MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

3.7

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 2/5/2016 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Tried this a few times but it whitewashed my complexion. I'm very fair and I used the fair shade but once it was on my face for whatever reason it made me look sooo pasty. And the next shade up was not a good match for me either. It's also a pretty thick consistancy for a BB cream. I expect much more from a high end makeup line. Not worth the money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

i read this was for oily and combination skin types only but this works well on my normal dry skin (winter skin). It goes on easily and feels lightweight. Lasts all day, diffuses redness, offers light coverage. MSBB. I wear the Light Plus. This fits the bill for a product I was unconsciously looking for. Great Spf. I really can't ask for more from a product. And it does not make my mature skin look older, does not settle in my lines or pores. Really a great product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am a loyal MAC costumer and this product didn't disappoint. At first glance the price may be off putting, but it is well worth it. It lasts for ages, a little goes a long way. Being Irish, I have very pale porcelain skin. I use the lightest shade in the range and it looks very natural, not too dark or light. You can it wear alone or as a primer. It looks great either way. It blends very nicely and I apply it with the mac 187 brush. My skin is quite sensitive and I never break out in red patches or anything after using. Also the SPF 35 is a great bonus. This BB cream doesn't highlight dry patches or imperfections. Overall I'm a very satisfied customer.

on 6/18/2015 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE the way this looks on my skin. I usually don't like BB creams because they are too greasy. The "BB cream" moniker has become so trendy that every brand has one, and it may even become passe due to some companies developing "CC creams" and even "DD creams." These tinted moisturizers have more antioxidants, higher SPF factors, and sometimes other benefits, but they are still TMs. This is one of the best I've tried.

PROS:

Natural-looking. Light Plus is my perfect shade and people compliment my skin when I wear this, so apparently it doesn't look like makeup. And my skin is not perfect!

The tube packaging is my favorite for travel.

The SPF 35 is part titanium dioxide. My sensitive skin needs mineral sunscreens. (Unfortunately it's not purely mineral.)

I like the amount of coverage; it's enough that I can use it instead of foundation.

The price is $30 versus the higher prices I normally pay for department store foundation.

Does not fade or get oily and lasts for several hours (my skin type is combination, not super oily)

Does not break me out.

Contains sodium hyaluronate which fills in fine lines and makes your skin look smoother. I look for this ingredient now.

Fragrance free

CONS:

Some of the active SPF ingredients are chemical in addition to mineral. I wish it didn't have oxybenzone in it. Mineral sunscreens are the safest for sensitive skin.

It doesn't have the coverage of Hourglass Immaculate Powder Foundation or Le Metier de Beaute Classic Flawless Finish foundation. But the coverage is great for a tinted moisturizer.

It is really best for normal to oily skin, or skin that is slightly dry. It happens to look great on me with my combination skin, but there is a tendency to market products to all skin types and that simply isn't realistic.

Tip: no need to use a primer- this IS your primer. It performs best on bare skin as your first layer, if not your only layer.

on 8/1/2014 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I am loving this product!! Perfect for someone who doesn't like to wear foundation but needs a little "ummf". I have very dry/sensitive skin and this sits nicely on top of my moisturizer. Added bronzer and mascara....good to go!

First BB cream I ever tried. I like the packaging and the fact that it packs sun protection. However, it doesn't have very good lasting power. It becomes greasy early on and if I apply powder it accents my pores. I'm not sure why all the good reviews because the coverage is light to medium light and this is definitely not buildable, unless of course you want your pores to show through. I would not recommend nor would I buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm loving this BB Cream! Just FYI, it has the same ingredients/different order as Smashbox's and Bobbi Brown's BB Creams so if those weren't quite what you were looking for, I highly recommended MAC's. I have dry very sensitive skin with rosacea. This product hasn't caused any irritation which is always the first test. Luckily other than pink cheeks I don't have much to cover so this provides just enough color to even my color out. It's just glowy enough and I don't even need powder on top unless I want to look a bit more polished. This is my 2nd favorite foundation/TM next to Matchmaster. Also I tried the BB cream in the compact first since I'm so dry but it really made my pores look huge, just didn't work for me. Light is a very good match for my NC15 Matchmaster Shade 1 skin.

on 12/26/2013 8:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This is my favorite BB cream so far and that's saying something. I've tried Loreal and Revlon, but they don't come close to this beauty. I love the look is gives me and the finish too. If you're fair skinned, please at least try this, it might work. I use either my fingers or a small stipple brush to apply this and it looks like I have no makeup on but a moisturized glow to my face. Really it's that good. It can accentuate dry patches and flakes, but cleaning/exfoliating your face before hand will help. This BB cream also helps adhere foundations and powders to my face to even out my complexion even further, if I choose to. The only con is the price.

on 10/30/2013 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Purchased this in the palette packaging and whoa! i love how it is really an ALL in 1. I also love the SPF in it, the sun beams even on a 70 degree day in N. Florida. I recommend using the brush application with this product. The palette comes with a sponge but it is a waste considering it soaks up more than it actually puts on your face. ;)

Shade: Dark Deep

I hate this product and wish I hadn't spent my money on it!! As some other reviewers have written, the cream settles into my pores even after I spent ages blending and setting it with powder. It looks cakey even though I only use a tiny amount. The only thing I liked was the colour (and the packaging, which is always fabulous with MAC). I wish I could have made this product work for me :(