Givenchy Noir Couture 4-in-1 Mascara

Givenchy Noir Couture 4-in-1 Mascara
Noir Couture 4-in-1 MascaraNoir Couture 4-in-1 MascaraNoir Couture 4-in-1 Mascara

3.9

Aqua, Paraffin, Cera Alba, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba Wax), Triethanolamine, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Butylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Decyloxazolidinone, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Extract, Artemia Extract, Potassium Sorhate, BHT, CI 77499.

on 5/5/2016 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It took some time before I tried this mascara, the weird brush made me sceptical.

But what a nice product!! It applies easily and gives good volume, even after one stroke. It does not clump, does not smudge. And what I also find important, it is 'caring' for the lashes.

Only... after a couple of weeks, it starts to dry out. The effect is less 'wauw'. This is a pity, cause it is expensive after all.

on 3/12/2016 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this mascara a month ago and had I reviewed it the first week I purchased I would have given it 1 lippie, zero lippies if that was possible. I actually did come here a couple of times to write my scathing review but I kept seeing people giving it positive reviews so I decided to keep working with it before reviewing.

Now after a month I can state some positives about the product although I'm still mostly unimpressed overall given the price. The first time I put it on I just brushed on one coat and to me it seemed to do Absolutely Nothing for my lashes. No volume, no length, ...just nothing. The next time I applied using a much heavier hand and that time I did see some volume and just a little bit of length. Now what I do when I apply this mascara I lift my eyelid with my finger (I'm old) and I tilt my head back just slightly. This allows me to access the base of my eyelashes. I go as far into the base with the wand as I can and the spaces between the little balls on the wand enables a lot of product to be deposited at the lash base and I gently brush it through to the ends. This creates almost a tight line effect at the lash line that is pretty and flattering. Then on my second coat I focus more on the tips of the lashes to get length.

The pros is that formula is neither too wet or too dry and I find it long lasting. Also the spaces on the wand allow me to build volume close to the lash line and does make my lashes look fuller. There is minimal clumping and the wand does a good job of fanning the lashes. The cons are that no matter what I do this mascara does very little to increase lash length and for me lengthening is important and the product is just too damn expensive for what it is. I will probably use it up but I won't repurchase.

on 1/6/2016 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Review of the waterproof version. I'm Asian, my eyelashes don't look full nor thin and they're pretty straight.

I really wanted to love this but I can't. I do love the bubbled brush, I love the way it pushes the lashes out, but the product always gets clumpy and hard on my eyelashes, no matter the method of application I tried (wiping off the end of the brush, wiping off the whole brush, using a comb, using a plastic guard (like the one that comes with eyeko's mascaras)…). It looks not so graceful indeed. And I've read that it is known for its waterproof characteristic but it always ends up on my down lids (mostly because of my closing eyes when I smile… sighs) wether I powder my eyelids or not. Which makes me doubt about its waterproof claim.

Actually, I don't see any cool thing about this mascara except its classy packaging and its interesting brush which doesn't even work on my eyelashes. Not worth the price at all for me. I prefer much more the Eyeko's skinny black I had got in Malaysia six months ago, though its regular straight wand. It was truly waterproof (I sweat grossly a lot.) and much lighter to wear.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This is my favorite mascara, I love how the bubble part fans my lashes. It doesn't add too much volume but I like that because too much volume can make your lashes look spidery and with this it's totally natural looking, just better.

on 7/11/2015 11:38:00 AM

This is really great. Provides a look that's somewhat dramatic but not over-the-top. It took me a couple of uses to get used to the "triple bubble" wand, but I find that it helps me really fan my lashes out. Excellent length and definition with this one! The color is black but not super-inky black. No smudging or flaking whatsoever.

This would be HG for me if it provided a little more volume. But I like this a lot and I would buy it again.

on 7/9/2015 4:23:00 PM

i am slowly starting to love this mascara. When i first bought it, i really thought my sephora SA had given me a terrible recommendation but then later i was glad i bought it. First of all, this mascara doesn't dry as quickly as most dior mascaras do and second of all i love the volume i get from this mascara. it is $33 which for some might be too much but i truly came to love this mascara. One of my favorites which has replaced diorshow!

This is the best mascara that I have ever ever used. I have tried many different mascaras. It makes my lashes long, thick, separated and flawless!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This one is a really good mascara. Though I found the wand a bit off-putting at first, when I actually tried it on, I was utterly impressed.

Great length, formula not too wet nor too dry, just right so you can layer coats without ending up with clampy or spidery lashes. The effect is bold but somehow still natural. Provides lots of length and seperates really well too. The only downside in my opinion is that it doesn't give tons of volume, as in false lash type of volume.

What I especially love about this mascara is that it doesn't smudge, transfer or flake during the day, it holds strong until you take it off.

Overall, I don't think you can go wrong with this one, it's a great product to have in your makeup bag that works from day to night.

TIP: To amp up the volume, apply one or two coats of this mascara to your already curled lashes. With a q-tip or small brush apply some baby powder (or even face powder) to your lashes and then go in again with your mascara and apply a couple more coats. You won't even need to wear falsies.

on 4/5/2014 9:25:00 PM

I bought a small size of this from Sephora for $15 and unfortunately I wasnt impressed. I expected a lot from this mascara, especially given that it was Givenchy. I normally look for more of a lengthening effect in mascara; Im less concerned about volume. This mascara claims that it is A four-in-one mascara that creates intense volume, strong curl, infinite length, and complete lash care. I found that it gave decent volume without clumping, but only mediocre length. It didnt hold the curl in my long, straight, blonde lashes. I will say that it didnt feel bad on my eyes. It didnt clump up on me, which is a huge plus, it didnt flake, but it did transfer under my lower lashes. The brush is definitely different, but I didnt feel the globe-like shapes created any different effect then a normal, straight brush. All around, its an average product for an expensive price, I will not be repurchasing or recommending.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Love, love, love this one! I was a little freaked out by the brush, but I haven't found anything I like as well as my previous (and discontinued) HG, so I figured I had nothing to lose. That's the beauty of being able to retun products. Anyhow, this mascara did everything it claims to do. My lashes were curled, long, full and glossy. I look like I have false eyelashes on. My lashes do not feel brittle at all, there was no flaking, and the curl lasted all day. In fact, I applied it this morning at 6:30 and my lashes look as good now at 8 p.m. as they did when I walked out the door at 7 this morning. Don't be intimidated by the brush. It's very easy to get an even, clump free application. I will be stocking up.