LORAC PRO Palette

Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.5

on 6/27/2015 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I really struggle with my feelings on the LORAC Pro Palette. I really, really want to love it. It's got a wonderful array of neutral shades with a few pops of color thrown in for good measure. Taupe is the best for my crease. There's so many things I, in theory, should love about this palette.

But the truth is, I don't really love it. I like it so-so, but it's not a love. I can't say that I would never repurchase it because I'm technically on my second one, but it's a regret buy. I exchanged my first one on Reddit's /r/makeupexchange and I'll likely be doing it again with this one as well.

Here's the main problem: the colors just come out muddy within a few hours of wearing them. I've experimented with primers (LORAC, Too Faced, UD, NARS, etc.), MAC Paint Pots, etc. and the result is the same. I've mixed up how I blend: very little amounts, excessive amounts, the result comes out to be the same. Within hours, the color is one, large, taupe-y blah mess on me.

The colors are lovely and have decent pigmentation, but if they can't stay the colors I'm looking for, I don't necessarily know that it's worth me buying and using still. Even the darkest shades become dull and gray-colored after a few hours of wear.

It's a good work horse palette, though. The shades are great neutrals and it's solid for those with conservative work environments, but still able to play nice if you're looking for a night on the town or some fun with your looks.

Pros:

- Nice mix of mattes and satins
- Taupe is the most wonderful crease shade (for those on the lighter end of the skintone spectrum)
- Decent pigmentation
- Great for any kind of work environment

Cons:

- After few hours of wear, colors become muddied even with different primers/Paint Pots/bases, etc.

on 10/30/2014 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have pined after this for a few years, but it's not available in Australia, so when I found it on Amazon with shipping to Australia for $42 (plus shipping) I couldn't resist. It's so beautiful, a little goes a long way, the shadows are buttery and not chalky. They're easy to blend and I love that there are 50% matte shades. The shimmer shades are lovely they're wearable shimmers, not glittery in your face ones that are apparent in other popular palettes. The shades work together wonderfully so no matter your make up skill level you could use this no worries. The bonus eye shadow primer is great too, my shadow stayed fresh looking until it was time to remove it at bedtime. Side note if you buy off Amazon- their packaging for postage is poor I've heard many reports of broken palettes bring received. Mine was okay, but just so you know.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really like it, I never really owned anything high end (and this IS high end for me) except small UD pallete and I really love this one. Use it every day, the colors are beautiful and a little goes a long way.

on 7/21/2014 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love my Lorac pro palette. The shadows are buttery smooth and highly pigmented. They blend easily and last all day.
All the colors in this palette are fantastic but the nude is a bit chalky compared to the rest.
I love the variety of looks possible. My usual day look is cream all over the lid, taupe in the crease and mauve to blend.
This summer I've really been loving the gold and garnet to bring out my blue eyes. Pewter is another one of my top shades in the palette.

on 2/17/2014 5:37:00 PM

This is one of the best palettes out there for both the shadow quality and the range of colors. I have not found one that compares. The mixture of mattes and shimmers make this a palette that you will find yourself using day after day, while your sparklebomb Naked palette gathers dust.

For people complaining about fallout - with ANY high quality darker shadow, you have to be really careful when applying or it will get all over your face! I've tried SO many shadows, and this formula is anything but fallout-prone. I normally give people the benefit of the doubt but I just can't agree that fallout is an issue.

If you're thinking about getting this one, don't hesitate! At $42 it is really a steal. Think about how many crappy drugstore quads you've bought for $5-10 over the years - with this palette you'll never go back to the low-end stuff.

on 12/8/2013 10:41:00 AM

I was really surprised about the quality of these shadows. They have really good pigmentation even the lightest ones. I do have a little blending problems with the dark shades. Also there is some fallout but I have it with every eyeshadow that I own. Packaging is very sleek and nice but it gets dirty easily.

I'm going to be a downer, and I think I'm just too picky.

I use it all the time, but mostly just because I spent so much money on it that I feel obligated to use it. I never get particularly excited about using it.

The eyeshadows are way too soft. I feel like I'm wasting a ton of the already small shadows by the cloud of powder that spills everywhere whenever I even lightly dip a brush into one.

The shadows look pigmented when swatched, but they're so soft and powdery that there is tons of fallout. If you tap off the brush to avoid fallout, all the eyeshadow is gone and there's none left on the brush to apply to your eyelid.

Then when you try to blend them, because they're so soft, all the pigment disappears and it all just blends into a muddy-looking blur.

I wish I had returned it when I had the chance.

The best palette I've EVER owned. I'm more of a matte shadow type of gal, so I was so excited to see that half the palette was matte colors! (as opposed to most palettes, where there's like 2 or 3 out of 12 that are matte) The colors are beautiful and I have come up with tons and tons of completely different looks using this palette. The packaging could be a little better, it is flimsy, but it doesn't bother me. I will absolutely 100% repurchase this once I start hitting pan on some of my favorite shades! 5 lippy's for Lorac Pro Palette! :-)

Love this palette. The fact that is has equal amounts of matte and shimmer colors is what makes the difference. They are a tad "powdery" but they apply beautifully and blend really, really well. Very pigmented too.

The only thing I would change is to have more of a matte light brown/tan shade (I am fair skinned, so the matte browns are dark on me) BUT you can't please everyone! I especially love the mauve colors - sooo pretty!! You can make any look with this - simple, smokey, easy, neutral, dramatic....anything really. Love it and SO glad I splurged on this beauty.

on 1/27/2013 3:23:00 PM

Overall, this is a really nice palette. I bought it off a friend that barely used it at all. I LOVE the shimmer shades the most but that being said there is a nice selection of mattes. I find some of the matte shades to be a little on the chalky side but ALL the colors blend BEAUTIFULLY. The black could be a lil more black...it is like a dark grey on my lids. Also the slate grey color comes off with more of a blueish tinge that is pretty but doesnt match the black or the browns as much as I would like. On its own though it is super pretty. The intensity of the shadows is spectacular. The primer that comes with it is decent. It isn't my favorite but is still effective :)

Popular Palettes