Estee Lauder Sumptuous BoldVolume Lifting Mascara

Estee Lauder Sumptuous BoldVolume Lifting Mascara

3.0

Water, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera wax, Polyisobutene, Polyvinyl acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Paraffin, Silica, Aminomethyl propanediol, Isostearic Acid, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Olea Europaea Oil Unsaponifiables, Panthenol, Pantethine, Cholesterol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Nylon-6, Kaolin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Polyacrylate, PTFE, Hexylene Glycol, Simethicone, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet.

Do you like raccoon eyes? If so, you will love this mascara because it SMUDGES ALL OVER. What a mess! It gave me raccoon eyes within hours, even when I was careful to apply powder around my eyes to blot up any oil. What a terrible disappointment because it is otherwise a pretty nice mascara that thickens and lengthens while still looking fairly natural.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this mascara for the most part. Note: I got this as a GWP so the size of the brush may be different. Some people say that GWP mascaras are different from the full size. My eyelashes are common amongst Asian women - short, and the lashes droop downwards. My eyelashes always have to be curled.

This mascara is good for lengthening. That is my main need for mascara. It doesn't drag my eyelashes down, I think the formula is light. One problem I have with it as that it slightly clumped a few lashes together - that can be solved with an eyelash comb. Another problem is the price. It's $27.50. Still, it is a very good mascara. Another good thing about it is that when I remove it, I don't lose any eyelashes.

on 10/7/2016 1:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

good for volume, but can get clumpy and the wand is very large and bristles are thick. Smudges on my brow bone by midday. Somewhat meh at holding a curl, but I layered it over Benefit's roller lash and that worked well, except for the smudging. My search continues.

on 9/21/2016 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this in a GWP. I think it's a good mascara if you're going for a minimalist look because for me it only darkened my lashes a little and didn't seem to add any length at all. I've used Clinique products for years and now that I'm over 50 I thought I'd try upgrading to Estee (the parent company). For now I'm going to stick with Clinique High Impact because it really makes my lashes black and adds a little volume and make my lashes look longer, and it's about half the cost.

on 9/10/2016 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I received this mascara in a gift with purchase, like so many of us I'm sure. My lashes aren't long or thick so I rely on my mascara to make them pop. This mascara didn't deliver any notable results. Can barely tell it's on to be honest. I've never had a holy-grail mascara that gave me thick, lushes, lengthy lashes until I tried that darn Perversion by Urban Decay, and nothing has compared since. But yea, I would pass on this mascara and for $30, I know there's a better option out there.

on 9/1/2016 9:42:00 PM

I don't know why I'm seeing so many negative reviews. This mascara is great. It doesn't clump or make you look like you have tarantula eyes like a lot do. Before this, I was using urban decay perversion mascara. It has great pigment but is thick and will clump. This EL mascara does take 2 coats but it's still not clumpy at all. Gives volume, feels like not wearing anything at all. I will definitely repurchase.

on 7/23/2016 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm surprised at the poor reviews. I purchase a 4 mini set through Amazon for about $22. The 1st application was smooth and with about two coats, I was set. This stuff gives a nice coating, no clumping, no fallout, long lasting. I'm impressed. For a designer brand, it's worth the price as I would pay for a Chanel or Benefit. I would repurchase this.

Update: 9-4-16. I've noticed that the second tube dried out quicker and I needed to put on more coats. Oh well.

on 2/5/2016 7:10:00 PM

My sister received this in a sample bag and seeing as she does not use mascara she gave it to me. I am pretty fussy when it comes to mascara so I am always skeptical no matter who makes it. It turns out this is probably the BEST mascara I have used in a long time. It does not clump at the end of the wand like most do. It went on my lashes very nicely and best of all it does not cake or clump over time. I am very happy to see it also comes in brown. It is a bit pricy but when I think of all the mascaras I have thrown out after only a couple of tries it's not so bad. Hopefully it will go on sale somewhere.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This mascara is volumizing and lifting on the upper lashes; however, there are ds brands, which work as well. Major drawback for this mascara is it isn't easy to apply on lower lashes because of the brush. The best way to describe the brush is it's jagged.

Received this in a sample size, but would not purchase this out of pocket. Prefer a mascara I can use on both upper and lower lashes.

on 10/26/2015 8:33:00 AM

I've found this mascara totally mediocre, and as there are much better choices in this price category, I gave a definite NO for repurchase. It's nicely pigmented, but it clumps and flakes a bit. Nothing horroristic or panda-like, but enough to make you unhappy about this product and put it in the drawer and forget about it.