NYX Professional Makeup Soft matte lip cream- San paulo

NYX Professional Makeup Soft matte lip cream- San paulo
NYX Matte lip cream San Paulo

4.4

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

San Paolo is a pretty cerise color on me--not too bold and bright, but still offering a pop of color. Bold pinks and fuchsias tend to be a little harder for me to pull off since so many pull super blue, but San Paolo is balanced in spite of being blue-based. It wears well for a few hours, and it leaves behind a bit of a stain after it has worn off. It doesn't migrate or bleed either. All in all, this is a fun, vibrant lipstick that is comfortable to wear. I see myself reaching for this often during the summer months.

on 4/27/2017 3:28:00 PM

After hearing people rave about these lip creams, I decided to give one a shot.

The formulation is pretty nifty: It goes on nice and smooth, doesn't dry out your lips and the color has pretty decent staying power. (I just ate a big portion of greasy fries and had something to drink and while the color has faded a bit, it's still visible. Sadly, it is also visible on my cup.)

My one complaint is the color: In the tube and on the display, San Paulo looks like a muted, almost dusty, rose. On my lips it is fuschia. It's a nice looking fuschia, but it is definitely not the slightly-rosy nude I thought I was getting.

I would buy the lip creams again, but probably not this particular color. I definitely think you should take the display color as more of a suggestion than an actual swatch.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like these soft matte lip creams if I don't feel like putting on an overdrying liquid lipstick. Whenever I first got this, I was expecting a soft, mauve nude. I put it on and it's this bright reddish-pink. I was kind of frustrated because the color of the tube didn't match the actual color of the product at all. I like the color now, but I hate it when it's not the color you expected. The color of the tube and the actual product were two different colors. Step it up NYX!

on 9/19/2016 9:04:00 AM

I went to NYX in Rome for the first time yesterday and bought one of these in this shade and a Lip Lingerie. This is actually what I've been looking for for a veeeery long time, the finish is amazing, not too matte so it doesn't dry lips too much, bright color that could be pulled off in any occasion, looks amazing with my skin tone and the packaging is handy and the stick is very easy to use.
This is a 10/10, can't wait to buy more shades!!

on 9/19/2016 8:04:00 AM

This stuff is soft and loving like the hugs your parents never gave you. That alone is a reason to buy it - Literally the only thing that has touched my lips in several years, excluding my tears, which I let roam freely on my face so that I can pretend to feel intimacy.

I'm miserable, but at least my lips are fleek.

on 7/29/2016 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I love the NYX matte lip creams, I've written reviews for it on here before. I love the finish and smell, the size is handy and the price is of course excellent.

This colour is one of the best in the range. It truly is so beautiful, makes any skin tone pop and has a nice shade to it. It's not too bright thus avoiding looking tacky or cheap. This looks elegant, can be paired with neutrals, all black/white outfits to add colour. Or, this would look amazing with more tropical prints and brighter colours. This is great for a holiday as its warm shaded, bright and so easy and small to pack.

The colour can really jazz up any outfit. I also think this is a cheap dupe for MAC's Relentelessly Red which I own too. I find both of them too drying but this NYX one is less so.

Overall - splendid finish, beautiful deep colour, needs one coat, portable, cheap

on 6/10/2016 11:23:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm obsessed with these lip creams and the only reason that I wouldn't repurchase is because it is far too bright for my skin tone. It appears much brighter on the lips, like a dark hot pink, instead of the deep almost berry-pink on the packaging. But like the rest of the line, it's super comfortable and a perfect mostly-matte. Just exfoliate and use a lip balm like normal. Another note with these lip creams is that they do transfer until you really let it set (like an hour or so); they don't go all over the place but they take a while to set enough to be able to eat and kiss.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lippie really doesn't dry my lips at all, it's amazing! The color is just perfect. I was between this one, Milan and Prague, and I'm definitely going back for the other two!
Anyway, it's great for a daily use, since it doesn't give me that flaky feeling I get from using matte lipsticks (especially liquid ones) several days in a row. I don't always use a lip liner before applying, but it gives a nicer look when I do.

on 10/31/2015 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love this stuff!! I have always shy-ed away from "matte" labeled products because I assumed they'd be flaky and super drying - but not this stuff! I kept looking at swatches online and finally picked up this shade for $5.99 at Target. I will say it is quite darker when put on the lips than the color shown in the tube. For starters, this stuff smells heavenly! (who doesn't love lip products that don't smell like plastic! Although the smell does dissipate) This made my lips look incredibly plush, healthy and made my face of makeup look so put together! I put a little balm on before applying this and it went on like a dream - very pigmented and a little goes a long way. Although I will say I had to be really careful trying to stay inside the lines - maybe using a liner beforehand next time will help. Overall, this had pretty good staying power but did fade in the middle of my lips and not around the edges (after light eating/drinking). Besides that, I think this is a great value and I can't wait to try more colors!

I love this product. You definitely need to prime your lips with a balm to avoid dry lips first but as soon as this dries, it doesn't budge! The colour is decieving so you have to look at the color on the inside wand of a tester first, this one is more on the red side than i thought but i don't mind that. It smells like actual vanilla cupcakes which is awesome and the packaging is so cute! My only complaints would be that the packaging isn't super durable; i dropped it maybe a foot off the counter the day i bought it and it cracked badly at the top so i have to be careful when opening it now :( The applicator isin't bad, i just clean up around my lips if i mess up. Definitely recommend

Popular Lips Products