Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

3.5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This has become my new favorite eyeliner! It goes on the eyes really nicely and the pigmentation is great. It goes on super black and the applicator is nice too. The only con is that at the end of the day, the wing can start to smudge a little bit but it doesn't really matter because you're going to wash your face anyway. I got mine at Wal-Mart for $7.49 which I think is a fair price for how good this is. Will definitely be buying more of this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It doesn't take long for it to get smudge and give me panda eyes. However, it is easy to use and has decent pigmentation. But for the price of £ 6 wasn't good should be £4.50.

on 3/5/2017 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Really basic and easy to use liquid eyeliner pen. The tip is a little firmer and dries out quicker than the Maybelline Hypersharp liner, so if you're tossing up between the two I'd go for the Hypersharp. But this is great for beginners and a good price.

on 3/5/2017 10:56:00 AM

I am really not a fan of this product at all. It gets all over my fingers when I apply. It is also really hard to do a wing because the felt tip gets thick so quickly. I have to fix this up constantly and it takes the process way too long.

on 2/16/2017 7:13:00 PM

I absolutely hate this product, I bought it and it had already dried out, although cheap, not worth the price! Didn't even get to properly try it because it was so dry, if I were to purchase a drugstore liquid liner it'd definitely be the NYX felt tip liner!

on 2/16/2017 12:57:00 PM

the beeeest one

works great, not too expensive, does the trick! this is my third tube of this stuff & i won't try anything else from the drugstore for now!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

An average product. It's not terrible, but I didn't find it particularly amazing, either. I didn't get very many uses out of it; after only a few weeks, the ink ran out/dried up already. The ink flow wasn't particularly great either - it was decent for the first few uses but after that I pretty much had to drag to get the pigment out (and that caused the fine-tip's bristles to separate and fray), and despite doing that, I still ended up with mostly streaky lines.

Also, I don't know if I just got a bad batch / bad formula but despite being labelled as waterproof, mine certainly wasn't waterproof and actually rubbed off far more easily than I would've liked. I was always able to rub the eyeliner off easily with just my finger no matter whether I'd applied it an hour ago or six hours ago.

Unfortunately, I won't be repurchasing. I've gotten my hands on Kat Von D's tattoo liner recently though, and even though it's a lot less kind on your wallet, it goes on like a dream! My new holy grail liner.

on 12/27/2016 8:02:00 AM

I really like this eyeliner. Not only is it really easy to put on eyeliner with this one, but it is really pigmentend. I'm not a big fan of the liquid ones, because they smudge too easily. This one is great when you don't want to look like you are wearing too much make up and just want a natural eyeliner look. The tip doesn't dry out (I've had mine for almost a year now, and it still works as a charm), and you can make your eyeliner look more dramatically, or in my case more natural too. I've tried many eyeliners (from Chanel to cheaper brands) and for some reason I always buy this one or the one by Clinique (which is similar). I hated the Chanel one, because the brush was awful and after a while I couldn't even work with it anymore. Normally I love Chanel (especially their mascara's), but their eyeliners not so much. This one has a sort of brush, but without the hairs that most eyeliners have. And the best part is that I'm not allergic to it, because I have rather sensitive skin.

on 12/18/2016 8:11:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product, and I guess I sort of do. It's not exceptional, definitely nothing to rave about, it smudges laughably easily and the tip is far too delicate, but overall, it serves its purpose (I bought it specifically to make wings, as I use a different eyeliner to actually line my eyes). This is on the lower end of pricing and Maybelline products don't usually irritated my skin, like other drugstore brands tend to, which is a plus. I'll probably buy this again because it's cheap and decent, but it's not a product I'd necessarily recommend.