Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch SPF 50 with Helioplex

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch SPF 50 with Helioplex

3.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This moisturiser came highly recommended from family, so I had to give it a go. It absorbed well and wasn't tacky after application, and although there was a slight white cast, it wouldn't have been noticeable to anybody else. Worked very well under makeup. Overall a decent moisturiser, however, I wasn't satisfied with its staying power. For the first few hours I'd have no problems, but by afternoon, if I were to brush my face even very lightly, the moisturiser would ball up and these white bits were very visible on my face. I don't make a habit of touching my face, however, I do need to wear eye safety & the occasional mask at work, and this always left white aggregates of moisturiser. When applying, I also had to avoid my eyebrows & eyelashes as the product collected on the hairs. Wasn't a good look at all.

I really wanted to love this, as I know several people who use it without issue. I'd like to try the Neutrogena Sheer Zinc next, as the balling up might be related to the ingredients used to produce the SPF.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

In my experience, there is no holy grail of everyday sunscreens that is high protection, non oily, and light feel, while also not providing a white cast to the skin. I've tried quite a few (though none super-expensive).

That said, this sunscreen comes darn close. While it doesn't feel oily or greasy per se, it does make my skin look a little shiny, but it doesn't tend to clog my skin, which is great. I can feel pretty happy wearing this everyday or most days in the summertime. It's the best everyday sunscreen I've found thus far. Absolutely buy again when I run out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i apply this every morning before make up. dry.. non greasy.. so different with other sunscreen.. this is non oily not heavy not sticky at all. big tube. cheap. not causing acne. i nearly finish the whole tube and very happy with it

on 12/23/2015 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I signed up just to write this review. Literally had to run back in the bathroom a few sections after using this product for the first time. I felt this mild burn followed by a stronger burn and noticed slight red areas and slight inflammation of my face in a matter of 60 seconds from the time of application. I quickly washed my face and I can imagine this product must have longevity because it took awhile to get off! I have sensitive skin on my body but rarely on my face. I used to get occasional sparse break outs but since I started using a mild lactic cleanser (which I researched like crazy to ensure it was safe without long term pit falls or implications) I now only get the occasion one or two white heads or mini break outs if I am super stressed. So I was surprised after using this sun lotion! I didn't think twice when putting it on, I just noticed it was thicker than my sister's one I had tried previously and liked the feel of! But in hindsight I think her one was 30 spf. Now after reading reviews I am face palming because I didn't bother having a quick check about helioplex. Another review here was helpful in explaining how this sunscreen is a "chemical sunscreen" as in the type where ingredients react to sunlight.... and that those reactions are not listed as ingredients on the package. I recommend you find that review, it is well explained! Anyway I shall look at my sister's one and double check the difference. Good luck peeps!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is a pretty decent sunscreen. It does have a slightly white cast on my dark skin but you just need to rub it in. I have very greasy skin and live in a very humid climate to boot, but this sunscreen does not compound the issue. I find it a bit thick and heavy, so I don't understand the ultra sheer claim. All in all, a decent sunscreen for my challenging acne prone sensitive skin but not HG. Still looking for something lighter. As always, cleanse with oil.

on 5/25/2015 7:38:00 AM

It is advertised as a non oily sunscreen and declines what it promises . The technology also claims to be able to block out Uva and uvb well . My complaint is that it has tons of silicone and my skin gets clogged with silicone , hence this is my to go to body sunscreen especially when I am out at the beach .

I was never a sunscreen person.. I would opt for a BB cream that would have sunscreen in it(I use the BB Cream SPF 35 by Bobbi brown) until recently when i bought the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch SPF 50 with Helioplex. This sunscreen lives up to its name. I live in a place where the humidity is around 75% almost all the time but i did not melt into a puddle of slime (which happens with most sunscreens) My skin felt matte. I've stopped applying the BB cream, and now I just wash, moisturise, apply sunscreen and finish with a compact. My skin has never been better *touchwood*

XOXO

on 5/5/2015 10:37:00 PM

I like this sunscreen a lot. It smells nice, and it is non greasy! I bought this sunscreen set at Costco. I will DEF repurchase this product again!

I am religious about my use of sunscreen on my face and neck every day. I was previously using La Roche Posay Anthelios 50+ until I found this gem in my local discount pharmacy. Rarely do you find a product that does exactly what it says, but this delivers in spades. I apply this on my face and neck every morning prior to applying my makeup. On my skin, the effect is unnoticeable, so it definitely has a matte texture. I use Modelco Mineral Powder foundation and Maybelline Dream Lumi concealer over the top and the overall look is pretty flawless. It doesn't cause any adverse reaction either, which is something I occasionally have a problem with when I use other sunscreens. This can be purchased anywhere in the vicinity of $8-15 dollars Australian, so it's an absolute bargain!

Edit 29th March 2015:
I spent a morning in full sun and had my entire face neck and shoulder region covered with this sunscreen. I ended up sunburnt. Currently looking at other sunscreens.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I've used this sunscreen for years and absolutely love it!

Unlike most sunscreens, this one isn't greasy at all. After you apply it, and it dries, you can barely tell it's on. It also doesn't smell too bad-- which is important to me since I wear this everyday.

Anyway, great sunscreen, great product!