Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

3.5

on 2/19/2018 10:02:00 AM

Well...I wanted to like this because of the skinny nib of the pen. But it was soooooo stiff!! Plus I had to press the liner on my eyes many times to ensure that I got any product out. There WAS product in the pen but it just didn't flow smoothly. I only owned the liner for 3 days and went back to a better pen liner and chucked the Maybelline one in the bin. Lesson learned.

on 1/22/2018 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This eyeliner was quite black and I found it fairly easy to apply, although I found it feathered a bit. But it smudged like crazy. Within a couple hours, there would be gaps in the line, and there would black smudges on my brow bone. Even with eye primer, it still smudged. Definitely prefer the Stila Waterproof liner, but this one is way cheaper. So if you don't have oily eyelids, this one may be a decent choice.

on 12/10/2017 11:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This eye-liner is so good, I've had mine for a while and it still hasn't dried out. It is opaque and easy to use, works great over powder and glitter and stays on all day. Excellent product.

on 11/27/2017 10:06:00 PM

What a great surprise to find that this wears for 12 hours + + +
I find it has more staying power then my favorite Stila one and intense pigmentation.
I actually Tightline my upper lash line without touching skin but rather getting it right in between the lashes.
I’ve only had it for about two weeks so I’m waiting for something like maybe it will dry out too soon; if not, I’m going to be buying this one from now on. I only have tried the black (for reference).

on 11/24/2017 10:05:00 AM

I am a big fan of liquid eyeliner.
I was on the hunt for a cheaper alternative; i usually buy Kat Von D's tatto liner or Stila,s stay all day liner.
Bother of them are 25$ +
After some reserach i found this one at my local drugstore for 7$ and i love it! It is as good as the high-end ones...
The tip is very thin, it dries nicely and won't smudge (i have watery eyes...) and stays all day long.
What more could I ask for?!

on 10/31/2017 4:40:00 AM

I've been buying this eyeliner for probably around 8 years and it has never disappointed. Today however, I went to replace my current Master Precise as it was finally running/drying out, and I was SO disappointed. I obviously jinxed it when I told my mum this was the only product I have consistently bought again and again.

Maybelline has obviously changed the formula and actual tip of the pen, as it used to be a felt type tip and it is now a smaller more flexible and slippery tip. AND its absolute garbage, my old one actually still worked better than this new formula, it was way blacker and crispier than the charcoal-grey streaky newcomer, even if it says "Blackest Black" on the packaging. I will NEVER understand why companies change their formulas when it was perfectly fine to begin with. I wish could upload a picture on Makeup Alley to show the vast difference in product and how the new one looked OLD.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

What the...
I am an eyeliner gal, and I used plenty of drugstore products but NONE of them was as bad as this! It ruins my eye look every single time i am applying it. Since the formula is not waterproof, the second your eyes are watering, you can forget about the eyeliner. GONE.
Even when it is used with eyeshadow primer under, the result is the same. The last time i wore it, i had to do my eyeliner AGAIN on the train as it has smudged everywhere. Seriously, save your money. This is absolute garbage.

on 7/18/2017 7:50:00 PM

Just no! Not black enough dries very quickly and dont even stay on smudges

on 7/18/2017 5:44:00 PM

I'm not sure if it's just my eyes, but I thought this eyeliner was terrible. Without touching my eyes, it smeared within 20 minutes.

on 6/28/2017 9:31:00 AM

Not as sharp a line as I thought it would be. Also not waterproof or smudgeproof, which I really need.