OPI Bubble Bath

OPI Bubble Bath

formaldehyde, toluene and dibutyl phthalate (DBP)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried in vain to buy a bottle of this awhile back & I couldn’t find it anywhere so I gave up but I used it often the nail salon. This kind of color is my fave for nail polish it’s a sheer baby pink beige Very classy. Now I rarely buy nail polish & I refuse to go to a salon (personal reasons) I eschew salons so more acrylics I hate nail polish on natural nails it lasts less than 24 hours all that hard work for...a joke!! I use ImPRESS Manicure press on’s (w glue also) & much better I would not buy this or any nail polish I have some if I feel the hankering for painting my nails I got plenty of NP prob all are dried up bahahahahaaa

on 2/7/2018 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I think the bottle I have is a few years old and is the older, more neutral color. In the bottle it is a very neutral color that has a hint of peach to it.

1 coat goes on milky and with a little streakiness but isn't as bad as some polishes. I think some could get 1 really nicely applied coat with leveling top coat and it look very nice and semi-sheer but clean. You have to use a little care in application, but it's not impossibly hard like many polishes in this color family. It looks very clean and natural, but not milky or with a lot of color. I prefer 1 coat vs 2 or 3.

2 coats get a little trickier and a touch more streaky. I think I prefer the look of 1 coat. 2 is a lot milker and more semi-sheer vs sheer with 1 coat.

3 coats look streaky and patchy. It gets a little more opague. I don't like the look of this at all.

For a 1 coat semi-sheer that goes on well I like it, but I really didn't like 2 & 3 coats. There are easier and cheaper formulas such as Wet N Wild 2% milk that are just as good (actually better).

I haven't tried the newer version of Bubble Bath (currently sold though).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This color comes out very different depends on skin tone. Mine is yellow, so it looked a bit more yellow than I hoped for. Also, it's quite transparent polish and all transparent polishes somehow made my nails peel.
I much prefer Dior Apricot 800 to this one.

on 10/28/2016 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Hmmm...
In theory I am a fan of this polish. To my eyes, the color is a peachy-pink. Not offensive but not exactly what I was hoping for. A little too juvenile on a 45 year old, lol. I think it would look great for a French manicure.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Medium

This is very sheer.Very little color.It was not pink on me,just a very ugly beige.I will not use this again.

on 4/27/2016 5:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Despite the many good reviews, this colour didn't work for me. After knowing about OPI's Bubble Bath shade for years, I finally decided to purchase a bottle to see if this truly is the perfect neutral, pink nail colour. I don't think that it is although this is because I found the shade a bit too pink with not enough creamy/white tones to balance it out. I have very fair skin with pinkish undertones, so this colour gets lost on me. It did apply very well without streaking, but then again, it started chipping on the first day, so I can't recommend this.

on 3/10/2016 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Bubble Bath is a sheer favorite. One coat provides a healthy shine and two coats provides a very nude, dusty pink tint which is meant to give your nails the "My Nails But Better" look.

Not sure why people pair this up against Essie Ballet Slippers as both are great, yet VERY different sheers. Bubble Bath is definitely a darker sheer due to its beige undertones while Ballet Slippers has a very pale milky white-pink finish.

Personally, due to my very fair skin tone, Bubble Bath just looks like my nails with a dark beige/mauve tint so it doesn't look flattering. However, it is definitely one of the easiest sheers to apply, so if you're looking for that sophisticated sheer with no trace of white and baby pink (that Essie is known for) then Bubble Bath is it.

Anyhow, if you were confused and overwhelmed with all the sheers the polish world has to offer, these are a few sugestions -

· Off white pale pink sheer: I would recommend Essie Ballet Slippers, Essie Limoscene, Essie Adore A Ball, Essie It's Delicate
· Pure white sheer: Essie Allure, Essie Waltz, (Can also be Adore A Ball depending on skintone)
· Beige sheer: OPI Act Your Beige, Essie Au Natural, Essie Like Linen
· True pink sheer: Essie Sugar Daddy, Essie Mademoiselle, Essie Spaghetti Strap, OPI Sweetheart (The new formula)
· Shimmer sheer: OPI Chiffon My Mind, Essie Delicacy

on 3/5/2016 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Comparison of some soft shades; 2 are iridescent. I have reviewed all of them on MUA:

Full Size Image

Full Size Image

Gives the effect of healthy looking nails. Lovely, understated, yet a little boring, ok, true. Great for anytime, any season, and probably most skin tones. I don't see pink in mine, maybe there are different releases, or it's based on skin tone. It's a natural, light beige, lighter than many skin tones. So, I suggest borrowing it from a friend before you commit.

I think it's perfect for the environment that will not let you wear polish (only 1 light coat will do). I met a state park ranger who said she can't wear polish as a state employee - the travesty! Well, I bet she could slip by detection with this.

Application: Gets gloopy over time; can be streaky if you don't use a base coat, so you have to have a steady hand with a consistent amount of polish for each nail. You can fix the thickening problem easily by adding Seche Vite lacquer thinner: it's called Restore. Great stuff. BTW, I use Seche Vite base and top coat; LOVE the top coat, base coat is ok. (Just now reviewed them on MUA).

The look: One coat gives a barely-there hint of light beige. Two coats gives a milky look, with visible nail line. Three coats approaches, or achieves, opacity. I prefer 2 light coats of any soft shade.

If you want a soft, warm ballet pink crelly, consider I Theodora You from the Wizard of Oz collection. It is lovely, and application is great. My 2 favorite readily available soft shades are Otherwise Engaged and Altar Ego (see pictures above or my reviews for detailed description of all these).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is just a bit nicer than my former top favourite pinky nude sheer, Essie Mademoiselle.

Some reviewers mentioned streaking, and it did a little with one coat but the second coat cures that and makes it look perfect.

This is a sheer pink, but it has just enough beige to keep it classic and out of Barbie territory. I am NC15 to 20 and this looks nice on my nails. I have warm tones, (red head) but I'm pale and mauves aren't that good for me but I don't like going too warm either. My tips still show, and look clean. I detest the polishes that have some warmth and are sheer for what they sometimes do --making the tips go yellowish, and look faintly dirty. This one doesn't. The tips look like a toned down French manicure or just clean shiny nails. My Nails But Better.

I've been applying it over Nail Envy, which is a clear coat that strengthens the nails and it's a perfect combo. LOVE THIS. Yes, I'll rebuy in a heartbeat.

on 2/19/2016 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a lovely nude or French manicure color for me. The color looks nude, natural, smooth, healthy, barely pink, not obvious pink. It's self-leveling - no streaks. I had trouble with many sheer pink jellies looking too blue or too lavender on me - this one doesn't. I had trouble with warmer sheer pink jellies looking too yellow on the tips - this one looks white on the tips. It looks great with one coat, but also looks great with multiple coats. OPI's big brush is nice and easy to use.

I think they recently reformulated it, because OPI Bubble Bath used to smell HORRIBLE - but now it doesn't. I think that's great because if a nail polish smells bad then I just can't use it.

I did find two 5-free polishes that are very similar to this color: Zoya Sari, and Dior Tra-La-La. Both of them are very similar in color to OPI Bubble Bath - Zoya Sari is a little more sheer and Dior Tra-la-la is a little more opaque and a little more pink. Both are 5-free and I don't think OPI is 5-free if I remember correctly.

Popular Polishes