Australis Colour Inject Lipstick

Australis Colour Inject Lipstick
Wearing my new lipstick in 'Flamenco'Wearing 'Electro' lipstick by AustralisWearing 'Jitterbug' lipstick by Australis

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have these in Grunge and Folk.

Grunge is a DARK sheer purple. It smells very cosmetic-y, has quite a waxy texture, and is quite highly pigmented. I find it hard to apply. Being waxy, it doesn't seem to want to stay where I put it, and being dark, it's VERY obvious when it moves.

Folk, on the other hand, though just as waxy, is far more forgiving with it's nude colour. It's the only true nude I own, and I quite like it. It just adds a kind of blush to my lips. It smells a little more like talc than the other shade.

The packaging is sturdy.

on 11/30/2016 5:44:00 AM

Love, love, love. I only have Twerk but I plan on buying more in shades missing from my collection. Lasts all day, moisturising, doesn't fade after eating, and doesn't give me old lady prune lips. Packaging is simple and sleek, I love clicking the lid back on after reapplying.

The colour stays amazing and vibrant all day and is effortless to reapply. Large shade collection, so it's easy to find something for everyone. Highly recommended for ladies with dry lips like myself.

I bought Samba a few months ago & everyone started to ask me where I got my lipstick from! It is moisturizing (doesn't dry my lips out like other brands like NYX, L'Oréal) and the colour payoff is superb! I really love how this shade is so pink yet still natural. Towards the end of the lipstick (finishing), I've noticed that it was a little bit hard to apply as it has dried out a little. But that took a few months to reach the stage and by the time, I already got another of their shade which is Folk, another neutral colour that is suitable for pale lips. Recommend it to everyone, it is a must have lipstick.

on 10/27/2016 9:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am a complete lipstick junky ( I currently have around 5 lipsticks and 3 lip glosses in my handbag) and over the years I have discovered that as pretty as the high end lipsticks are, the drugstore lipsticks do the trick, and this is definitely an area you can be saving on. Australis colour Inject (I have "twerk"- totally makes your lips pop!) is awesome. Colour is great, hydrates the lips, and lasting power is pretty darn good. The only thing I don't like is the packaging.. looks a but cheap and chunky.

on 7/11/2016 7:00:00 PM

I bought Samba a while ago, put it away and forgot about it. Once I finally tried it I wondered why I waited! This mineral lipstick is so creamy and comfortable and Samba is a very flattering soft mauve-nude that's now my go-to everyday shade. These lippies are reasonably priced too at around $14 a pop although very often you can snap them up on sale which is what I have done to collect more shades. These are now my favourite drugstore lipsticks because of the quality and they're cruelty free.

on 1/28/2016 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought 3 of the colors (Samba,Ballet, and Mash Up) while I was in Singapore last month.
I have to say that I was really happy I bought them. The texture is very nice and the colors are gorgeous. They were also very cheap and I got them on sale that day which was very good.

My favorite of the 3 was Samba. It's a very neutral muted and nudy pink, not too nude and not bright. I also think it suits any skintone. It's a great everyday lipstick. It gives just enough color and make you look more polished but still minimal. It's perfect! I will definitely buy again and try other colors as well.

on 12/1/2015 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The texture was very nice and consistent and the lipstick smelt nice. However, the colour I bought, despite appearing darker in the tube, was far too bright for my skin.

on 5/15/2015 5:04:00 AM

I got the shade in Ballet, which is a natural light pink. It doesn't come off like a barbie pink or a nude pink like most light pinks do, that's why I am quite satisfied with the colour. However, I do find the formula dries our my lips, even when my lips are not even dry/ chapped. It makes my lips look flaky which they weren't in the first place. So I have to apply a heavy chapstick every time before I put this on, or even after putting this on, to moisturise my lips. Sometimes I would apply lipgloss over it to make the flakes look less visible.
It does sit on my lips for a good 3-4 hours even if I drank water in between. The packaging is quite nice as I like a fat tube- kinda makes it easier to apply.

on 3/27/2015 6:07:00 AM

I bought 'honky tonk' and 'make a wish'.

Pigment is good, however the colours both looked silly on me (honky tonk too pale and pink, and make a wish too bright of a coral). I don't know if they'd suit people with different skin tones or not.

The texture isn't as nice as revlon and rimmel. It forms little clumps on any bits of dry lip.

It's very cheap which is always a bonus, but I think you're better off spending a couple more dollars and getting a different brand. I wouldn't buy it again.

on 3/22/2015 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I've had the shades can can and macarena for over 2 years and both perform as well today as when first purchased. They are highly pigmented and last for about 4-5 hours before fading. The satin finish is non drying and applies smoothly. Both formulas are nice and thick so I find only one coat necessary but if I don't blot it's prone to smudging, especially can can. Overall this is an excellent formula for the price point. I would like to see a greater colour selection in the line but don't see any reason to deduct points. Highly recommended.

Popular Lipsticks