Axe Anarchy Body Spray For Her

Axe Anarchy Body Spray For Her
AXE bodyspray adAXE bodyspray ad

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

To get the obvious out of the way: yes, it smells like a cheap body spray. It starts out loud and sharp and floral and screechy, like the scented feminine protection that we ladies who came of age in the 90s will remember upon first whiff. It takes about five minutes to dry down to an acceptable level of powdery-cucumber-melon-with-a-hint-of-musk. This fades after about twenty more minutes into a faint, cheap musk scent, very much like Axe's infamous men's body sprays.

The directions recommend spraying on the neck and wrists. As strong as it is coming out of the can, that's practically chemical warfare on you and anyone around you until the drydown.

I did enjoy the cleverly designed cap and the spray's weightlessness on the skin (note the ingredients: nothing but alcohol based fragrance and propellant!), but I really can't see a use for this product. Parfums de Coeur makes better smelling body sprays that are cheaper, yet last longer on the skin and thus in the bottle. It's very difficult for me to imagine a situation in which wearing Anarchy for Her is better than wearing no perfume at all.

I love the smell so much! I spray a lot on after a shower and I smell so fresh and nice.it doesn't last more than a few hours, but considering the cheap price, I guess I can't complain. I actually discovered this when I was looking for a body spray for my husband. I once found a shower gel version, loved it too! I wish they made a perfume version of this. Such a happy ,fresh and youthful scent!

on 8/29/2015 11:12:00 PM

I am so disappointed. I bought this thinking it was a deodorant and after reading reviews I realize it is not, its only a body spray. I had my hopes up! Not buying again

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I received this product for Christmas as a bundle with other Axe products including shower gel, lip gloss, and nail polish strips.
This scent is similar to that of the shower gel, though not spot on. I find it to be a scent that a younger girl would wear, probably a girl in her teens.
When I first spray it, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it is very overpowering, as most Axe body sprays are. And it's not just the singular can that I own that is the issue. My family bought me multiple cans, an they all have the same result. People mention that the smell 'calms down', but that doesn't happen with me. Either it's overpowering or it isn't there at all. I really did want to like this, as I thoroughly enjoy the shower gel and nail polish strips, but this just didn't work for me.
I will not be repurchasing.

This version of Axe for women does have a very nice fragrant smell. it is strong when you first spray it, but will calm down after and hour or so. Don't use this in the place of deodarant, if you sweat you will smell like sweat. I work out MMA training almost daily and one time I used this instead of deodarant and I smelled like sweat. I think this is just good as an overall body spray. I like spraying it on my hair after I wash it so my hair smells sweet.

smells amazing

on 10/11/2013 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I know that Axe is not a deodorant, because all it contains is alcohol, propellants, and fragrance. However, I use it as a deodorant, and it gets me through the day. I almost can't believe I use Axe because I am not a fan of putting a cocktail of unknown chemicals on my body, but it certainly beats using deodorants containing aluminum. Overall, I really enjoy this product's scent. Axe sprays are known for being very strong scented, and I'm glad that Anarchy for Her is not so overpowering. It is a very pleasant, fresh fruity scent. Since I don't use it for fragrance, I can't attest to how long it lasts, neither does it matter. It works for now, and 5 lippiees for that. I have already gotten myself another two-pack.

*** *** ***
10/19/13: The scent has actually grown on me, and it lasts much longer than the body mist I use. It feels that over time, this fragrance exposes a cucumber-y fresh note, in addition to the fruity notes. It is so light and effortless. It works great as a deodorant for me. I have one in my desk at work, one in my purse, and one at home.

*** *** ***
11/10/13: Unfortunately, although this product has worked very well for me, I have recently discovered that, at present, Axe (parent company Unilever) tests their products on animals. I am in support of cruelty-free practices and am trying to make better choices in makeup and personal care, so I can support companies that produce good products without animal testing. I will need to search for an alternative deodorant that will get me through the day, as I will not repurchase this product. Thanks.

I discovered this while getting some trial size things for my vacation at Walmart. I was going to New Orleans, so with the heat and humidity I thought this would be nice to spray all over. I really like the scent - it reminds me of a Calgon Body Spray, that I believe was called "Tropical" that I used to wear in the early 90's. I used up the trial size, and just bought a large size can at Big Lots for $3.00. It's hard to describe the scent- it's a little fruity, but not overpowering- it also is a bit floral, but it's fresh and not cloying. I'm taking off a lippie only because the scent does not last more than an hour. I know it's not a perfume, but I would think the lasting power would be a little better- even when you spray a lot or spray it on your clothes, it does not last.

on 7/29/2013 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this a couple times already but I stopped using it because I just couldn't get use to the cold breeze. It smells good though.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this body spray, I'm not really sure how to describe the smell.. sexy and alluring! lol Lets go with that. The smell (in my opinion) doesn't last too long but otherwise that is my only complaint.
They really should make a deoderant, body wash in this scent for women too!