L.A. Girl Calcium Nail Builder

Price: $

on 10/11/2014 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This base coat is supposed to strengthen nails with calcium. The first time I applied it two of my nails flaked off at the tips after 5 days.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Simple and inexpensive. I love it! Comes with an easy to apply transparent brush. Each coat dries fully and hard. It doesn't melt the coat(s) underneath it, a problem I run into with most Sally Hansen base polishes. It gives my thin nails strength and hardness. Great product!

on 4/24/2013 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i thought there'd be more reviews for this! I bought it at Sally's Beauty Supply for around 5 USD.

i use it on bare nails under a base coat, and then as a top coat as well.

It dries to a not matte but not super shiny finish, and is really natural and pretty looking by itself on nails.

it does make my nails harder/stronger and less prone to bending and chipping.

there's no god-awful smell that some polishes can have, and this dries faster that regular nail polish, but not quite as fast as quick dry top coats. close though!

i've used it as a top coat over red polish and the brush did end up tinged a bit pink after the first coat, but whent back to being clear after the 2nd top coat. suprisingly, it's quite shiny as a top coat, and does extend the life of my mani and smooth out any imperfections.

while i do like this, it's no miracle, and i'll continue to shop around for an alternative. i rated this a "yes" to rebuying though, as i wouldnt mind using it again and again if nothing better turns up.

on 6/18/2012 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

A great product for all nails! I have baby fine nails that peel and split no matter what I do. I picked up a bottle of this stuff at Sally for about $5 and I haven't used anything since! I'm on my fourth bottle. Calcium builder works better than OPI nail envy, and about $15 cheaper. And it doesn't get stringy and thick like Nail Envy.
I use two coats under my polish and I'm good to go. As a basecoat its pretty good. It doesn't chip easily and I haven't had any yellowing issues. Overall, this ia great product!

Popular Treatments