Yes To Carrots Yes To Tomatoes Daily Pore Scrub

Yes To Carrots Yes To Tomatoes Daily Pore Scrub

3.0

Salicylic Acid 2% Acne Treatment Inactive Ingredients: Water, Stearic Acid, Propanediol, Sodium Stearate, Glycerin, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Stem Extract, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) (Tomato) Extract*, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract*, Bisabolol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Xanthan Gum, Alcohol. * Certified Organic Ingredient.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I'm going to list its crimes in order of least to worst:

1. Expensive, cost $15 here.
2. Thin, runny, texture
3. Stingy amount of beads
4. Does not scrub off my flakey skin
5. Face does not feel or look properly clean
6. Dries my skin out
7. Makes my skin look visibly rougher and flakier
8. Burns my skin red like tomato red chemical burn
9. BROKE ME OUT in little whiteheads and itchy bumps all over my skin. (I hardy every break out)

UPDATE 2 WEEKS LATER:
Most of the itching, redness and clogged pores are gone but I'm still dealing with a few cystic acne breakouts this caused which I haven't had for 30 years. I did some research on the ingredients list and found out that this is made of cheap chemicals that can clog pores faster than any scrub can clear them. Salicylic acid is useless in a wash off product so its pointless being there. Seems a bad formula useless for all skin types that seems designed to ruin the skin :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Scrubs that you use on you face should never be to harsh, since the scrub beads in this one are quite big, I use it only sometimes on my faces and mainly on my body! Great for bacne!

To Read all 34 Reviews, Login or Join

Even though this is a "daily" product I only use it every now and then, perhaps once a week sometimes twice. My skin is very sensitive to exfoliating products and they tend to break me out. This one however works great and doesn't break me out. Although I would never use a scrub everyday, so I can't say whether daily scrubbers would enjoy this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've noticed a lot of reviewers have had issues with this product causing breakouts. I have very sensitive, fair, oily skin and haven't had any issues with this at all after several months of use. I use this scrub a few times a week and supplement with a standard cleanser from their line. It cleanses well and definitely exfoliates!
It's very thin in terms of viscosity, runny, and the texture is extremely abrasive (imagine rubbing water mixed with sand on your face). If you have irritated or broken skin, I would recommend replacing this until you heal or using it LIGHTLY.
I've also noticed that some people are offended by the smell of a lot of Yes to Carrots' products. Personally, I don't find it overwhelming or offensive, but then again I LOVE the smell of their Yes to Tomatoes daily moisturizer (it smells like a pastry shop).

This product received a safety rating of 1 on EWG.org. :)

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have 2 things to say about this product

1-it sucked
2- it made my face look like a tomato

Has a unique smell. I always use a gel facial wash after to wash away the smell. I feel that it leaves a bit of a oil like film behind so I would be washing that away anyway. The grit isn't overwhelming. but be careful not to use it over swollen or open skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Was really eager to try this product but unfortunately after using it for about a week I noticed I began to break out more than usual, especially on my forehead which is very unusual as I normally don't break out anywhere else other than my cheeks. I noticed yesterday after wearing a full face of makeup that this product left a layer of residue on my face, I used my usual makeup remover before cleansing my face and after washing my face felt sticky and I noticed a gray tinted layer left on my face. After spending 10 bucks on this product and having it go to waste you could say I was the least bit happy.

on 9/28/2014 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have very dry skin and thought that I should give this a try since it's a bit more natural than other face products. I don't really have acne prone skin but I do break out occasionally and I recently started getting tons of bumps and redness on my forehead. I hardly ever get pimples on my forehead which was upsetting. but I thought I'd give this a try! it made my forehead worse. it did clear up some blackheads and minor pimples on my nose but didn't help whatsoever on my forehead. the one thing I did like about it was how it didn't dry out my skin and made it feel smooth but I would definitely not buy this product again. used it for about 3-4 weeks and didn't please me.

on 8/29/2014 6:24:00 PM

I don't know why, but every time I use this I end up breaking out badly with like 20 tiny whiteheads in random clusters on my face. I have given it several trials and no I don't use this to remove makeup I just use it in the morning in the shower. It leaves a slimy film that doesn't rinse off. I would not recommend it to anyone or ever buy it again. Blah.

on 8/3/2014 8:53:00 PM

In my exfoliator, I am looking for a product that gets rid of dead skin and flakes but won't break me out. This cleanser does not break me out (it also doesn't do wonders for my acne or redness). However, when I cleanse with this and wake up in the morning I seem to have MORE flakes. If I use this product in the morning my makeup looks absolutely horrendous by the end of the day.

My face is a very extreme combination of oiliness and dryness, along with moderate acne (I know, every woman's dream). This exfoliator was just not for me whatsoever.