Matrix Total Results Repair Reparation Shampoo

No Image

3.5

Aqua/Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamide MEA, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Benzoate, Parfum/Fragrance, Hexylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-7, Salicylic Acid, Carbomer, Amodimethicone, Limonene, Linalool, 2-Oleamido-1, 3-Octadecanediol, Trideceth-6, Cetrimonium Chloride, Sodum Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

MY POOR HAIR!!! I have vibrant blue hair and have been using Redken's repair shampoo and conditioner with no issues since I do have problems with split ends due to the dry air where I live. My local salon was out of the Redken so I was recommended by the salon owner to get the Matrix So Long Damage (formerly total results repair). Color safe, smells good, and reasonably priced... awesome, so I bought it. The next morning I go to try my new product and the second I put the shampoo in my hair, my hands turn a bright blue! COLOR SAFE MY A**!!! So I immediately rinse it out and nearly ALL of my color is gone. I follow with the conditioner, no blue on my hands this time BUT my hair felt drier than the desert in the middle of summer! SO LONG DAMAGE MY A**!!! My hair has been breaking left and right and not even my best deep conditioner can restore it. Before buying this crap product, I constantly got compliments on how healthy and beautiful my hair is. Now I have stylists telling me I overprocessed my hair (I'm a natural level 9, so I have no need for lighteners and haven't used heat products in over 6 months)... imagine the shock on their faces when I tell them I haven't lightened my hair in 2 years, only applied Pravana direct dye to my natural level 9. This stuff jacked up my hair beyond belief and I've only used it ONCE!!!

on 3/12/2016 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this along with the conditioner. I will not be repurchasing either one. I didnt notice any less breakage. I also had a hard time combing through my hair when it was wet. It did smell nice, like apples. I expected a lot better from Matrix.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

i had my hair colored and asked my salonist at supercuts if she had a back bar of this shampoo and conditioner of matrix repairinside plus the leave in, happily she had it on back bar, after she shampooed, conditioner, rinsed then applied the leave in and blow dried my hair..my hair felt wonderfully manageable soft!!! Plus i love the scent,...sorta like a floral fruity, i hope they come up with liter sizes!!!! i also had No bed head hair the next day..my hair also was less in breakages..a must to buy!!!!!

on 7/20/2014 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this in hopes of reviving my damaged hair... Didn't work for me. The shampoo left my hair feeling hard and still dry. The conditioner worked for about four hours then my hair went back to looking and feeling dry again. :(

on 7/7/2014 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used it for the first time today and my hair looks great! My hair looks virgin new after 1st use! You can not tell my hair is damaged. Love it! Only drawback is it was expensive. I had to buy it on Ulta's liter sale to afford it also smell is not great. To me it smells strange like unscented lotion. Very, very moisterizing

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I loved this shampoo and conditioner set. I've tried the total results sleek and thought I loved it and found my holy grail shampoo and conditiernuntil I found this. My hair is so soft and manageable days after I use it.

on 7/7/2013 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I REALLY wanted to like this shampoo, but it just didn't work out for me. After dyeing my naturally wavy hair roughly 6 times in the last five months (from ombre to an ombre color correction, to dark brown, to medium brown, to auburn, and finally to red violet), my hair was pretty damaged at the ends. Each time I brushed my hair from the ears down, little splinters of hair would break off and cover my sink, and I decided to do something about it. I had my stylist cut my shoulder-blade-length hair into a short, stacked bob so that I could start the regrowth process. This included searching for a repair system of shampoo and conditioner, so I stumbled upon the Matrix. I was attracted to it initially because I have been a fan of Matrix products for almost a decade (especially the Amplify and Sleek lines) and this shampoo smelled SO amazing. I'm not sure of the exact fragrances used in the shampoo, but it reminded me of this cherry almond stuff that I used as a kid. Unfortunately, after using this shampoo and the matching conditioner (alternating with the Strength Pak Intense Treatment on my second wash), my hair just felt incredibly untouchable. It looked really sleek and shiny, but it is WAY to drying even on my normally oily hair, and it did nothing for detangling. When dry, I could barely get a brush through it. I have never before returned hair products (either drugstore or high end), but after shelling out so much money on this line, I couldn't help but take it back. I won't be repurchasing.

I love this shampoo along with the matching conditioner! I wish the bottles came in the bigger sizes. I have naturally wavy/curly thick hair that I usually straighten. This shampoo & the matching conditioner really help seal in moisture to help protect my hair from heat damage. I also LOVE the smell of this shampoo. This shampoo & conditioner always leave my hair frizz free, shiny, soft, protected, & smelling amazing. I will definitely buy this again once I run out.