LORAC Unzipped

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
LORAC Unzipped
UnzippedLorac Unzipped

4.6

These are just my opinions for my own make up choices and I don't mean anything bad to anyone who purchased other palettes as that's what was right for them.

I was so consumed by all the new palettes that arrived by what seemed like every company imaginable.
My wallet would only allow me one though so I tested, re-tested and tested again coming home with lines of color all over my hands and arms.

I don't want to fall for product that is really hyped up causing people to buy just to have it and I saw a lot of that with the Naked palette. I tried to buy it but I just couldn't. The price and then releasing another that was slightly different besides the colors left a bad taste in my mouth. So from one palette to the next I kept going.

My saving grace, the Unzipped palette hit the shelves on my 6th visit to Sephora. I was drawn to it right away. The colors are beautiful, they feel so soft but strong enough in pigment and staying power. It came with a nice size tube of primer and the price, compared to others was VERY good. especially for what you received.

I of course went home with out it like I had done with all the others but the next day I high tailed it right back and bought it. My palette hunt was over and I was super happy.

I took it to my mother's to show her and she immediately fell in love with it too so she got one for her birthday. It just goes to show how versatile this palette is.

My Lorac Palette has worked great from smokey looks to beautiful summer or natural looks, I love it all year round.

I wish more companies would work this way. Instead of hyping up a product and then finally releasing it at a large price, mix their good work with decent prices and be more honest.

The only complaint I have is the packaging. It looks great, it's a great size to put in my makeup bag no problem. I just wish there was more to it to help keep the product safe. It didn't have to be a metal tin but just little more heavy duty.

That's the only thing I could think of and is why I put the packaging quality at a 3.

Thank you Lorac for Unzipped. I will be coming back for more becuase of my experience with the price and quality of this product.

on 11/15/2012 5:07:00 AM

This is an amazing palette. the colors are versitile and the small sample of primer is fabulous. I have always used lancome eyeshadow base but it always dries out on me. I also tried the urban decay PP but i was not impressed with it. SO i used my lorac palette and primer and wow. It was on for hours no creasing no fading. Love it!! The colors are amazing with beautiful finely milled eyeshadows that are highly pigmented. I had debated if i wanted this palette or the naked palette and im very happy with my purchase becuase i didn't need grays or weird colors I just wanted lovely neutrals and i got that with this palette.

on 11/23/2012 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I noticed that there were no reviews from dark women on this gem of a palette- let me be the first brownie to say that this is an AWESOME palette! The colors are very pigmented and look really beautiful against brown skin. Because you have matte colors within the palette, you can get a complete look out of this palette- all you need to add is liner and mascara. : ) I used UDPP and the colors stayed on all day until I washed it off that night.

The packaging is sleek and would be perfect to throw in a bag while you're on the go.

I haven't tried the primer, so no comment on that.

on 12/11/2012 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am not a fan of eyeshadows, I am the type of make-up lover that rather spend my money on new foundations / bronzers / lipsticks than eyeshadow palettes since with palettes that I buy I always end up using only 2 or 3 colors out of the entire thing. But I watched a video on youtube and this one girl did a everyday tutorial with this palette using mostly all the colors..I love neutral eyes (easier to blend) so I got this.. I have the naked I +II palette's, I ALSO have about 3 coastal scents palette's as well as 3 TOO FACED palettes. THIS IS by far MY FAVORITE palette!! makes my eyes look sensual yet casual. and with that hint of nude brown purple. love it!!!! pigmented but not as pigmented as the naked palettes but the colors are unique with a mixture of nudes and shimmers!!

on 1/20/2013 10:06:00 PM

This was my first Lorca purchase and I have been so so pleased. The colors work perfectly for daily wear.

IMO, LORAC palettes are the unsung heroes of the makeup industry!! I have eye shadows from MAC, TF, UD, MUFE, SmashBox, Tarte, and several other companies but I have NEVER found a better palette than this one! I was a huge fan of my Naked palette and considered it my HG until I discovered this little gem at my local Ulta. I am a redhead with a medium skin tone (with reddish undertones), freckles, and dark brown eyes and I was looking for a pink/brown combination of colors to wear with a great new outfit I had purchased. I don't normally check out LORAC eye shadows but was having very little luck finding the right shades in my normal favorite lines so I gave it a shot and boy, was I glad I did! The colors in this palette are absolutely gorgeous and glide on like a dream!! I use my UDPP (my HG primer that will have to be pried out of my cold, dead hands as that's the only way I will ever give it up) and these shadows stay with me all day long (I'm talking 12+ hours on fairly oily eyelids). I literally have to scrub them off at night! The colors all blend beautifully and the shimmery shades don't have big flakes of sparkle in them. The simply glow on your eyelids, creating a very captivating look, no matter how you do your eyes. I really like to mix the shimmer and matte shades for a higher level of dimension, especially when I'm going out for the evening. The pigmentation of these colors is absolutely perfect! You can use a lighter hand for a more casual look or build the colors up without looking like a clown. I do not experience ANY fallout with these shadows either, which is much more than I can say for some of my other palettes, especially Too Faced. I have spent an untold amount of time playing in my makeup and god only knows how much money on eye shadows (it's a problem, I admit it!) and I have NEVER found an eye shadow or palette that I love as much as this one. I loved it so much that I've since purchased the Femme Fatale palette, as well as the Pro Palette. If you are looking for an outstanding eyeshadow that will outlast you in a day, that is a delight to put on, that comes in an amazing array of colors and that is one of the most reasonably priced shadows on the market, visit the LORAC counter. You'll be very glad you did!!

on 1/30/2013 10:03:00 AM

Obviously not among the majority here - I much prefer the LORAC PRO Palette to this one. Actually purchased this by accident at ULTA thinking that this was the PRO palette and was irritated at myself when I got home to realize I had picked up the wrong item. However, not one to EVER turn down an eyeshadow palette, I decided to keep this and use it - which I have. at least half a dozen times now.

I have brown eyes and frankly don't find that these colors do anything much for them. In the pan the colors look pretty and I love rose tone anything but I have yet to come up with a look from it that impresses me. Tried a variety of combinations but find them too shimmery and off color for my particular eyes. I am sure these colors are great on others - just not me.

I actually went back and purchased the Pro Palette and find it much more suitable to my needs - a nice combo of matte & shimmer shades and will probably(?) give this one to a friend. Could it be I am reaching palette overdose? Even the new UD OZ teasers aren't pulling me in...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

i love love love this palette. great colors both shimmery and matte, great color payoff, and blends beautifully. in my opinion colors stay true when applied to lids. also next to no fallout which is awesome because i always apply my foundation first. i wear neutrals and browns with everything under the sun so this palette works perfectly for me. another thing i like is the color range, theres light pretty colors that are very natural looking for work, and dark bold browns for a more intense look when going out. its my go to palette and whenever im going out of town this is always the one i throw in my bag.

on 3/12/2013 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

This palette has a gorgeous array of brown shades, but in a way we don't see as often. As everyone else has said, all the shades have a unique rosy tone to them. I have a pale olive complexion with cool undertones, brown eyes and brown hair and these surprisingly look very pretty on me, despite the shades seeming like they wouldn't work for a cool skin tone.

There are 3 matte shades, 5 metallic shades and one sort of satiny highlight shade. The only shade I don't use much is Undiscovered, the gold shade, as I find it a bit too warm for my liking. The quality of these eye shadows are just as excellent as Urban Decay. They are very pigmented, including the mattes, soft but not as soft as in Lorac's Pro palette.

The packaging is very portable and has a mirror, always a plus. I'm not very fond of the cardboard packaging and would have preferred a plastic or tin case.

Overall, I am glad I finally decided to get this palette. I kept waffling back and forth because I wasn't sure if the colors would work on me, and also because I have several neutral palettes already, including both Urban Decay Naked palettes, the Too Faced Naked and Natural palettes, and a Tarte Neutral Eyes Vol. II palette. Lorac's Unzipped is unique to all these. The only shades close to theirs were Urban Decay's Toasted, Hustle, YDK, and perhaps Busted. But these are spread among the two Nakeds, and none are matte. So I would recommend taking a chance on this.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great buy for us NEUTRAL lovers!

Pigmented creamy and staying power is excellent!