Revlon Colorstay 16-hour Eyeshadow Quad - Addictive

Revlon Colorstay 16-hour Eyeshadow Quad - Addictive

3.6

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've used Revlon Colorstay Eyeshadows since they first came out. The quality is excellent, the color payoff is great, and they last long with and without primer. However, the colors of the Addictive quad do not look good on me at all. I'm light olive, somewhere between NC20 and NW20. The colors looked muddy and lifeless on my skin tone, no matter what combinations I used them in.

I know every color combination isn't gong to be a winner for me. The product is otherwise great. I'd repurchase other Colorstay shadows, just not Addictive.

on 9/20/2015 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

So, I've been on a makeup overhaul kick lately. I decided to give Revlon another try. While I do like these shadows overall using an eyeshadow primer underneath---I had tried these back in the day without and that was a big mistake---still, I don't think these neutrals are warm enough to be flattering on me. I'm going to bounce back to my tried and true Chai Latte palette by Maybelline and take this back. If you're looking for a taupe-leaning neutral palette for every day, this is for you. I'm still going to try the Decadent palette, I just bought it but haven't cracked into it yet. It's definitely all warmer colors. I hear tell Kate Upton considers it her go to.

Basically if you like warm-toned neutrals, pass on this. If taupes are your jam, pick it up but make sure to pair it with a primer underneath.

I don't have a lot to say about this, but I really did like this product and the shades/range of shades in the quad were gorgeous and they compliment each other so well.

However, it isn't as pigmented as other eyeshadows I have so I just don't reach for this product as much as other palettes/quads.

I'll definitely be getting it out for the summer though - such an effortless palette. It's also fab for travelling too!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I picked this quad up in Bed Bath & Beyond for just under $7. For reference I'm an NW20 (on the lighter side), have green eyes and golden blonde hair and these colors work well for me...... they make the whites of my eyes their whitest and makes the green pop. You get four shades.... all have a satin finish except for the highlight shade which is matte. The highlight shade reminds me of Wet N Wild Brule, a nice cream color ~ the lid shade is a very light taupe ~ the third shade is also a light taupe but just a tad bit deeper than the lid color and that one I put in the crease ~ then the last shade is a beautiful deep chocolate brown color which I use on the outer part of my crease. They all blend effortlessly. I use foundation under my shadows and I can honestly say that there is no creasing or fading at all. As far as the pigmentation goes..... if you have my coloring I think you will love Revlon Addictive, however, if you have a deeper skintone you may want to pass on this one. I absolutely LOVE my drugstore makeup!

on 6/24/2014 11:09:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Alright, recently i've been looking into trying out more neutrals looks with eyeshadows. I actually never ever wear eyeshadow, so this is kind of a big deal. Well I came across this one in Shoppers last week and I thought the colors looked pretty easy to start with. A lot of people who have reviewed this product have mentioned that the colors aren't really all that pigmented. Which is true, they're not. If you use a primer though, they show up a little bit better. I ended up banging out the most perfect neutral eyeshadow and eyeliner look i've ever EVER done. It looked like something that could have been put on pinterest. I was so proud of myself! This quad was a total win.

I was excited when I found these pretty colors but there not pigmented at all. I gave it to my mom who doesn't really wear make up! Save your self the money and buy wet n wild eyeshadow in walking on eggshells

I agree with the user that said i don't find much luck when it comes to drugstore shadows so i saw this palette and had really low hopes for it but something was telling me to try it out anyway. The shadows certainly aren't the best quality but definitely not the worst . I find myself reaching for it a lot and i do think you can make many different looks out of it. It also works well with other shadows in my collection. i don't regret buying it but i probably wouldn't purchase again because i have so many neutrals in my collection already.

on 7/27/2013 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I don't like these eyeshadows at all, they aren't pigmented at all, they look muddled on my lid and when swatched some of the colors look exactly the same. I don't really mind spending a lot of money on makeup but I really really regret spending the $6 I spent on this, I don't think I will get any use out of this quad because the colors aren't even pigmented enough to use with other eyeshadows. This quad turned me off a lot and I don't think I will be repurchasing other eyeshadows from this line.

So, I really wanted to like the this product, but it wasn't what I expected. The colors are not very pigmented and takes a lot of digging with my brush to get the color I want. The only one that picks up instantly is the bottom right one and that one is actually muddy and not as pretty as I hoped ( hoping for a warmer brown). I had high hopes that this would be a great neutral eyeshadow palette, but it isn't . I wish I had spent my money on the Sonia kashuk 19.99 palette, which I hear is a great neutral palette. However I gave this a better rating b/c it did have great staying power and didn't crease and does last all day. However I often prime my eyelids with my concealer. It also has very nice packaging, and is very nice to travel with.

on 7/25/2013 9:21:00 AM

I really like this product and was surprised to see some pretty harsh reviews of it. For a drugstore/high st product, it is definitely worth purchasing. I was looking for a neutral eyeshadow quad which would be easy to use - specifically with brown/taupe tones - and have found this to be perfect for these needs. My favourite shade is the bottom left one - a medium taupe with a subtle hint of shimmer (this is not as noticeable when on the eyelid). To be honest, I rarely use all four eyeshadows together. I like to mix the shades with other eyeshadows. For example, I also own the Revlon Siren eyeshadow quad and like to mix the shades for a smokey eye. I apply the shades usually with a Sigma E25 shading brush after either powdering the eyelid or using Bobbi Brown Cream eyeshadow in Bone as a primer. Using this method, I have found the shades to be quite long-lasting. I have also been quite impressed with the packaging. Unlike normal eyeshadow quads, the packaging works well in keeping them separate. I have even dropped the quad on the floor multiple times and the eyeshadows have not moved an inch. Excellent product - just be more careful with it than me!