OPI Bubble Bath

OPI Bubble Bath

formaldehyde, toluene and dibutyl phthalate (DBP)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Medium

This is very sheer.Very little color.It was not pink on me,just a very ugly beige.I will not use this again.

on 4/27/2016 5:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Despite the many good reviews, this colour didn't work for me. After knowing about OPI's Bubble Bath shade for years, I finally decided to purchase a bottle to see if this truly is the perfect neutral, pink nail colour. I don't think that it is although this is because I found the shade a bit too pink with not enough creamy/white tones to balance it out. I have very fair skin with pinkish undertones, so this colour gets lost on me. It did apply very well without streaking, but then again, it started chipping on the first day, so I can't recommend this.

To Read all 366 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/10/2016 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bubble Bath is a sheer favorite. One coat provides a healthy shine and two coats provides a very nude, dusty pink tint which is meant to give your nails the "My Nails But Better" look.

Not sure why people pair this up against Essie Ballet Slippers as both are great, yet VERY different sheers. Bubble Bath is definitely a darker sheer due to its beige undertones while Ballet Slippers has a very pale milky white-pink finish.

Personally, due to my very fair skin tone, Bubble Bath just looks like my nails with a dark beige/mauve tint so it doesn't look flattering. However, it is definitely one of the easiest sheers to apply, so if you're looking for that sophisticated sheer with no trace of white and baby pink (that Essie is known for) then Bubble Bath is it.

Anyhow, if you were confused and overwhelmed with all the sheers the polish world has to offer, these are a few sugestions -

· Off white pale pink sheer: I would recommend Essie Ballet Slippers, Essie Limoscene, Essie Adore A Ball, Essie It's Delicate
· Pure white sheer: Essie Allure, Essie Waltz, (Can also be Adore A Ball depending on skintone)
· Beige sheer: OPI Act Your Beige, Essie Au Natural, Essie Like Linen
· True pink sheer: Essie Sugar Daddy, Essie Mademoiselle, Essie Spaghetti Strap, OPI Sweetheart (The new formula)
· Shimmer sheer: OPI Chiffon My Mind, Essie Delicacy

on 3/5/2016 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Comparison of some soft shades; 2 are iridescent. I have reviewed all of them on MUA:

Full Size Image

Full Size Image

Gives the effect of healthy looking nails. Lovely, understated, yet a little boring, ok, true. Great for anytime, any season, and probably most skin tones. I don't see pink in mine, maybe there are different releases, or it's based on skin tone. It's a natural, light beige, lighter than many skin tones. So, I suggest borrowing it from a friend before you commit.

I think it's perfect for the environment that will not let you wear polish (only 1 light coat will do). I met a state park ranger who said she can't wear polish as a state employee - the travesty! Well, I bet she could slip by detection with this.

Application: Gets gloopy over time; can be streaky if you don't use a base coat, so you have to have a steady hand with a consistent amount of polish for each nail. You can fix the thickening problem easily by adding Seche Vite lacquer thinner: it's called Restore. Great stuff. BTW, I use Seche Vite base and top coat; LOVE the top coat, base coat is ok. (Just now reviewed them on MUA).

The look: One coat gives a barely-there hint of light beige. Two coats gives a milky look, with visible nail line. Three coats approaches, or achieves, opacity. I prefer 2 light coats of any soft shade.

If you want a soft, warm ballet pink crelly, consider I Theodora You from the Wizard of Oz collection. It is lovely, and application is great. My 2 favorite readily available soft shades are Otherwise Engaged and Altar Ego (see pictures above or my reviews for detailed description of all these).

on 2/19/2016 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a lovely nude or French manicure color for me. The color looks nude, natural, smooth, healthy, barely pink, not obvious pink. It's self-leveling - no streaks. I had trouble with many sheer pink jellies looking too blue or too lavender on me - this one doesn't. I had trouble with warmer sheer pink jellies looking too yellow on the tips - this one looks white on the tips. It looks great with one coat, but also looks great with multiple coats. OPI's big brush is nice and easy to use.

I think they recently reformulated it, because OPI Bubble Bath used to smell HORRIBLE - but now it doesn't. I think that's great because if a nail polish smells bad then I just can't use it.

I did find two 5-free polishes that are very similar to this color: Zoya Sari, and Dior Tra-La-La. Both of them are very similar in color to OPI Bubble Bath - Zoya Sari is a little more sheer and Dior Tra-la-la is a little more opaque and a little more pink. Both are 5-free and I don't think OPI is 5-free if I remember correctly.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is just a bit nicer than my former top favourite pinky nude sheer, Essie Mademoiselle.

Some reviewers mentioned streaking, and it did a little with one coat but the second coat cures that and makes it look perfect.

This is a sheer pink, but it has just enough beige to keep it classic and out of Barbie territory. I am NC15 to 20 and this looks nice on my nails. I have warm tones, (red head) but I'm pale and mauves aren't that good for me but I don't like going too warm either. My tips still show, and look clean. I detest the polishes that have some warmth and are sheer for what they sometimes do --making the tips go yellowish, and look faintly dirty. This one doesn't. The tips look like a toned down French manicure or just clean shiny nails. My Nails But Better.

I've been applying it over Nail Envy, which is a clear coat that strengthens the nails and it's a perfect combo. LOVE THIS. Yes, I'll rebuy in a heartbeat.

on 12/31/2015 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Best pinky nude polish I've ever found! My first thought was that the shade was boring looking in the bottle, but on nails, Bubble Bath really comes to life. I have very pale skin (NC15, Sisley 0) and most nude polishes look either muddy or too bubble gum pink. Bubble Bath balances the pink and nude tones perfectly and my nails look really sophisticated. The shade reminds me of the colour of a milk shake.

If you are looking for an opaque nail polish, Bubble Bath isn't a good choice. Even with three layers, I can still see the whites of my nails. However, I like the not sheer, but not opaque look as the polish makes my nails look whiter and fingers a little longer. With one layer, the polish may sometimes look a little streaky. I usually apply two layers to avoid streakiness and to get the colour to show. The wide brush of OPI also makes the application very easy.

The best part of the polish is that it's very low maintenance. It stays flawless for five days, but I can wear it even for a week.

Bubble Bath has become my trusted polish, which is very work-appropriate. I'm actually thinking of wearing it on my wedding day next fall.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It took me a very long time to find the right pink nude nail polish, and I've tried a couple, amongst them OPI's "Hopelessly in Love" and basically every nude polish Sally Hansen ever made), but none of them were the the right fit for my my nails, my hands, my skin. Some had too much of a blue undertone (Sally Hansen's "Shell We Dance?"), some were too streaky, but all of them simply didn't flatter my hands. Now I finally found the one! Like many others have stated, this is just perfect. Not too white, not too pink, not too sheer, not too opaque. For me, two coats are enough. With a good top coat (I use Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri), the result is so polished and with just a hint of shine. Exactly what I've been looking for all this time, so I'm glad my search is finally over. Will definitely repurchase over and over.

on 8/19/2015 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Like most have said, it really takes 3 coats to get to near opacity, and even then you can still see the whites of your nails, but it's still one of their best nude/pink colors and fits my asian warm tones well. Other pinks can look really tacky on me otherwise.

on 6/14/2015 6:55:00 PM

I wish this color was just a bit more opaque, which is the only reason I didn't give it five stars. This is a beautiful neutral for my pale skin tone. It's very complementary, doesn't make my hands look ruddy or yellowish. Very nice, but it does take three coats to make it completely opaque.

Popular Polishes