Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

3.5

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

An average product. It's not terrible, but I didn't find it particularly amazing, either. I didn't get very many uses out of it; after only a few weeks, the ink ran out/dried up already. The ink flow wasn't particularly great either - it was decent for the first few uses but after that I pretty much had to drag to get the pigment out (and that caused the fine-tip's bristles to separate and fray), and despite doing that, I still ended up with mostly streaky lines.

Also, I don't know if I just got a bad batch / bad formula but despite being labelled as waterproof, mine certainly wasn't waterproof and actually rubbed off far more easily than I would've liked. I was always able to rub the eyeliner off easily with just my finger no matter whether I'd applied it an hour ago or six hours ago.

Unfortunately, I won't be repurchasing. I've gotten my hands on Kat Von D's tattoo liner recently though, and even though it's a lot less kind on your wallet, it goes on like a dream! My new holy grail liner.

on 12/27/2016 8:02:00 AM

I really like this eyeliner. Not only is it really easy to put on eyeliner with this one, but it is really pigmentend. I'm not a big fan of the liquid ones, because they smudge too easily. This one is great when you don't want to look like you are wearing too much make up and just want a natural eyeliner look. The tip doesn't dry out (I've had mine for almost a year now, and it still works as a charm), and you can make your eyeliner look more dramatically, or in my case more natural too. I've tried many eyeliners (from Chanel to cheaper brands) and for some reason I always buy this one or the one by Clinique (which is similar). I hated the Chanel one, because the brush was awful and after a while I couldn't even work with it anymore. Normally I love Chanel (especially their mascara's), but their eyeliners not so much. This one has a sort of brush, but without the hairs that most eyeliners have. And the best part is that I'm not allergic to it, because I have rather sensitive skin.

on 12/18/2016 8:11:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product, and I guess I sort of do. It's not exceptional, definitely nothing to rave about, it smudges laughably easily and the tip is far too delicate, but overall, it serves its purpose (I bought it specifically to make wings, as I use a different eyeliner to actually line my eyes). This is on the lower end of pricing and Maybelline products don't usually irritated my skin, like other drugstore brands tend to, which is a plus. I'll probably buy this again because it's cheap and decent, but it's not a product I'd necessarily recommend.

on 12/16/2016 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I think there are two versions of this liner sold in different countries - a felt tip and a brush tip version. In Australia we have the brush tip which I think is really excellent, makes a very fine line, deposits a good amount of liner without drying too quickly, and the formula lasts well without flaking or smudging. Obviously being a pen it will dry out eventually but not in the way felt tip liners do where it will dry out halfway through an eye or between doing one eye and the next - it has a good "flow" of product and lays down on the eye well. The brush comes to a very precise tip but as it is not a felt tip it's never sharp or pokey. Maybelline is already reasonably priced but goes on sale often enough that I can usually pick this up at 30% off or BOGO which is also great!

on 12/5/2016 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This was the first ever eyeliner I bought and it is really good! The pigmentation level out of then is, a 9.5/10. I know some hate has been going on to this eyeliner, but I personally love it. I recommend this a 10/10!!!

on 11/21/2016 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Terrible product! kind of dried out already when purchased. great choice if you want to look like a raccoon - smudges all over as it is worn. much prefer others like Skone Cosmetics
Insanely Intense Tattooed Eyeliner in Jet Black which is my "go to" liner.

on 11/8/2016 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It is really easy to draw a perfect line. But problem is that it is starting to fade after only few hours (maybe 2-3) and it is easy to destroy with accidently touching eyes.. Overall I'm very dissapointed.

on 10/23/2016 5:29:00 PM

A strong winged liner is my look, meaning I've tried my fair share of different ones. I prefer felt tip style liquid eyeliners and this is definitely one of the best ones I've tried. Nice brush which is easy to control apply, fairly long lasting, doesn't really smudge and is quite a strong black. Much better than the awful l'oreal pens and the collection ones.

The collection pot liner has been my go to for nights out for years but this is my new every day liner. If it didn't work I was going to give up on the drugstore and pay £13 for the Stila liner so I'm very happy to have found it!

on 10/7/2016 12:16:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this product! makes application effortless. It smudges a little bit after some hours however i buy it again and again.

on 9/16/2016 12:47:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Hardly pigmented at all, and smudges so easily. I'm more of a liquid liner gal, but I was willing to give this a shot and instantly regretted buying this product. I don't even give it a second glance when I'm looking for eyeliner.