LORAC PRO Palette

LORAC PRO Palette
Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is such an amazing palette. This being my first makeup palette, it was such a good decision buying this. All the colors are extremely buttery and heavily pigmented. The only dud in the palette is the color champagne. It has waaayy too much fallout, which sucks bc it's a beautiful color. This is an absolutely perfect palette to begin with and it's very high quality. Even the primer that comes with it is very good and although it's small, it has lasted me two years. You get a good selection of mattes and shimmers and no two colors are alike. Even though the case gets dirty easily, I like how sleek it is and easy to travel with. Good price for what you get!!

on 5/18/2016 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I own a LOT (translation: ridiculous amount) of eyeshadows & eyeshadow palettes. I feel that if you were only going to buy one palette - this would be the one I would recommend. It truly covers all the bases. You have an equal amount of shimmers and mattes. There are highlight shades, crease/blending/transition shades, liner shades, lid shades, smokey shades, neutrals, etc. There's a good variety & range of colors that I think will suit all skintones. The shadow quality is nice & typical Lorac - very soft, pigmented, and blendable. These do definitely last all day on me, although I always use an eyeshadow primer. The packaging is a sleek black cardboard palette with a mirror. The shadow pans are slightly smaller than some other palettes (UD Nakeds, for example), but you still get a nice variety & amount. I enjoy this palette, and I would definitely repurchase it.

on 4/27/2016 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I guess im in a reviewing mood this evening and had to include this palette. I own quite a bit of eyeshadow palettes and reach for my Lorac and MACs most often. This original pro palette is my favorite. The colors are super pigmented and glide on with just a slight hand. I prefer cool tone grays and plums, but also like layering the warmer colors in this palette to keep the cooler colors from looking to harsh.

What I love most about this palette is how the colors translate. The plum doesn't look purple it instead reads as a beautiful smokey gray plum. It's a really sophiscated palette with amazing color payoff without looking like Barbie (no offense lol). If you are a newbie to eyeshadow palettes this might be intimidating at first but I think is great palette to learn from. Lorac in my opinion has the best eyeshadows-super pigmented, silky finish and great staying power.

on 2/23/2016 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I deliberated over and researched this palette to death for over two months, and finally pulled the trigger. I don't have access to LORAC where I live so I had to buy it sight unseen with only the reviews and swatches to go on. Needless to say I was excited. I had one LORAC palette before (Miss Davenporte) and while I love the texture of their shadows I found the colour selection not so great for my skintone.

Anyway on to this palette. While the quality of the shadows is good, with pretty decent colour payoff, I just don't get excited when I use this palette. In fact, I kind of have singles of most of these colours already in my collection, and in some cases better versions of the colours. My favourite shades so far have been Mauve, which is an interesting medium shade, and a surprise like was Garnet which I had anticipated ignoring altogether since I don't usually use red eyeshadow. Oh and I really love Slate, even though I have similar colours, it is just a very flattering blue-grey shimmer.

I was most disappointed in the light wash colours like Nude, Champagne and Cream. They appeared a bit grainy on my eyelid instead of smoothly, and I still ended up buying an eyeshadow single to meet my all over wash needs.

So I was a little let down by this palette because I expected it to be really amazing based on all the reviews. Perhaps, if you already have a lot of these colours, you can give it a skip. It's certainly a great palette if you don't already have a tonne of eyeshadow, as I admittedly do, and the quality of the product is good for the price.

Just one last note, the shadows are packed rather loosely and a lot of product is kicked up by makeup brushes, so all you need to do is tap lightly to pick up colour. I see this as a minus because I think a lot of product is wasted this way.

on 2/18/2016 1:38:00 AM

Pros:
1. Unbelievable texture! Very soft and buttery!
2. Amazing color payoff.
3. Very blendable.
4. Wonderful selection of colors! Very dynamic.
5. Comes with a primer.
6. Has a large mirror for ease in application.

Cons:
1. The matte rubber packaging attracts dirt, glitter, and powder! Similar to Nars packaging.
2. Expensive.

I love this palette more than my Urban Decay Naked 3 and Smoky. This is cheaper than the UD palettes but I have to say, personally, I love the texture and application of Lorac shadows than UD. This is a must have for beauty junkies and collectors! I hope you'll love this as much as I do. :)

on 2/11/2016 1:37:00 PM

Very pigmented colors that are also good for every day use. I was gifted this and the Urban Decay Naked 1 palette at the same time so it's been interesting to compare the two. A lot of colors are similar but this palette does feel overall more pigmented and I like the mattes. The only little thing is the color Champane is very dusty for some reason and kind of gets outside its little square a lot.

The packaging gets SOO dirty and smudgy though, after 1 week it looked like I'd been using it for months. Kind of annoying!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I only recently bought this as a Christmas gift............... for myself. I've been wanting it for quite a while but couldn't get myself to do it. I'm a neutrals girl though so I knew my self-control would only last for so long.

The reason why I eventually gave in was because I moved away to a dorm this year. I only go home about once a month so I have to carefully choose what makeup to bring each time. (I switch it up each time.) I knew I couldn't bring a bunch of singles or a bunch of palettes. I needed something that I could do a bunch of different looks with! So... I went for it.

At first, I was a little shocked. This palette is so hyped up so I expected great things. The texture of these shadows are a DREAM - they are soft and buttery. The only downside I found with using this palette was the staying power. I found that the shadows creased throughout the day, even with just using powder. But, I found a solution: I set my eye primer with some powder and I'm good to go. I just thought that detail was important.

Mauve and Taupe are my favorite crease and transition shades. They look great on the skin.

I would recommend this for those who want to have a one-stop palette.

on 1/2/2016 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have been eyeing this palette for 2 years and my boyfriend bought it for me recently. Last Christmas my older sister had bought me a little Lorac kit that included little eyeshadows and I just knew I had to have a Lorac palette.
These eyeshadows are so buttery and pigmented and sooo easy to blend. I love how there is a complete row of matte shades and a complete row of shimmery shades. This is a good first high-end palette for anyone. I highly recommend it to anybody wondering what palette to buy first. It fits all skintones and for the price ($42 for 16 shadows in comparison to other palettes that are at least $45) this is wonderful! I absolutely love it! You can create so many looks and the colors seem like they're nothing special, but no other palette covers such a wide range of color. My only cons are that I don't really like the purple shade, but I will have to play around with it. I also don't like how the packaging gets so dirty, but I do love how sleek and simple it is. I think that out of all the eyeshadow palettes out there, this is a must have in any collection.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like this palette a lot. But I would not repurchase since Its so expensive and I have most of these colors in other palettes. AND I have cheaper dupes for these shades.

on 10/23/2015 8:31:00 AM

I would give this a 3.5 or even a 3.75 if I could. I do like this, but for my purposes it is not really an ideal palette. I love the LORAC shadow formula, but because a lot of these colors are mid tones, it is very easy to get muddy looks with this. I also think the colors with the exception of gold, garnet, and light bronze (these are are some of the standout shades) run on the cool side, and I just don't like that with my coloring. It is not the most flattering on me.

I do really like the mid tone mattes and all of the dark colors, so that is a plus. Taupe and mauve are great transition shades. I do love pewter, because it is a nice mix of gray and brown without turning plum (this is a huge issue with me and taupes) and I love how slate and purple are dark shimmers that blend well without fallout.

My biggest issues are the light colors. There are too many. White is too stark for my uses, but good if you want a pigmented white. Cream and light pink are nice base shades, but I really don't need two base shades in a palette that are so close to each other. Nude and champagne are huge fails on me. Both are very similar and very frosty light colors. They appear to be a white frost on me. I need some color with lighter shades, these wash me out. Champagne has the added sin of glitter fallout. The light shades in Pro 2 are an excellent example of making lighter shades that still have differences on my skin, and I was so disappointed because Nude and Champagne do look beautiful in the pan.

Overall, I far prefer Pro 2 because of the versatility. If you like the color selection in this palette it is a good choice because the LORAC formula is amazing, but beware that the first four to five colors on the left are all very similar.