Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

3.5

on 4/25/2017 9:04:00 AM

First to say, I'm not an eyeliner gal... my eyelids are kinda jennifer-lawrence-style so if I do a winged eye, I end up looking like a sad dog..
sometimes I do just a thin line and for that the master precise is my go-to liner. for me it is the perfet ratio of wetness and precision. I really do not like the really liquid ones and this one I can totally manage.
I think it does dry out a bit more than other products, but I kinda like it that way.. it would probably piss me off if I were to use it every day coz I would need to repurchase more often, but for my sporadic uses it is a perfect fit.
My line always turns out great. applies very smoothly and it has no bumps as it would have with a more liquid one.
I get no flakes or smudges, even in the summer, but if I plan to go clubbing or something i do use an eyelid primer so I stay on the safe side.

I've already repurchased it several times and i will do it again. Have no plans to switch from this lil' gem :)

on 4/19/2017 9:49:00 PM

I like the packaging, and the price isn't too bad. But after a couple hours it was starting the smudge.! So for me I wouldn't repurchase again. But I do like how easy it is to use.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This has become my new favorite eyeliner! It goes on the eyes really nicely and the pigmentation is great. It goes on super black and the applicator is nice too. The only con is that at the end of the day, the wing can start to smudge a little bit but it doesn't really matter because you're going to wash your face anyway. I got mine at Wal-Mart for $7.49 which I think is a fair price for how good this is. Will definitely be buying more of this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It doesn't take long for it to get smudge and give me panda eyes. However, it is easy to use and has decent pigmentation. But for the price of £ 6 wasn't good should be £4.50.

on 3/5/2017 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Really basic and easy to use liquid eyeliner pen. The tip is a little firmer and dries out quicker than the Maybelline Hypersharp liner, so if you're tossing up between the two I'd go for the Hypersharp. But this is great for beginners and a good price.

on 3/5/2017 10:56:00 AM

I am really not a fan of this product at all. It gets all over my fingers when I apply. It is also really hard to do a wing because the felt tip gets thick so quickly. I have to fix this up constantly and it takes the process way too long.

on 2/16/2017 7:13:00 PM

I absolutely hate this product, I bought it and it had already dried out, although cheap, not worth the price! Didn't even get to properly try it because it was so dry, if I were to purchase a drugstore liquid liner it'd definitely be the NYX felt tip liner!

on 2/16/2017 12:57:00 PM

the beeeest one

works great, not too expensive, does the trick! this is my third tube of this stuff & i won't try anything else from the drugstore for now!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

An average product. It's not terrible, but I didn't find it particularly amazing, either. I didn't get very many uses out of it; after only a few weeks, the ink ran out/dried up already. The ink flow wasn't particularly great either - it was decent for the first few uses but after that I pretty much had to drag to get the pigment out (and that caused the fine-tip's bristles to separate and fray), and despite doing that, I still ended up with mostly streaky lines.

Also, I don't know if I just got a bad batch / bad formula but despite being labelled as waterproof, mine certainly wasn't waterproof and actually rubbed off far more easily than I would've liked. I was always able to rub the eyeliner off easily with just my finger no matter whether I'd applied it an hour ago or six hours ago.

Unfortunately, I won't be repurchasing. I've gotten my hands on Kat Von D's tattoo liner recently though, and even though it's a lot less kind on your wallet, it goes on like a dream! My new holy grail liner.