance • Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract • Limonene • Benzyl Salicylate • Synthetic Fluorphlogopite • Linalool • Benzyl Alcohol • Propylene Carbonate • Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Water • Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil • Butylphenyl Methylpropional • Aluminium Hydroxide • Hexyl Cinnamal +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS ALUMINUM!!! Aluminum is linked with Alzheimer's. I loved this foundation but it's not worth that risk! Shame on Armani!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had wanted this for a long time and bit the bullet when I realized my Lancome Nude Miracle was discontinued. I love an eyedropper liquid-to-powder foundation, and this is a good one. It is spendy, but if you buy foundation once a year, why not. I love how it feels on the face. I can see what people mean about "flatness" but I can use a bronzer and feel fine.
I got this at the start of summer and was nervous it would be heavy once I put it all over, but it is still super light. It is a MSBB for me as well. I got shade 5.5.
I doubt it will travel well, but I can use something else on trips. This is great for everyday.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my all time favorite foundation. A semi-matte/yet luminous finish. My skin looks like skin but better when I wear this foundation. My only complaint is that you do need to moisturize well before applying this product. May cling to dry patches. This foundation may not suite those with dry skin. So be careful!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

It was a Thursday night, I had a spring wedding to go on Saturday, and my last drop of foundation was due to be gone sometime Friday morning. After many years of frustrating foundation-hopping, I had found a pretty good match with the MUFE Ultra HD Invisible foundation in Y235, but my shade was sold out and in that moment of mini-panic, I said "oh what the heck, buy a $64 foundation. It'll have to be good."

And it was. It was so so so good. I have oily-combination skin with acne, scarring, and redness, and this totally evened everything out to give the appearance of radiant and healthy skin. It does not give a "flawless" heavy full-coverage look, but instead something that's bright and natural. I also like the dropper and that application is with your fingers. It's non-fussy and also stays put for hours with almost no oxidation.

I used this throughout the summer and repurchased after I ran out in four months. This did give me dry patches in the winter despite using a good moisturizer, so I switched over to something else slightly more suited for winter dryness (Chanel CC Cream in 20 which I like but doesn't stack up to this at all in the brightening department). I'm looking forward to using this again when the heat and humidity come back.

This is obviously expensive, but I love the look and weightless feel of it so much that the price tag almost (almost!) seems justified. Again, I have and have had problem skin for many years and have tried many, many, many different foundations. I haven't found anything that can remotely compare to this (haven't tried Luminous Silk). If it weren't for the dry patches, I'd still be using it.

My skin is fair with yellow undertones and I used shade #2.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been a huge fan of both luminous and lasting silk for many years but was looking for an "everyday" foundation. Something that would look more natural and provide lighter coverage. Given how much I loved the other Armani offerings I thought this would be ideal. I had read the mixed reviews online but felt confident the dryness others referred to wouldn't be an issue for me; I have combination/oily skin and a religious skincare routine! I didn't experience any dry patches, but what I did experience was incredibly dull, flat coverage. The coverage was sheer to medium as described, but dull finish meant that overall my skin looked far less glowing and natural than I had hoped for. It was disappointing on two fronts; it covered and dulled my skins natural glow and didn't provide a luminous finish like other foundations. Overall, there was nothing wrong with this foundation per se, it was just dull and average. However, given its price point and the range of better foundations out there I won't be purchasing it again.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Getting ready to purchase my third bottle! Pros, 4.5 color suits me very well and manages to make my skin look nice. It's very thin but has a medium coverage which lasts me 12 hours. Gives a perfected natural look. No enhancing wrinkles. Cons price, and it will enhance dry patches so need to exfoliate and moisturizer well. For me a holy grail. In summer I do mix with maestro glow 4 which is darker and glowier for a summery look.
6/19/17 h
Haven't used this in months as I thought it was too dry for me now, but Loving this all over again as the summer heats up. Wears so well for me, needs no touch up and doesn't melt. Thinking of getting another bottle but if I can get make what I have last I will because as soon as the sun goes down I'll be looking for my next love!

on 3/10/2017 2:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I think this is my favourite foundation so far. It's just so light and airy and leaves the perfect matte but not overly matte look. I definitely enjoy this way more with a primer underneath, specifically the Becca ever matte otherwise I find that I get oily quick even though I'm not really that oily. Another plus is that the best method of application is which my fingers

on 2/16/2017 3:24:00 AM

This foundation is the holy grail for those that cant stand anything on their face and need medium to sheer coverage, like a better version of their skin.
Over the years I have purchased more around 10-12 foundations from the cheap drugstore ones, to the high end ones and they're all sitting full (and expired) on a shelf. I have a combo/T-zone oily skin and I am not the person who will spend a lot of time applying primers and moisturizers before the foundation itself, as I am lazy and would rather spend this time in extra minutes walking the dog or oversleeping, but first and foremost I can't stand the feeling of having anything on my face. Many layers of products and the foundation & powder on top of them, is my nightmare. I do use the Make Up Forever Step 1 Skin Equalizer, but only for the nose part.
I have been having my eye on this foundation for more than 1,5 year. This would be my last and ultimate effort in search of the right foundation and the last money I would spend. I'm glad I decided to spend 57eur on this one, as it came up to be the only foundation I can stand using and covers my needs. It has medium to sheer coverage, and would not satisfy people who need a good coverage effect. It applies very well, but I would suggest you rather use a firm flat brush instead of the sponge, as it applies way better and minimizes the cake effect. Actually, I have not noticed any cake effect for the 10 hours I am wearing this, so this is another plus. I like to finish it with a translucent powder, as it really gives this nice matte look and doesn't change my natural color to some orangey, yellowish hue. I am going for a very natural look, a better version of my skin, and would rather have some red spots here and there showing, so if you need compete coverage, again... the GA Fusion is not for you.
I didn't find it hard to apply and it doesn't set as quickly as some other users have written, but then again it all depends on how much time you spend doing your make up.
The bottle is a potential deal beaker, I don't like the fact that I have to wipe the fluid (the texture is very liquidy) of the pipette with my finger and the bottle stays open for as long as I'm applying it on my face. I find the liquid formulas way much better for combo skin,that thick formulas. I have also purchased the Bourjois healthy Skin mix foundation, that has great reviews here and combo skin users swear by, but it definitely didn't work on my face, as I cant apply it well, it oxidizes and changes color during the day and will leave you oily pretty soon.
The FA Fusion holds very well during the day, let's be honest there's nothing you can do and no product launched yet that will give you flawless, matte look for the entire day, and I don't even apply more powder during the day. I just go with what I applied in the morning.
You need to have your skin moisturized before applying, but if you can't stand anything on your face just like me, I would suggest moisturizing the night before and washing your face well before applying the foundation. If you use a good moisturizer and you have combo/oily skin, your face should not be dry and flaky the next morning (probably, as every person is different).
No stains on your clothes or fingers, I touch my face all the time, and responds very well to sweat. Well moderate sweat I guess, I have not (and will not) tried it with 32C/90F, as I live in a hot Mediterranean country and would not want to look like a clown when it can get up to 40C/104F easily in the summer.
Overall, until they find the perfect formula for flawless, matte skin all day, this is the last foundation I will probably ever buy in my life. It is well worth the investment (VERY pricey) and if you're thinking going for a dupe or a similar one which promises the same results, I would recommend saving the money to buy the GA Fusion.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I felt compelled to buy this by the hype that surrounded this new liquid formula - owever the steep prive kept me hesitating for a white.
The formula is water like, that you need to control by a dropper. It is REALLY runny and you have to be fast fast fast in spreading & blending, before the volatile silicones evaporate and the foundation sets.
I normally apply this with my fingers and give a rapid blending with a clean soft kabuki brush.
That said, this is a foundation for good skin days, as it has a sheer coverage.
Of course, you can layer it, however you will still need lots of concealer.

The pros: gives a glowy finish, it feels like a feather to your skin (not heavy in the least), pigments are very forgiving (one shade adapts to various skintones), good for combo skin.

The cons: low coverage, not so easy to apply the dropper is annoying, super expensive, only for good skin days, not good for dry skins (the voaltile silicones will dry it up more).

I also tried the new version issued in 2016 (the one w/ sunscreen) but the result is practically the same.
A good foundation, but surely not my favourite one.

on 12/31/2016 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

After hesitating for quite some time, I gritted my teeth and bought this.

Asian woman, mid 30's, strong yellow undertone,NC25-30, dry & acne prone skin on U area, normal-slightly oily skin on T area.

I got it in shade 5.5 which is described as warm-neutral, but i am certain this is one hair more beige than yellow but it is forgiven since 5 is too light and 6.5 is too dark.

It smells familiar, I think it is quite similar with Revlon Touch and Glow foundation from the 80's.