Wen by Chaz Dean Summer Coconut Mango Cleansing Conditioner

Wen by Chaz Dean Summer Coconut Mango Cleansing Conditioner

3.6

Not tested on animals

Adjust Text Size: Ingredients: Water, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Cetearyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Mango Seed Butter, Soybean Germ Extract, Coconut Extract, Pineapple Fruit Juice, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Goji Berry Fruit Extract, Acai Fruit Extract, White Tea Leaf Extract, Pomegranate Extract, Banana Fruit Extract, Green Tea Extract, Chamomile Flower/Leaf Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Menthol, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Arginine (L-Arginine), Glycine (Naturally Derived), Alanine (L-Alanine), Aspartic Acid (L-Aspartic Acid), Serine (L-Serine), Valine (L-Valine), Proline (L-Proline), Threonine (L-Threonine), Isoleucine (L-Isoleucine), Phenylalanine (L-Phenylaline) Histidine (L-Histidine), Soluble Collagen (Marine Kelp), Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl, Tetrapeptide-7, Amodimethicone, Polysorbate-60 (Plant Derived), Glycerin (Plant Derived), Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, PCA, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Carbomer, Polysorbate-20 (Plant Derived), Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid (Naturally Derived), Fragrance, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This product made 40-50% of my hair fall out, I have extreme thinning and several bald spots. Beware of wen! It WILL RUIN YOUR HAIR!

on 1/12/2017 2:41:00 PM

Okay, so let's address the elephant in the room. There is a current class action lawsuit against Wen. There were also 127 complaints of hair loss made to the FDA. My understanding is that is a record by a mile for one product. I can definitely see how this can cause hair loss when used as a shampoo. It is not a shampoo. It does not have enough cleansing ingredients to remove sebum, dirt, etc. from the scalp and hair. Period. I know Chaz Dean claims he has used this exclusively every day for many years but that simply can't be true. I have an oily scalp and I could not use this as a substitute for shampoo for even 1 day. I bought the 32 oz bottle of this after trying a sampler that actually only included the non-seasonal scents, but I used it as a conditioner. My hair is pretty long so I use 4-6 pumps after shampooing, as a conditioner/deep conditioning mask. .The scent is very nice, and mostly smells like coconut. I paid $56.00 including shipping (from QVC). The bottle has lasted me 4 months with almost every day use. I reordered but instead got 2 16 ounce bottles of Pomegranate and Sweet Almond Mint. It saved me $13. I was dismayed to discover when I went for a haircut that this was giving me severe seborrhea in the back of my head. I couldn't see it, so I wasn't aware it was there, but it was extremely bad, with large chunks. Disgusting, I know (sorry). I have not used this since that time, and after using prescription oil twice, and Nizoral Shampoo twice a week, I am relieved to say the seborrhea is almost gone, finally, after several weeks. I will use up what I have as a shave cream (the worst that can happen is I'll have hair loss on my legs :)), but will never, ever purchase this again.

on 8/24/2016 12:04:00 PM

FDA Issues Safety Alert for Hair Conditioner

on 10/8/2014 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my favorite next to Summer Honey Peach!!<3

SMC smells so delicious and yummy!

Another CC that works amazing on my 3b natural spiral curls!! Also as a leave in conditioner is works amazing to combat frizz.

As far as using this CC I go based on feel vs how many pumps directed on the bottle.

I will say that after using Wen vs regular shampoo & conditioner (even sulfate free ones) Wen is for me. I get so much better results and a lot of compliments on my hair and Rinsing with cool water works the best with the Wen CC's!!!

I wish Chaz would bring this back!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of the seasonal scents, summer mango coconut. It's a pleasant fruity scent with barely any coconut. I find it's very volumizing. I use seven pumps from the 16 oz bottle on my chin-length fine hair (colored, fine texture, grey if I didn't color it.) It makes it soft but quite volumized. I went a week without using Wen and I do see that (with occasionally using a clarifying shampoo) I do have improved hair with Wen. I rinse thoroughly with cool water, however. If you don't do this, you get residual Wen in your hair that brings it down on hot days. The Mango is one of the better seasonals--the Pumpkin spice made me itch (I'm not alone in this) and I don't like florals like Gardenia Green Tea. Next to the Tea Tree this is my favorite Wen of all time.

I love using Wen as a shampoo. My hair is long, fine & very damaged so I still use some Redken conditioner afterwards but using this just to cleanse really helped improve the state of my hair. I found this scent to be extra creamy which is probably great for all the bleaching I do. My boyfriend has thick, jaw length hair & he was blown away by how much healthier his hair felt afterwards. His being in perfect shape, from lack of beauty torture, he doesn't feel the need for any conditioner & it does feel nice w/o it. Must be great being a boy! lol I like the winter scent best but this is still good stuff so I would recommend it if u can afford it ;)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I decided to finally try Wen after seeing so many reviews and chose this scent based on the reviews for it. I have to admit. I am falling in love with Wen. I have had a little bit of buildup if I use it all the time so I use it two times a week and another sulfate free product one time a week. I have found though that after using Wen I can go a day or two without washing. That does not sound like much, but it is great for my fine hair that gets easily weighed down and greasy. It takes some getting used to using Wen though. There is no real lather like we are used to with normal shampoo so you do have to rub more and rinse better. I have found that if I did not rub in enough and rinse well that I have issues with my hair.

There are different ways of using Wen. I think Wen changes it based on feedback. For me I go between doing my roots, rinsing and then my ends. And then sometimes I do my whole head, rinse, and do my whole head again.

I like this scent, but it is not my favorite. I find that it is really strong smelling. The benefit of that is that even when my hair is dry it still smells good. I would buy it again, but right now I want to try some of the other scents.

on 8/21/2013 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I've been a fan of Wen ever since QVC started selling it, I normally like the Fig, Pomegranate, & the 6/13 but the Summer Coconut Mango is AMAZING !!! Chaz please add it to your permanent line!!! I actually bought 5 bottles from QVC to hold me over for a while. It really moisturizes my coarse curly hair & makes it so much healthier.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Very nice product. It smells awesome- really sweet and tropical. It moisturizes my 4c hair really well. My hair feels clean and not stripped. Detangling is less of a chore now. I only wish it came in the 32 oz size and that it was sold year round. I like it just as much as the wen kids strawberry banana.

on 7/29/2013 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

After seeing the infomercials and product presentations numerous times, I decided to jump on the WEN bandwagon. I hesitated for so long because I couldn't justify the cost, but I decided 'what the heck, let me see if this product is really all that it's cracked up to be.' I can honestly say that (a) it is worth every penny and (b) it really does what it says! I've been using it for 3 weeks now and my hair is so soft and lustrous. WEN is a HUGE improvement over shampoo! I absolutely love this scent and am highly disappointed though that it won't be around anymore after this year. Hopefully, Chaz will come out with one next summer that smells just as good. From now on, I am sticking with WEN and it's so long to poo!

Popular Shampoos