no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

I really enjoy this innocent powdery/almond concoction! Opens with a bit of bergamot spice & spun honey. This floats into the heart of heliotrope & billowy vanilla. There is a slight sweet almond quality. I feel this is very textural and although not listed in nots feels it a light musky lift there. I don't find the rose particularly dominant nor the lychee. Sandalwood in base is "white" light not a heavy wood scent at all. Some have compared to Kenzo amour & luctor et emergo for almond billowy vanilla fragrances & I concur for some elements. I find sillage moderate but very wafty! I get a lot of compliments. Longevity moderate to long(on clothes). Top:bergomot honey lychee M:rose vanilla helitorope B tonka tolu sandalwood ambergris

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Fine

3.0

6 years ago

First of all, how much do you love the name? If they A Lab On Fire to conjure the heady remembrances of falling in love, mission accomplished. I like it yet I don't. I'm not surprised by the negative reviews. I can see how the florals can get soapy on one's body chemistry, or perhaps the musk and sandalwood can disappear and leave a sickly-sweet lychee. My skin likes this fragrance, and it turns out incredibly well-balanced. It's one of those rare fragrances where I can smell the notes coming together in perfect harmony, not one overreaching the other. I primarily get the bergamot, honey, lychee, and sandalwood, but I can sense a bit of the rose and vanilla. There's no interplay with one note taking over, then the next, then the next. For this reason this fragrance stays incredibly linear with my body chemistry. It reminds me of my younger self and the backseat of a car, perhaps because that was the location of my first dalliances with love and, of course, sex. Is it sweet? You bet your heinie. It's not just sweet in the literal sense, but there's an innocence and playfulness about it, while not being unsophisticated. I don't think a woman over 60 would find this to be her speed, but I think you should wear what you want regardless of age and gender. It's sweet without being shrill, at least. And it lasts a long time. But with such heady sweetness, I have to be in the mood to wear it, and it's a fragrance I don't reach for too much. It's expensive, it's nice, but I don't crave the smell. For that reason, I have to give it only 3 stars.

About reviewer (236 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

1.0

6 years ago

Perfumey and unoriginal and indescript. Not fruity or vanilla at all like I expected from the notes. It's that "perfumey" element I can't stand in generic perfumes or perfumes that have gone old. Creepy website, too. A total flop and a let down. Can't believe this disaster is niche. If I could have given this zero lippies, I would have. It's that bad!

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

6 years ago

I love What We Do in Paris Is Secret - though I think the name is kind of silly. It's a soft, marveously well blended almondy floral. There isn't much development from the top notes to the drydown, but that's ok with me because I love what is there without it. It lasts all day on me if I spray my hair and has medium sillage. My boyfriend loves it on me. The price is reasonable for niche. I just wish the bottle were a bit prettier.

About reviewer (164 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

1.0

7 years ago

I bought this fragrance without sampling first, based on reviews and what I read. What a mistake..this stuff is awful, to me it smells like rat poison. There is a note in here which I cannot detect that made me very neauseus. It does not come across as a gourmand/foody fragrance at all, just all must. The price is outrageous for the size also. Sample before you buy!

About reviewer (241 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination

HairBrown

7 years ago

WWDIPIS is a soft, powdery, honeyed floral with a sweet cherry-almond and vanilla base. The powdery heliotrope and the cherry-almond are competing for the spotlight in the beginning, but after a while the powdery notes win and the cherry takes a break. The cherry never leaves, it just softens a bit and adds a sort of "tang" to the composition. All throughout, the honeyed florals whirl around and entwine all the notes together and create a cozy blanket of fragrance that hugs you and enchants others. A perfect comfort fragrance!

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

7 years ago

Turns out I now have a signature fragrance. I wasn't looking for one. Don't believe in them anymore for myself. And yet here we go.....I made a blind buy and the absolute perfect perfume for my chemistry and sensabilities showed up at my door! What are the odds? Since 2009 when I started on this site there has been no signature fragrance on the shelf in my Frgrantica wardrobe......and now there is. How is that even possible??? Enter What We Do In Paris Is Secret~she is absolutely irresistable! She is honeyed perfection through and through. This note weaves and wraps itself around every nuance of her development. She starts off with a bit of a cherry tobacco meets heliotrope wrapped in powder drenched in honey vibe. The next thing you know you realize you're drooling all over yorself with your nose stuck to your wrist! Extremely unattractive~but this gorgeous little perfume makes up for it! I have received the most poetic compliments from men and women alike since I've started wearing this. Seriously......dream compliments! She has amazing longevity as she partners with the wind to create the perfect amount of sillage and projection. I for real had a man ask me, "Did you just walk behind me?" I said "yes" and he said, " I wasn't sure. I just felt this light breeze and the most amazing smell all at the same time." Yep, that's WWDIPIS! She is both light and complex. She develops into this unintimidating draw me closer, please God show me where that smell is coming from aura, that makes you not only feel confident as you wear it, but it makes you look forward to smelling it yourself! If you are afraid of commitment....tread lightly. WWDIPIS will steal your loyalty before you even know what happened!!

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

7 years ago

This is currently my favorite perfume. On me, has the warm sweetness of honey, with a hint of rose and sandalwood behind it.The other notes don't really seem to come out for me. Really, really lovely and not sickly sweet at all. I think this could be worn year round, but I like it best as a fall/winter fragrance. Unfortunately, it doesn't last very long, so I do have to reapply later in the day.

About reviewer (100 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

8 years ago

Pretty pretty pretty. Almonds. Soft, blossoms, comforting, cheerful. I didn't expect to like this, but it's making me very happy. With the scent, and with pretty much everything. For the first minute or two, this scent was powdery, with flashes of plastic baby doll head. This went away. Then I waited for it to turn shrill or sour or tooth-achingly sweet. Nope. By Hour Three, it's honeyed and delicious. Lovely drydown. If you like Kiss Me Tender or Conafetto, you'll probably like What We Do in Paris Is Secret. For me, it fits the same perfume mood (though it doesn't smell like) L'Heure Bleue and Teint de Neige. Dabbed, it has low to medium sillage, and lasts at least 4 hours on me, Seems sheer enough to wear in hot weather. Will test it out in Phoenix in July and report back.

About reviewer (73 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium