MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

Filtered by hair type : Other
MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

3.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 2/3/2016 9:34:00 AM

The SPF on this is a great addition (I bought it for use overseas), but there is something in this formulation which makes my skin on my nose dry and peel if I use it every day :( Coverage is more than I expected from a BB cream, it applies pretty well and the finish is not too matte or flat (though can get a little cakey on dry areas and over enlarged pores). I will use this up (it's lasted for ages!) but I definitely won't repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am a loyal MAC costumer and this product didn't disappoint. At first glance the price may be off putting, but it is well worth it. It lasts for ages, a little goes a long way. Being Irish, I have very pale porcelain skin. I use the lightest shade in the range and it looks very natural, not too dark or light. You can it wear alone or as a primer. It looks great either way. It blends very nicely and I apply it with the mac 187 brush. My skin is quite sensitive and I never break out in red patches or anything after using. Also the SPF 35 is a great bonus. This BB cream doesn't highlight dry patches or imperfections. Overall I'm a very satisfied customer.

on 7/28/2014 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

If Mac ever discontinues this product, I don't know what I would do with myself. This is the only thing I could use on my skin.

This was the first BB cream and MAC product I ever used, and I was thoroughly disappointed. I have very sensitive/acne prone skin and wanted to try a lightweight/non pore clogging/ light coverage product that I can wear on a daily basis without having to take too much time to apply (at work all day) and without a full on foundation look.

Dispite my acne-prone skin I have NEVER had an issue with makeup settling in my pores- in fact I didn't even really know what that issue was until this product. Whether applied with a sponge, brush or my fingers, product applied so patchy, did not blend, and built up in pores. I used primer before, primer+moisturizer, and nothing really helped, and added to my overall routine which I was looking to simplify with a BB cream. So much- that I ended up just washing it off and using my normal products. The best way I found was with my fingers.

After using a few times, where I was usually disappointed with how it looked on my face, I would cover with some sort of powder to look normal, I broke out. Now I have extremely sensitive skin, so not saying this will happen to everyone - but to people with acne-prone skin- just try another product.

Did nothing to perfect skin, did not help with oil control.

on 12/26/2013 8:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This is my favorite BB cream so far and that's saying something. I've tried Loreal and Revlon, but they don't come close to this beauty. I love the look is gives me and the finish too. If you're fair skinned, please at least try this, it might work. I use either my fingers or a small stipple brush to apply this and it looks like I have no makeup on but a moisturized glow to my face. Really it's that good. It can accentuate dry patches and flakes, but cleaning/exfoliating your face before hand will help. This BB cream also helps adhere foundations and powders to my face to even out my complexion even further, if I choose to. The only con is the price.

on 10/30/2013 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Purchased this in the palette packaging and whoa! i love how it is really an ALL in 1. I also love the SPF in it, the sun beams even on a 70 degree day in N. Florida. I recommend using the brush application with this product. The palette comes with a sponge but it is a waste considering it soaks up more than it actually puts on your face. ;)

Shade: Dark Deep

I love this! No, I don't think it's awesome enough to wear on it's own (too little bit if coverage, and way too light for me) But I use this as a base...then use Studio Fix Powder right on top if it. And that's my HG face routine! The bb cream adheres to the powder so well, it stays on for hours!! This is the perfect 'primer' for me because since its a bb cream, I haven't broken out! In love!

on 9/28/2013 3:17:00 PM

i have read about bb creams a lot and never had tried them before
so i went and bought the MAC bb cream for i have read good reviews about it
actually i hated it from the first use it made my skin look rough dull the price was very high but there was one thing i liked about it which is the packaging which wont help my face

on 5/3/2013 11:18:00 PM

This is the first BB that I have tried...and it works great for me. I especially like the amount of SPF protection (35 I think). It matches my skin an looks natural....probably will be my go to for the summer. I wear it alone and set with powder, I would describe it as light coverage. I tried the very light shade as I am quite fair.

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

The MAC sales lady gave me a sample of the ligh plus BB cream. I was hesitant at first since I tried other BB creams before. This stuff is AMAZING! It leaves my skin extremely soft, does not show my pores or redness around my nose, coverage is totally buildable. I apply with the Elf powder brush (see Wayne Goss video on how to apply foundation). If I want more coverage I add a second layer or simply apply my MAC Pro Longwear foundation over the areas that I need more coverage (with my Tarte airbrush foundation brush). I did not think I would like this b/c I was used to covering up my face with heavy foundation. I love this BB cream and highly recommend.