Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo

2.8

Deionized Water, Decyl Glucoside (Coconut Oil), African Black Soap, Salicylic Acid, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil, Charcoal Powder, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed (Jojoba) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Oil*, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Vitamin E, Rosemary Extract, Plantain Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract

on 8/2/2016 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I use this once a fortnight as a deep clease for my hair. Some background - my hair is long, very curly and both my scalp and hair are dry due to bleach/dye. My scalp feels very clean after using and my hair isn't left frizzy or stripped (it does feel a little 'dry' straight after washing but once I condition it's fine). It doesn't foam that well as it is sulfate free, so I do have to use quite a large amount but as I don't use this shampoo too frequently I find the bottle lasts several months. I also happen to love the smell; it's quite strong and medicinal but it doesn't linger in my hair after rinsing. I would definitely recommend this shampoo if you're looking for a relatively gentle yet deep cleansing product.

on 8/31/2015 11:59:00 AM

I had high hopes for this as a clarifying shampoo, but it did not work for me at all. It did deep cleanse my scalp and hair, but it left my hair extremely dry, and both my hair and scalp got dirty/greasy feeling again almost immediately.

You should smell this before purchase of you can, because I found the scent to be very off putting, like an over ripe rotting plastic banana. The scent didn't linger in my hair, but was unpleasant to use in the shower. Obviously not the shampoo for me!

on 6/22/2015 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Well maybe I just got a weird bottle, but I felt like this really didn't cleanse my scalp effectively. It always felt like within a day my roots were greasy. Maybe it's because I'm used to using sulphates. At least it didn't dry the crap out of my scalp like the Hibiscus and Coconut shampoo did, so there's that.

on 4/2/2012 11:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This shampoo has been a Godsend! Nothing, OTC or Rx, has been able to touch my itchy scalp for the last 2-3 years. From apple cider vinegar to sulfur, I have tried it. This product is hands-down the best so far. You can only buy it from Target and Walgreens. The label says this is for itchy scalp, eczema, dandruff, psoriasis, etc. It does have an earthy smell to it, but it does not linger. Your hair will be squeaky clean, so you will need a nice, hydrating conditioner afterwards. I will say that it has not conquered all of the itch, so I also use their Elixir and am going to try the Purification Hair Masque tomorrow.

I have also found an unintended effect of the shampoo - it has faded the hyperpigmentation on my face! I had ordered some black soap face wash and thought, "What the heck, I'll try the shampoo on my face until it gets here; can't hurt." Within a few days I noticed my spots were fading. After using the face wash for a week or so, I noticed my spots were coming back. Now that I've gone back to the shampoo on my face, they are almost completely gone. I don't know if that will work for everybody, but it does for me.

Popular Shampoos